First Class season redux 9/18

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by kopiteinkc, Sep 18, 2006.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, things get underway tonight in the Windies and Australia and other far flung places (Sri Lanka?).

I plan to be online later tonight to see how they're going and then tuning in early Tuesday for my merry old England debut.

All fingers and limbs crossed for a better second attempt at this.

I am trying long spells for my two spinners and shorter spells for my fast/seamers.

More or less my strongest line up will be in place and I only have 5 bowlers, so they are gonna be knackered. I should have a sixth in there really and I have a good trainee in the making.

But for week one anyway, he is not playing.

Good luck and report away everyone .... :)

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much the same as what I'm doing, although I actually did put in for a possible 6th bowler, who I hope won't be used very much as he's not very good. :)

Now, in a couple seasons, I'll be able to run out a couple more all-arounders, but I'm not there yet.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    aussie matches start at 6:30 CDT

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got 7 bowlers set. 2 of which aren't much good, but I figure I'll only need 3 or 4 overs from them in order to give the others some rest. I've got 3 decent pacers but I'm resting my best bowler in an attempt to have him carry the load in OD.

5. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    DCUnited have their first wicket

End of Over 3: 13-1, runrate=4.33
    Kealeboga 2-0-11-1
    Machungo* 1 (3 balls)
    Stanway 11 (11 balls)

6. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    and another one!

End of Over 4: 14-2, runrate=3.50
    Wanless 2-0-3-1
    Machungo* 2 (5 balls)
    Rocastle 0 (2 balls)

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you gonna update us for three days ;) LOL!

8. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i haven't been posting from work because I just started a new job! I've only been there 3 weeks. I've limited myself to news sites and battrick. I'm trying to not waste all my time on big soccer!

I can always email you some updates if you want!

9. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU bowled the opposition out for a fairly low total of 163. They're at 123-1 after the tea break, so I'd hazard a guess that they'll want to set a fairly low declaration target (possibly under 400).

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey it's cool, I can check in early in the morning, but when I am at work I am screwed. So any updates are appreciated. It's not like traffic on here is that busy anyway.

So far my game in England is still waiting for commentary :(

From Battrick: We are aware that there are some issues cropping up with some of the FC games. These issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

While we would like the process of introducing this new content to be flawless, it is unfortunately difficult to integrate major changes without errors. Our apologies for your frustration and/or disappointment.

11. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC is off again. Can't say it's a huge surprise, I was seeing the perf. issues early in the morning when I tried to check in on DCUnited's match.

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dammit :(

I guess we will have a redux part II (III?) thread in about 14 weeks!!

Well at least we got a sneak preview of the orders screen and know to train up a sixth bowler!

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I think this is bogus. FC matches were put off for like 2 seasons, then we have a longer off season, and then they are delayed a week and still there are problems. They shouldn't promise stuff if they can't deliver.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Agree completely... inflating my hopes and then dashing them. Its like giving up a game winning goal in the 7th minute of extra-time... you just cannot ********ing believe it.

15. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last is the real problem, more than anything else. Allan set what turned out to be an overambitious deadline, and got caught out when the code turned out not to be ready for primetime.