Football Manager 2013 features

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by raydenvm, Mar 25, 2012.

1. raydenvm

raydenvm New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Ten FM 2013 ideas from Vitaliy Mokosiy aka True Football Manager: Football Manager 2013 ideas

And what new features would you suggest for FM 2013?

2. MrLiverpoolALEX

MrLiverpoolALEX New Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For press conferences not to repeat themselves after the fourth one!!! We need more options in press conferences basically haha

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What are people's thoughts on MLS in the game?

4. cmackem

cmackem New Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I think more press conference scenarios would be a good place to start.

5. wendy pearl

wendy pearl New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    I think there is more press conference scenarios would be a good place to start..;)

6. InTheKnow67

InTheKnow67 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Sounds good!

7. Lyon Gaultier

Lyon Gaultier Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Valle Del Cauca, Col
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Would be nice if they can add the features that are in FIFA Manager like use the money to buy house, cars and eventually buy the club to avoid getting sacked. The family feature is pretty cool as well. And maybe once in awhile when a goal is disallowed and during the conference you speak against officiating, your right.

8. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wouldn't hold my breathe on that stuff about buying houses/cars, etc, it goes against what Football Manager has stood for, it's a football management game, not a life management game.

What would you expect to happen if you are right when speaking out against the officiating?

9. Lyon Gaultier

Lyon Gaultier Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Valle Del Cauca, Col
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like FIFA MANAGER's presentation their 3D engine is amazing. The fact that your earnings can be used to buy a club could be something you aim for. What's the point of getting a salary (in game) if you can't use it for nothing. While owning the team it made it more fun because you can't get sacked and you start from scratch, build the team history, reputation, the joy you feel when you sign your first 3 star player to your unknown team an so on. On FIFA i would stay on one team while on FOOTBALL MANAGER after a couple seasons i want to switch teams. Don't get me wrong FOOTBALL MANAGER > FIFA MANAGER. But if EA worked on their press conferences they could give a SI a run for their money.

About the refs, last night i was playing with AS Roma in a classifying round against Viktoria Pizen what to me looked like a tipical stolen ball they gave my defender Juan a red card (8 minutes in), the player didn't even fall down. Nonetheless 1st leg ended 3-3. 2nd Leg 20 minutes in the game they gave Totti a red on a congested midfield tackle while my RB Gonzalo Castro got a yellow on an injury play.

If there was only a way to combine both games.

10. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    add owning a club.. pricing tickets, selling club level and marketing (shirts and club gear), selling club memberships, constructing facilities and upgrading stadiums, being able to negotiate sponsorship and having to go after more of them, selling add boards and even refreshments at the stadium. Have a more realistic cost other than just having somebody hand you a budget.

All of those things are what FM are missing really, I don't want just the option of being a manager, I would like to take a team that's a bottom feeder and manage that team with good marketing strategies and even developing the club in order to make it something big.

I want to be able to own a club. So it's not just about winning games, it's win games and also develop the club as a whole, even throw away some seasons in order to make the club better in the long run.

lastly, player loyalty to clubs should be a lot more important then they are right now. For example... if a player is a legend at his club, or is a childhood fan of his club, he's very unlikely to want to switch and shouldn't be asking his coach to be traded.

Every season in FM starts with Neymar asking to be traded from Santos... I don't even play for Santos and I get upset... Because I won't get to play against him first of all, and it's not realistic to what happens on the real world. A player won't leave his club in Brazil to join Malaga.. maybe if it's Real calling sure.

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Adding to player loyalty, players coming back as veterans to the club where they are truly fans of or even to their home country to be closer to their families. Happens in real life all the time, should be something to be added.

12. Septimius Severus

Septimius Severus New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Rome
    Club:
    AS Roma
    what are the main young talents in this edition?