For Sale: 1984 Spanish Striker, Salvage Title - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Eddie26, Jul 31, 2013.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    two different rules

for the FA Homegrown Rule- Lukaku will be considered homegrown after this season and will always have that status unless the rules are changed down the road (very unlikely)

Kalas will not count as homegrown as he does not meet the requirements of being registered at a club in England and Wales for three years prior to his 21st birthday. Although he was our player he went out on loan to Vitesse and back to his parent club thus why he was not registered during that timeline.

The UEFA rules are a complete mess- for example Ryan Bertrand who is the definition of a homegrown player does not count as an Association Trained player for UEFA because we loaned him out so much

confused yet?

Basically I am more concerned with the FA rule than the UEFA one.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I thought that Kalas had been with us longer. Apologies. But the Lukaku bit makes sense.

Yeah it's clear as mud.

4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Junior Malanda who we were briefly linked to

signs with Wolfsburg

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I would assume to play regularly

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had been waiting for word on him. Cheers. Good pick up for Wolfsburg.

8. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    STIPE PERICA SIGNS

Posted on: Thu 01 Aug 2013

Chelsea Football Club has today (Thursday) completed the signing of Stipe Perica.
    The 18-year-old striker moves to Stamford Bridge from NK Zadar in the Croatian top flight.
    Perica [pictured centre] made his debut for Zadar in September 2012, and since then has gone on to make 23 appearances, scoring 10 goals.
    He was part of the Croatia side eliminated at the knockout stages of the recent Under-20 World Cup in Turkey, where he made three appearances and scored one goal.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    screams of an Emelano signing

really liking the moves we are making

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At least he's doing something.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    quite pleased with what we have done with him charge tbh

was not a fan at first but if this trend continues...

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Chelsea Youth@chelseayouth 2h
    Quick notes on Perica from a trusted Croatian view: Has previously said he'd love to play for Everton, so interest/deal with Chelsea a shock

13. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Stipe Perica: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stipe_Perica

Stipe (Stephen) Perica (Little Peter).:) So far he scored eight goals in 20 matches for his previous club NK Zadar. NK Zadar was ex-club of: Dado Prso (Glasgow Rangers), Luka Modric, Djovani Rosso, Josip Skoblar (Marseille) who were prominent figures of this club.:thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_Zadar

Several other players have full or partial origins from the city of Zadar: parents of Mark Viduka (Australia), mother of Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), father of Teddy Lucic (Sweden), parents of Jason Culina (Australia)...fruitful ground.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zadar

chief232, Wrath, Blueallthru and 2 others repped this.
  14. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
  15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    It's a good thing he doesn't play football with his hands then!

16. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Hands up on this new fella whom I know nothing about, even can't remember much from the Chile Croatia game at u20 WC I watched.

Wonder if he will go on loan immediately? To Vitesse? Croatia are EU but there should be initial restriction on visas right? :confused:

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Actually, we are both wrong. He's a huge One Direction fan.

http://guardianlv.com/2013/08/one-direction-star-signs-soccer-deal/

fernb8 repped this.
  18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    if he is available for a work permit then I think he may feature for the reserves as needed

19. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    He's a very different prospect than Feruz is not he, solely by physical presence? In case that he's available for u21s, wonder if that will mean Feruz playing behind him or a bit wider, just as his use will be in senior football. Feruz is too mall & will get shoved off the ball often if played for first team, playing off a big old chunk will help him a lot.

But it's likely that this new lad will go on loan imo, & while Emenalo will be credited for his signing, I think it's Mick Doherty who might actually did the best part of the job, who knows! Totally unheard of lad, not a single link & out of the blue signing. Mick Doherty signed a virtual unknown Greece striker for Everton, who scored against us?

20. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He will have to go on loan. My ex-gf's old housemate was Croatian and she informed me a while back that whilst Croatia are joining/have joined the EU this summer, freedom of workers movements is not in the agreed package initially.

Also I may be going a little nuts but he was definitely linked a week or so ago, i'm sure of it. But all sites/people are saying this is completely out of the blue. According to my internet history I watched a youtube clip of him last weekend :D. Cannot remember where I saw the link.

21. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Unless the club are tracking me :ninja:

fernb8 repped this.
  22. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Croat papers reported this as out of the blue indeed, if anything, he was linked with City & therefore obviously Chelseas name got thrown in too.

The work permit part is true, he won't get work visa as of now.

23. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like fern, I'm really liking these new young signings this year. This came out of the blue for me. But sounds quite promising.

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    seems that the Wallace to Inter deal is inching closer per several reports from the likes of goal and football Italia

hopefully he can teach them how to tackle :p