Following Holland @ WC2014

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by damaaster, Nov 7, 2013.

1. damaaster

damaaster Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hi There,

Just curious if anyone else was lucky enough to get tickets to the WC, and more specifically to follow Holland.

I applied for TST 7 tickets, but only got TST 5, so I will be attending the 3 round robin games, the Round of 16 & the Quarter Finals.

I am from Canada, and will be travelling with my Dad. We are both Canadian, but his Dad (my grandpa) was from Holland, so we've been big supporters my whole life. This will be both of our first World Cups, and although we are super excited, there is also so much planning to do, and so much uncertainty because until the draw we wont know what cities to book hotels/flights for, etc. I was wondering if anyone else is going to be following the team, and if so what their plans were.

Also, hoping to make some contacts on here so that once we are down there, we have some people to have beers with and cheer on the oranje!

2. damaaster

damaaster Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Figured I would give this a bit of bump, since the tourny is now 100 days away.

3. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wish you and your dad lots of fun. Unfortunately (or maybe not?) I'll be following the WC in a bar in Amsterdam and from my coach ;)

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have a great time!! I thought about going to Brazil for WC, but its just too far to fly

5. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Will be following them by tv! I followed them in Germany in 2006. Wish I followed them in South Africa.

6. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm in Toronto. There are a few places aside from home to watch, but one especially good pub. A few of us haul a projector and screen to a large park and do the bbq thing.

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Brilliant Dutch repped this.