Fix for Diving and Simulation.

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Boda United, Oct 14, 2008.

1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the gilaridino one is the worst! italian soccer at its best.

2. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Some of those clips are hilarious (Lehmann and Drogba) and some of those clips show people who should have gotten a card (and probably did get a card), but that isn't the topic is it? The topic was that diving is so bad that it should be handled differently than every other foul on a soccer field.

All that stuff looked easy for the referee to see, so why would diving need special handling?

3. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gilardino*

4. Boda United

Boda United Member

Apr 18, 2003
    No. Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am assuming that your serious. It's because the refs miss so many of the calls. Even on that video the refs called some of the fouls the wrong way. Simulation, more than anything else, is staining the game. End it now!

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    If diving could be reviewed after the fact and carried a 5-match ban, it would be virtually non-existent.

6. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Ooh! Ooh! I know! If we picked thru every play after the game and gave out 5 match bans for everything, there'd be no players on the field to actually play the game! That would be so much better. Everyone would quickly learn to play like they were fixed on a foozball table.

Sheesh.

Not that I have anything against reviewing bad calls, but I think they should start with calls like when the ball's shot wide of the goal and still called as a score.

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    And how could they possibly rectify that situation?

Cancel the goal and make it a 1-0 win to Watford?

It is easy to punish players for things like diving retrospectively. It's almost impossible to do the same about in game events.

8. Boda United

Boda United Member

Apr 18, 2003
    No. Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice strawman. The poster on said 5 game ban for diving. I like the idea.