PBP: Final: Spain vs Italy - July 1 [R]

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by JaredSS07, Jul 1, 2012.

1. eastbay145

eastbay145 New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  3. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL Never been to the north, northeast, or interior of Brazil, huh?

You better hope that Spain does not have to play in Manaus, Fortaleza, Natal, Recife, Salvador, or Cuiaba. The heat and humidity are killer. I lived in some of those cities and have visited all of them. Just trying to walk a few blocks in the day is a strenuous physical activity. And, there is no such thing as winter in those places. I would like to see how Spain does in an afternoon game against a Latin American or African team in one of those cities...

4. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'd like to see how they would do as well, as if the heat doesn't affect them when they run after the ball for 90 minutes.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    España can be hot as heck during the summer, too. Sevilla is a lot warmer than Recife, actually. Recife in summer you get 34-37 at most. Sevilla, you can easily get to 38-41C. Well, that at least from my personal experience.

6. LuckAndWin

LuckAndWin New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RESPECT bro... :)

Even Iker Casillas know well how to spell R-E-S-P-E-C-T to the Ref.
    How come a Spain supporter or maybe none of Spain or Italy's supporter did like that?

7. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was in Cordoba, Spain a few years ago and it was 45 C in August. But nobody was playing soccer, not even at night. They will be playing soccer in the afternoon in Recife and elsewhere in the Northeast of Brazil, as well as in Manaus and Cuiaba in the heat and humidity. The climate will have an impact on the 2014 World Cup. It will be more difficult for the European nations than it was at the last 2 World Cups.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This Spanish team is great, but you surely won't win the hearts of fans outside your own country with cocky behavior! :thumbsdown: Just remember certain tactless chantings after the final 2008 directly in front of a depressed Schweinsteiger (being on interview). Great champions don't humiliate a depressed opponent!

Obsidian and jerrito repped this.
  9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't see where this was tactless at all?!

10. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Borussia is keeping in mind that the poster found it to be "hilarious" that Casillas wanted to show Italy some respect.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For me it's tactless to make any statment about your opponent on the pitch. The Italians surely don't need Casillas begging to the referee for showing mercy and respect.

12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Come on, that's exaggerating. He didn't talked to a camera, he was pushed seconds before the win and just said "hey, let's finish, do not allow a 5th one". After 80 minutes it was 2-0, after 90 4-0, it's not improbable that this could have happend. That's all. It's not begging for mercy, holy mother.

13. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    Well, different people has different opinions. But if I was one of those italian players on the field, I certainly wouldn't like it.

OnTheWayOfDamascus repped this.
  14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Considering Iker likes Buffon, and the 5th goal was a whole lot more plausible than Italy getting one goal. I don't see how somebody could misinterprete his actions, unless you'd want to.

15. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Iker had the best intentions when he did it.

16. Michael Brownrigg

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I definately think Spain should be classed as the best ever now! Would be interesting to see them play against some of the teams in this video though!

17. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about France 2000? I'm surprised no one talks about them. Just a monster team. Using my eyes (not looking at statistics) I think they would be very hard for this Spain.

Beautiful Game 2010 repped this.
  18. Michael Brownrigg

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Very good point; Veira, Petite, Zidane, Blanc, Henry ... to name a few

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    IMO... if Spain win the WC in Brazil, then there'll be no doubts.

20. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    People are bringing that team up, but argue that their crash out in 02 takes them out of the argument.

21. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There was a game between that France generation and the current Spain generation (sort of, since many of the same players played) at the 2006 World Cup. France eliminated Spain 3-1.

22. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also, that France team won the "triple crown" (World Cup 1998, Euro 2000, Confederations Cup 2001) which this Spain team was not able to do (Spain lost in the 2009 Confederations Cup Semifinal to the USA, 2-0).

Suyuntuy and JaredSS07 repped this.
  23. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Does Spain's "crash out" at the 2009 Confederations Cup take them out of the argument?

Does Spain's "crash out" at the 2006 World Cup take them out of the argument?

If Spain "crashes out" again at the 2013 Confederations Cup, will that take them out of the argument?

If Spain "crashes out" at the 2014 World Cup, will that take them out of the argument?

24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pretty funny to see the Confed Cup used to show Spain is "not that good". :D

Dhajj and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  25. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No to all of the above.