Fluminense FC [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by FiveXChampion, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Poetic justice.............turn down the CBF and win the Brasileirao with your tecnico. Congratulations!

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He's won the the last 4 out of 5 Brasileiraos... Impressive.

3. laranjeiras

laranjeiras New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Maryland
    Really, Muricy, you're breaking your contract because of a lack of improvement in the structure of the club? In the middle of the Libertadores, no less? Thanks for the championship, but I guess I don't get it....there's never a lack of drama when it comes to Brazilian futebol....

4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was also very surprised when I heard the news today.
    Muricy is a genius, so he must have a good reason which he states is a lack of proper structure for future growth of the club.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I will always hold Muricy Ramalho in high regard for the 3-peat my SPFC enjoyed in the Brasileirao, but I am taken aback he's leaving - in the middle of the Libertadores.

I do hope that he remains away from coaching any team for the time being (he said he's going to take a 30-day vacation). I would lose respect for him if he took over Santos, as some have speculated.

If he took over any team from Brazil who is NOT in the Libertadores, then it'd be all right - but I'd hope this team had the training facility he said Fluminense lacked.

I'm not even sure I'd want him back. SPFC is doing well; we have Rivaldo, Lucas, and now we have Luis Fabiano back. We will contend to win the 2011 Brasileirao.

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I must give you some big "Congratulations!" because what you've done today was nothing short of fantastic. Great job.

We may face eachother soon, so good luck to both of us and if we meet, may the better team be the winner. :)

7. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Time for celebrations!!! CONCA!!!! LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPtfuaKsnM&feature=related"]YouTube - Briga e Pancadaria - Argentinos Juniors 2 x 4 Fluminense 20/04/11[/ame]
    :D

8. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Congrats you guys!!!!

Amazing, ref really bailed you out there in the end!

What caused the fight, does anyone know?

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks for sharing Carioca.
    Fluminense does it again. Last year it was an impossible escape from the segundona, and now with only a 4 pct chance to advance in Libertadores they pull it off. Absolutely amazing. And I hope next time this shit Los Hermanos team comes to Rio, that their Bus makes a wrong turn and ends up at Rosinha, and there they will know what it is to get into a fight.
    The hero, as always..... FRED. I have repeatedly said this Fred must be called up to our selecao.
    Congrats as Flu has really given the definition of "Time de Gerreiro".

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    you mean Rocinha!!!! LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqEJvTA5VI8"]YouTube - Montagen - Rocinha e Complexo unidos contra a UPP {FODA}[/ame]

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't stand Flu, but I will give them their props. Way to fight till the very end, with much adversity. Not only were they dealing with struggling, political mess and Muricy's departure and its effects, but they also had an incident in which Emerson sung "Bonde do Mengao sem Freio" on the bus and left Argentina back to Rio without permission.

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hahahaha. I know I heard that this morning and could not believe that Emerson would actually sing the Bonde Do Mengao on the freekin Bus. Good for him, hehe.
    He must be in negotiations with my querido Mengao because it is impossible to believe Emerson would do such a thing knowing the consequences, and then leave back to Rio?? Or maybe he was dispensado because why would he go to Argentina in the first place knowing he would immediately return?? Puzzling.

13. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Do they have to drive by Linha Vermelha ? That is where they will get it!!! Arrastao!!! LOL .... just kidding....

15. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Wow!! Props from the Flamenguista. I'm shocked.:p We have a big game on Sunday as well. I only have one thig to say to that.

"Neeeeenseeeee!! Neeeeenseeeee!! Neeeeenseeeee!!

16. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So it seems you guys sold Conca to a chinese club for 12m dollars.... You have 40% of his clause so you'll get 4,8m.... Seriously, WTF?

17. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Tha's our dumbass president Peter for you. I mean it's like he's giving up on the season already.:mad:

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

Flu is dropping quicker than Fla did last season after winning the title. Conca has been poor this year, but he was by far their option and one of their best player still -- with Fred.

Could you imagine Flu going down this season? It wouldn't be a good season for you at all, ElMuneco. I feel for you about River, but I can't say the same if Flu were to go down.:D

19. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Now I know that he will get the third biggest salary of the world, only behind C.Ronaldo and Messi.... Crazy stuff.

20. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fla-Flu in the Carioca championship this weekend. The line-ups of both clubs will be interesting since they both played in the Copa Libertadores during the week. Should be a good one.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm confident we'll fare better than Boca.:)

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Fluminense: 3 jogos, 3 vitórias. Vitória em La Bombonera. Futebol bonito e sério.

Eu me decepcionei quando o Fluminense deixou a Taça escapar em 2008. Este ano o Fluminense tem um timaço: Fred, Wellington Nem, Rafael Sóbis, Deco. Aproveitamento de 100% até agora. E um grande treinador (Abel Braga).

Tomara que o Flu apenas melhore e cresça. A Libertadores é pra poucos. Eu que moro aqui nos EUA, e com o meu SPFC fora desta Libertadores, sempre torço pelos times do Brasil. O Flu nunca foi campeão da América. Seria bom se fosse esta vez; ainda mais numa final brasileira.

23. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I created this thread. Most links are broken now. I would love to be able to fix them.

24. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems nobody celebrated this on this thread... "Antes tarde do que nunca":