Fire Warzycha, 2012 Edition (2.0)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmann

jackmann Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Cowtown
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw this shit....SACK WARZYCHA NOW

2. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    holy crap
    i am disapppointed

3. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm firmly in the RW must stay camp because of this week's episode of Post Game Quotes, with Robert Warzycha. The sentence in bold is so poetically poignant. It's as if Wallace Stevens were a soccer manager.

I think whatever you want to say. Let be be finale of seem. The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

ZipSix repped this.
  4. JackCaz

JackCaz Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both?

5. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You know, it's not as though RW has a history of benching superstar DP's from Argentina in pivotal . . . Oh, wait. Nevermind.

6. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think whatever you want to say. USA had a tremendous astronaut in Neil Armstrong. He walked on the moon. Obviously that giant step was something that he saw and he tried to do.

7. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Where was Chris Birchall?

8. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Duka, your ankle is not that bad get out there. Balchan and Speas hernia's don't need time to heal. Concussion Chad, who cares, you won't in a while. Where your guys when our injury list was a mile long with your wonderfully super smarty advice? Playing injured players is good smart coaching.
    Now the real question was not why not start Vukovic? Williams is good as a CB and provides a good option on set pieces so play him there. Vukovic is better at crossing and distance shots. We need that with all our midfielders pinched in all the time. Anybody know what Vukovic has done to piss off the staff?

9. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think you are going for sarcasm in that statement, right?

If not...what the heck are you talking about

10. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think whatever you want to say. The Emperor had a tremendous Sith Lord in Darth Vader. He was supposed to bring balance to the Force. Obviously leaving it in darkness was something that he saw and he tried to do.

11. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    C'mon, everybody knows the Emperor blew it with his gameplan... There he was playing away from home at Forest Moon Endor for the League Championship with the superior side and his strategy revolves around maintaining the bunker?!?!!? Who does that?

On the flipside, you have General Solo with a weaker team and dealing with his star player, Skywalker, taking himself out of the game early. But instead of going into a bunker strategy of his own and looking for the draw that may save them from complete relegation, Solo clogs the midfield with Ewoks and looks to score through his 7'3" target forward Chewbacca and a bit of mis-direction.

Solo's ability to properly use the players he had combined with his ability to adjust his strategy in answer to the Emperor's tactics allowed his side to capture the full three points that day. As a result, the Rebel team not only avoided relegation but shot to the top of the table where they would stay for quite some time (despite the Empire's attempts to reclaim the crown in the seasons that followed).

12. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You, Sir, are a tactical galactical genius.

zman31 repped this.
  13. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is sarcasm. Why you want to fire the coach for sitting an injured player? There are plenty of other reasons to want to fire him but not that one.

14. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad he lives in an galaxy far far away. I think it might be the LA galaxy.

15. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think whatever you want to say. You had a tremendous saying that I previously thought. I can read your mind and twice as fast as you. Obviously what you said is what I thought and tried to do.

JackCaz repped this.
  16. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the team choke in the playoffs again that should be enough

17. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually agree with not starting him. Here's my big mclargehuge mother effin' beef with him...

He says that he knew Higs was good for a bout 15 mins. So where the hell was he in the 75th minute? You take the Andy injury out, and RW in essence subbed him in around the 83rd minute. Pathetic. He's a big joke. There is no more tactically ignorant coach in the MLS. The talent is keeping us in the playoff race, but sadly, it could very well not be enough.

Vuko is in the doghouse. A few of us have been saying it for a while. RW has hated his guts since the road match against Montreal with Vuk's gaffe. Bottom line is though that he is a much better left back than Williams is a converted LB. There is no reason Vuko should not be playing.

RW had a chance to win big with a 6-swing on NY and keep us in the running for a 1, 2 or 3 spot. We're now only gonna be hoping for 4 or 5. I think a first round bye is out of the question because RW has no ounce of a clue what he's doing.

KCbus repped this.
  18. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take the counter on this. I probably wouldn't have played him at all. Sure, at the point he was subbed in, we were only down 2-1, but in my mind, the risk outweighed the reward. At this point, the goal is making the playoffs (unfortunately, the bar is THAT low). I still have questions about when and how FH33 got hurt, but regardless I don't think I would have even dressed him. If a person is only available for 15, minutes, then why bother bringing him?

And to CrewvMan's point, RW does have a history of playing guys who get immediately reinjured. Duka, O'Rourke, most notably off the top of my head.

19. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    I agree, every player on the bench should be ready to go 90 mins if needed.

20. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I think there is a case to be made for "rehab" minutes, but those are generally to allow a guy to get back into game fitness. However, each injury is a unique situation. In this case, I'm not sure that the risk of FH33 reinjuring himself is worth the reward of salvaging a point in a game that you've already mangled from a tactical standpoint.

21. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Nope, not being sarcastic. Anything can happen in a game and the bench should be used to cover any/every eventuality possible. Unless there is no other players in the squad available I don't see why one slot should be taken up by someone who can only do 15 mins. If a player is not fully fit he should not be on the bench.

DGA57 and djtrinidad repped this.
  22. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with you, outside of the point that Higs is a game changer. That was why he was included in the 18, so that if it was needed, you could bring him in and he could make the difference. If it were any other player on this roster, I'm with you on that debate. But Higs is the exception IMO

23. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    We are also paying him a lot of money, and if there is a risk of further injury trying to get 1 point away to NYRB is not a risk worth taking. In the grand scheme of this season, a loss away to NYRB is not exactly a huge deal. We are not at the win at all costs...yet.

24. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Until October and we needed that 1 point to overtake DC or Montreal.
    I am a Crew Optimist and a RW pessimist,
    it is tough to overcome the opposing team...and our own coach.

BeMassiveSoccer repped this.
  25. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opponents of the Crew love the smell of September in the match day morning

9/4/2010 @ DC WIN +1 1-0
    9/11/2010 @ LA LOSS -2 1-3
    9/18/2010 v SEA LOSS -4 0-4