PBP: Florida State U. 2012

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Switching subjects, I was googling some of our incoming recruits and evidently Victoria Abnathy is very fast.
    Top 3 in the state in both 100 and 300 hurdles!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW85uvlmT2E&feature=related"]Victoria Abnathy First Track meet 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Mark seems to really be emphasizing speed.

2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    OMG also said Kirsten Crowley from Panama City Beach is very fast!

3. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think it's fair to say that all the recruits are meeting the typical FSU standards for playing soccer. Speed, Soccer IQ, etc. FSU has always recruited well and as a result FSU has great teams from year to year.
    As in the past I would expect there to be the listed recruits plus several international players, who much of the time, seem to make a difference. Dagney being a great recent example.

4. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    She is a decent player but FSU is way over her ability level.

For the record this just MHO and I hope she proves me wrong.

5. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Why would she have been recruited if FSU is over her ability level? Any other recruits, 2012,2013' to FSU that you are familiar with?

6. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Mark does occasionally reach on a couple of Florida kids.

I don't know, but I suspect it has to do with needing very little scholarship money and seeing the physical potential to be great, even though the soccer skills haven't quite caught up yet.

A bright Florida kid can have 100% Bright futures paying 100% tuition; some book money, local scholly money, national scholly money and FSU academic scholly money, etc. before the soccer program has to offer a dime.

I don't think Mark takes anyone he doesn't think has potential, but not everyone works out.

JMHO

7. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well said. Believe it or not even Mark misses on recruits. Some projected big time players never become big time. Some little known recruits maybe become big time. It is not an exact science. Why do you think football signs so many kids. They hope that 10-15 out of 25 pan out. Look back a few years on the roster at FSU or any other school and you will see that this is true.

8. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    She has ties to Mike P. On her club team she is middle of the road player and this is really her first year playing at a decent level. Florida schools are cheap for residents and she does have potential so a very small risk for MK.

As in any player it is all in how bad they want it, how hard they work. getting a chance from the coaching staff and your style of play fitting in with the system.

9. striker210107

striker210107 New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Look at the number of players on the team that have less than 30 minutes this season. They had potential, are still a part of the team but only get on the field for practice.

10. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    AS I looked at the 2010 stats and the minutes played I noticed that some of those girls left the team. I don't know if they left voluntarily or otherwise. I expect the same will hold true for the 2011 roster.

Are there any players from the 2011 team who have left FSU or are not coming back to the team. I see where JJ left before the season was over. She had low minutes but was always thought of as a very good pre college player. What was the difference before college and at FSU ?

11. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Are any of the 2012 recruits coming in for the Spring season.?
    Are all the remaining players from 2011 returning for the 2012 season ? We graduated a handful of seniors and have at least 1 red redshirt.

13. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newest Seminole via Australia !!
    http://www.seminoles.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/hogg_kahlia00.html

14. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ms Hogg is going to add to an already powerfull lineup for 2012. Between the recruits and any additional international players FSU will once again be a team to contend with. It's truley amazing how well MK recruits top players from as close as Florida all the way to Australia. MK coonections in the international community mean alot to this program.
    GO NOLES !

15. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Just how good is she?

I can't tell from the little info above?

Anyone know?

16. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Most of the information about Khalia Hogg is in the form of photos. From the little bit of data and articles it appears as though Khalia is a midfielder who is physical. She has not scored yet this year but did have some assists. She is considered a good player in Australia.
    I think that if FSU has recruited her she must be very good. MK's history speaks for itself.

17. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    More often than not, Coach strikes gold with the foreign recruits, but that is not a guarantee.

I'll hope that is the case.

18. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Any news on the signing day recruits ? I'm sure that some of the recruits were not athletic scholarships but maybe some are.

19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    No info.
    Coach Krikorian is notoriously late in getting info out.
    The good news is that when he finally does, there is usually a foreign player or two we don't know about.

20. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newest commit, Ani Sarkisian.

21. GoCourage

GoCourage Member

May 27, 2001
    Durham, NC
  22. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    IMO she should be trying out for American Idol or one of the other like shows.

23. OMG1

OMG1 Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congratulations to Tori H. for her huge accomplishment. Congratulations also goes out to the other women on the FSU Soccer team who made the ACC All Academic Team. FSU and Coach K has done a great job educating while continuing its tradition of great soccer.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/022012aaa.html