PBP: Florida State U. 2012

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Dec 3, 2011.

1. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't think the internationals had anything to do with it. From what I can find out about the internationals they are extremely good players along the lines of Dangey and Ines. This should be an interesting season once the internationals show up for training in August.

2. multisport

multisport Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I don't know Rachel Price but Eckerd College grads are known for their worldly travels and internships, liberal arts fortes, and are extremely successful on the employment as well as grad school fronts. Add Fotop to the mix and it is a great school for a student who wants to do something in addition to soccer and have an intimate atmosphere on the field and in the classroom.

3. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
  4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I can't wait to get a report on how good these new girls are; especially, the internationals.

Has anyone heard anything?

5. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    While researching the Freshmen, after the roster was posted, it appears as though once again the staff has put together another stellar group of Freshmen . The internationals have been dominant for their respective teams. If the past is any indication of the future I would guess the FSU womens team would again be a contender . FSU has always had superior recruits. Both international and domestic recruits have always made their mark because of MARK. MARK appears to be a master chess player and I would guess the trend continues.

6. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm laboring my way through the last iteration of 2012 classes (up into the Ms now) and FSU, even with the loss of Rachel Price is looking really good due to the internationals added recently. When all is said and done this FSU class will be flirting with the top 10. (If Price had stayed, the Seminoles would have come in about #7.)

7. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  8. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    With the season opener just 24 hours away. I keep hearing that FSU will have another top level team. Some of the Freshmen were real surprises as well as the great group of internationals will provide serious benefits to a stacked team. As in the past I'm expecting some experimenting as the season begins followed by anoether great ACC season. Don't be surprised to see FSU at or near the top of the ACC.

9. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Glad to hear about the freshmen surprising, but if you don't mind, where did you pick up that info?

10. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The buzz around Tallahassee was that several Freshmen and the Internationals would produce lots of offense.

11. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FSU won 3-2 The offense was strong. Freshman Carson Pickett did very well .Internationals Nora, Dagny and Ines scored.

12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  13. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    t

14. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Let's see how we look against a good Marquette team.

15. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Marquette beat a very weak St Bonaventure team 4-0. There was no surprise at winning but they didn't score nearly as much as expected. FSU has a huge advantage with offensive threats all over the field and on the bench. The defense needs to step up, as they surely can, and stop any threats. Todays key is the defense from defensive mids , backs and the GK.

16. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    That was our weakness last year.
    Occasionally, we sprung a few leaks.
    We're missing Kassey Kallman right now, but many good teams are missing a u-20 player, so that's no excuse.

Hope our defense becomes more solid this year.

17. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    The FSU/Marquette match was canceled due to lightning about 3 minutes into the 2nd half.

FSU was up 3-0 at the time.
    If memory serves, the midfielders were the scorers, Kervroedan, Brynjarsdottir and Hampton.

18. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FSU was very impressive with 3 different scorers in the game , a solid defense and a penalty kick blocked by Wys. All this against a very good team. Go Noles !

19. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Doesn't starting the second half constitute a complete game? What is the ruling here?

20. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    70 minutes.

21. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FSU plays UCF on Friday. It looks to be a meeting of 2 top 15 teams. UCF was a very good team last year but they graduated their GK who was a big part of their success. With FSU's incredible offense I would think UCF will have its hands full. FSU's bench is stronger than most teams starters. Maybe we'll get a chance to see the newbies play once the differential exceeds 3-4 goals. FSU should be tough for the next 3-4 years. Coach K sure knows how to recruit .

22. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  23. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    We beat UCF tonight. I was there.
    We deserved to win, but certainly did not outclass UCF.
    They were scrappy and had several dangerous chances.

I was very impressed with the following: (mind you, I'm no expert, JMHO)
    Tiffany was creating chances. She was just a hair off on several passes that were very dangerous; additionally she clanged a rocket off the lower half of the cross bar from about 18.
    Dagny was excellent on ball control, winning headers, game winning header and nice passes.
    Carson Pickett really impressed me as someone who can be physical or finesse.
    Casey did some real nice things; her speed is a real asset.
    Jamia plays with a lot of energy and speed. Just needs to clean up her ball skills just a tad.

Jessica's throw ins are killer. My impression of her is that she is not back to 100% from injury and is lacking some stamina at this stage.

As Mark says, we'll get better and better as the season goes on.

24. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I also attended the game and for the most part feel the same as you do although I have a few observations . Jamia has a high turnover rate as it appears as though she holds the ball just a tad to long before trying to pass or shoot. Dria , at least in this game, was stabbing at the ball and outclassed at her position. I had always thought of Dria as an attcking mid or forward and not a holding mid. Tiff will get her chances and was close in the second half. Dagny is an absolute star with great ball skills and a real athlete. Carson Pickett is among those freshmen who are the future of the team. She is an absolute gem with multiple attributes the best of which is her shooting skills. Several of her Club teammates are also on the team and might be a great benefit to her and the team in the future.. Mikaela Hahn added a real shooting spark late in the first half as she entered the game for Tiff. I could easily see Hahn becoming a major factor in scoring.
    I sat next to a club coach from Tampa who has experienced a few of the freshmen in the past year and he was very optomistic about FSU 's future. He praised Scarpa, Pickett, Fischer, and Hahn as being currently good enough to play against quality teams and with a year under their belt they'll be dangerous. He seemed to know each player in great detail and was excited for FSU although his heart is with USF.

25. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks for your input.