Football Manager 2008

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by PoznaniakPS, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Max Cady

Max Cady New Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    So what If I was managing a Euro team in the Euros, would the mighty Cyprus always beat me?

I do not have a cracked version to find out, sort of wish I did.

2. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think what happens is that the game takes the bottom two from each qualifying group, not the top two, so if that is what is true, you will have to lose almost all your games to qualify and then you should be able to sail at Euro's! :D

That is if you don't get fired as a result of your horrible qualifying campaign ... :p

3. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you tell me if this is the case with all international tournaments, or just the euros? All Euros?

4. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can someone tell me what the best manager game is atm on either 360 or ps3.

Also, the last manager game I played was a few years back, the one with Mourinho on the cover....in this you could manage and then swap the disc for fifa and play the games etc. It was awesome, do any of these do this still?

Thanks.

5. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure.

6. Bemsims

Bemsims New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Spain
    El patch 8.02 fixed all bugs, now is good

7. omatic

omatic New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Chicago
    New patch still hasn't fixed the Superdraft issues in MLS. Very irritating.

8. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    same thing happened to me, i also bought it from amazon.
    Just download the latest patch and the bug is fixed

9. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that the latest patch has a lot of bugs itself.
    Just fyi, I was on another forum and they told me that I should complain to amazon and that I would get a full refund. I might do that. Thanks for the suggestion I was worrying that I couldn't patch my game! :eek:

10. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just had the best win ever on any FM or CM game since CM 4...and had to share the win with everyone.

Just to set the scene...playing with Liverpool, got knocked out of Carling Cup and FA Cup fairly early which left me with only 2 comps to play through and after a rough patch (1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses in December/January) now sit top of EPL and qualified top of CL group ahead of Sevilla on goal difference...drew AC Milan in the knockout round (as they finished 2nd in their group) and was very worried, especially with injury to Xabi Alonso. I lost 1-0 to Milan at the San Siro in the 1st leg when they had majority of possession but i had more shots on goal. Mascherano got a yellow card, which made him suspended for the 2nd leg and left Lucas to control Kaka.

Champions League Knockout Round 1st Leg (San Siro) - Milan 1 - 0 Liverpool
    (Mascherano yellow carded, suspended for next match...shit!!)

My Team Lineup for 2nd leg:

_______Torres___Kuyt__________

Babel__________________Pennant

______Gerrard____Lucas_________

Aurelio__Agger__Carragher__Arbeloa

____________Reina_____________

Subs: Martin, Hyypia, Finnan, Marcelo (from R.Madrid), Riise, Voronin, Crouch

Unavailable: Mascherano (suspended), Xabi Alonso (injured), Benayoun (injured), Skrtel (ineligible)

I was nervous but Milan had Kalac starting and i thought i had a chance to hopefully score 2 goals and put me through. Within 8 minutes...Agger had scored from a corner delivered by Pennant from the left to the near post where Agger headed the ball in (the exact instructions i set). Now that i had the goal i needed i was just hoping that they didnt score. Another corner at 14th minute and almost the exact same goal...Pennant's corner to Agger who heads past Kalac at the near post...Agger has 2 and im feeling very good. Milan are dominating possession (60-40) but havent threatened at all. Then after 27 minutes...Agger gets his hattrick from the exact same play...a Pennant corner from the left to Agger who heads in at the near post (whoever was marking Agger was hopeless). So i think thats it and im through when Gerrard and Babel score 2 more just before half time...i take a 5-0 lead into the break. Torres and Gerrard score in 2nd half, Gilardino scores for Milan and Voronin comes off the bench and scores one late in the game...im through to the quarter finals.

Result
    Champions League Knockout Round 2nd Leg (Anfield) - Liverpool 8 - 1 Milan :eek:
    (Agger 3 goals, Gerrard 2 goals, Torres, Babel and Voronin 1 goal)

Liverpool won 8-2 on aggregate...F*** :eek:

11. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    So I'm a long-time CM/FM player (the SI versions), and have FM 07, and knowing the way new games are these days (generally crappy until at least the first patch is out), I've not bought 08 yet. My current game in 07 is in Dec 2018, and I'm enjoying it pretty much, but I started wondering how 08 has been coming along.

I can't check the SI forums here at work, so asking here what people think of 08 compared to 07?

I don't generally play MLS (though it's always active), so any bugs related to the MLS structure aren't that critical to me, I'm more concerned about the gameplay in general. More/less media/player interaction that matters? Game engine pretty much the same? Would you say just wait for 09, or is 08 enough of an improvement over 07 that it's worth getting?

(I'm currently managing Wrexham in my 2018 game, and I don't know how the hell I'm doing it, but I got promoted to the premiership for the 2017-18 season via the playoffs, expected to finish 20th, and survived in 15th. The 18-19 season I'm expected to finish 19th, and somehow I'm sitting 2nd in the middle of December. I'm still the Czech Republic national manager, who expected to qualify "with ease" for the 2018 - we went through via playoffs, and expected to get through the group stage of the WC - we finished dead last with zero points - and they didn't can me. I really like it when all the old players are out of the database and it's all new names to scout around for. Byron Shakespeare - World Player of the Year in both 2017 and 2018.)

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall I like 08 better than 07. However, I'm not in the year 2022 and many of the major clubs have terrible financial trouble. Is it realistic that Barcelona, ranked in the top five of the world's richest clubs in the game, has hundreds of millions in bank debt and gets relegated? Almost every club in the premier league has terrible debt and if you take the job you have little or no transfer money, have to sell players to reduce your wage bill, can't compete in the league and then you get fired after one season. As my career has gone on, it has gotten tougher to hold down a job.

This may be because I am playing a game I started before patch 8.02.

13. papa1504

papa1504 New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    grafiks, and patches for FM here link

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Anyone played the 360 version of this game?

How does it compare to the PC version?

15. m-k-p

m-k-p New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    you have to buy Bendtner

16. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    http://www.genie.fm/

at last a working scout program is available.

for it to work correctly you have to go into the preferences and uncheck the save compress option.

17. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe someone here can help me. Tried on the si forums but with no luck.

I'm using a Mac. I just bought the game last week, but when loads I just get a white screen. WWSM 07 worked fine on this machine. Ideas?

18. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my advice would be to not use a Mac. ;)

19. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I finally found the solution. You have to go to advanced setup, and install directly to the Applications folder.

So if there's anyone left that has this problem, there ya go. ;)

20. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    *** Downloading games without paying for them (unless they were already free to begin with) is illegal and is not advocated here. ***

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    *** Downloading games without paying for them (unless they were already free to begin with) is illegal and is not advocated here. ***

22. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia

23. rikardo0o

rikardo0o New Member

Jun 26, 2008
  24. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems the 8.0.2 (I think that is the correct number) FM 2008 patch is no longer on their servers. Anyone have a link to download it, that is in English?

25. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you try this? http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3342088083

i downloaded 8.0.2 a week ago. you can get it there in torrent form. got pretty good speeds too. the patch makes 2008 an outstanding game!