FIFA WORLD CUP POSITIONS | The Midfield.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JohnnyFutbol, Dec 13, 2013.

1. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    I felt Zavala played the destroyer-role better than Torrado in the last several appearances with Mexico. He really impressed me with his defensive-intensity side of the ball. But still, I still like Reyes-as-DM if Chaton misses out with NT.

LGRod and Saul Acosta repped this.
  2. Eila

Eila Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Zavala is playing Right back at the moment, right?
    I just don't know who our DM will be.
    I sure hope Piojo is watching Herrera and Gullit play. These guys could do special things if paired up. Brizuela was good against South Korea, but just imagine the energy and recovery of the ball of the Herrera-Gullit pairing. Just get an adequate DM for cover, and we're set in the top 4 positions. I think we have decent strikers this time.
    -------DM--------
    Herrera----Gullit
    ----ST------ST----

3. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    No he didn't, and it wasn't because he was paired with Torrado/Salcido (chaton looked good alongside him at Olympics in the btb role, for example), it's just that he can't play the DM role, and it's not like it haven't been tried, in the past two years at monterrey and Some games with Chepo he has played as a DM and failed misreably (see monterrey's form since Lucho Perez went to Chivas). He just doesn't know how to position himself, or make good covers, or shutting down passing lines, or protecting gaps by fullbacks or spaces left by transitions.

He lose duels simply by being left standing, he just doesn't close down on his mark, and you don't want that in your last man infront of your defense. Admitttedly he's quite good at the btb role, he has a good touch and his pressuring is REALLY good, but that doestb't make him a 5, he will never be sadly, and at the btb role he will never be as good as Chaton, Peña or Gullit (all different).

4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    gulp

Saul Acosta repped this.
  5. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Yes, he was.

When he was paired up with Torrado in a duo-CDM role in Chepo's system, Zavala performed the role better than Torrado in the last games under the Chepo-era (specifically the June wcqs).

Re-watch the games to see what I mean.

I think Zavala is still improving as a defending midfielder. Remember, this guy debuted as a striker with Monterrey and played at striker until 3 years ago when he made a permanent change to the midfield.

icybauer, Saul Acosta and LGRod repped this.
  6. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    No he hasn't, I actually got those games from Nigeria through Japan (I've just discovered the magic of torrents) and he was only good in one game, vs Japan and in THAT role I'm talking about, pressuring high up. Vs nigeria see what errors he made in both goals, second time he was a bit better on the ball, but had the same problems in defensive transitions, he's like our version of Obi Mikel, the same problems, gets close to his mark but let them pass or get around him, sitting deep he's useless.

And not, he has not been a rb for mty, he has been a central midfielder alongside lucas silva and even Neri Cardozo (yes the winger). Trust me, I see him live every 15 days, I live in Monterrey and I'm an abonado, he's just not made for the dm role, as a physical btb he's okay, still IMO not NT material.

7. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    censored word was Bukkake? :coffee:

Puma76 repped this.
  8. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Lol It was torrrents (I didn't know it was a banned word). To finish the Zavala talk, the image of Zavala always running behind the man he was supposed to mark it's the prime example of what I'm talking about.

LGRod repped this.
  9. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    From what I can recall, Zavala was one of the best players against Jamaica in the June 4th win. And was solid against Panama too.

And why are talking about Zavala as a RB in your second paragraph? I didn't say anything about that.

Where is Zavala's error in the first goal of Nigeria? Torrado poked the ball away from the Nigerian player and created a 50/50 chance for Zavala and the Nigerian player, Zavala decided to slide tackle (rightfully so) but the ball landed to the feet of the the other Nigerian. From there, the play continued for 14 seconds before the call of handball by Barrera.

The second goal, Zavala wasn't even in direct consequence on that one lol What are you talking about?

Saul Acosta repped this.
  10. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    @ 5:15 1st goal Nigeria
    @ 7:07 2nd goal Nigeria

Tell me how was Zavala at fault at these goals again?

Saul Acosta and LGRod repped this.
  11. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Maybe I was a bit harsh in the fault part, but that game it's one of the best examples that the lone role itsn't suited to him, he lacks all the thing I've listed in many previous tweets. And he has never made a good game as a dm, not at rayados and less in the nt.

As I said earlier, his best game has been vs Japan in which he helped to get balls back really high, he hustles and is reslly tall and that's an advantage. You need to see the defensive side of the position, especially the things done without the ball (closing down, shutting lines of passes, mantaining the position and knowing when to go supoort other arras, etcs) trust me, this are prime principles to a dm, I'm now a student in a fbs program, and that's the few things fans don't usually see. See the full match, and try to only see what he does for 90 mins (I tend to do that with games I download regarding central midfielders) and see how many of the things I listed are true. Saludos!!

TGO repped this.
  12. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    In your opinion, what is Zavala's best position?

edit: btb?

13. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yes, he has a quite good touch, great physiche but not creativity and is a bit slow comparing him with the other btb options (gullit, hh and chaton) and that's not taking into consideration cm's who can play as interiores (Jona, Esperi)... He's quite intelligent to let go off the ball with short passes and do knows how to pressure, he's a defensive player but not suited at all to play as a sitting midfielder.

In the good mty days with Vuce, he made a system in which he thrived, he was pivotal on their style and to get suazo and the wingers the ball high up on dangerous positions, game after game, but age and other factor make that system work less with time.

TGO and LGRod repped this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Chaton is rocking the mohawk now so he needs to be healthy and make the world cup squad. We need more mohawks in the mundial!!!!

With Gullit and his jheri curl, Chaton and the mohawk, and Furcio, we would have the All Ugly Midfield award.

Combine their looks with their abilities that is a scary midfield, literally.

GrandeSoccer, LGRod and Overachiever repped this.
  15. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mundial+Amistosos
    1: Naco Fabian
    2: Ratatouille Herrera
    3: El Playboy Brizuela
    4: Carlos 'La Pocahontas' Peña
    5: Andres Princesa Guardada
    6: Javier "Cantinflas" Aquino
    7: Sapo Montes
    8: Tachidito Enriquez

Amistosos
    1: Jesus Manuel "Coronita" Corona
    2. Rodo Pizarro
    3: Jesus 'Frenton' Zavala
    4: Negro Medina
    5: Juan Jose "The Cock" Vasquez
    6: Diego Of Good
    7: Jurgen Damn
    8: Fatty Escoboza

Overachiever and GrandeSoccer repped this.
  16. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your nicknames are so funny, have me rolling lmfao :ROFLMAO::thumbsup:

17. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't Lie Nig Jk :coffee: I Need To Watch More Tv To Connect The Players With Look A Likes

Overachiever repped this.
  18. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your doing a good job so far

19. deepspace

deepspace Member+

Dec 30, 2012
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    watching this game made me appreciate cheech more
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

Saul Acosta repped this.
  21. Saul Acosta

Saul Acosta Member

May 11, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that was his best game with the NT, dont think he at that Lvl anymore

22. deepspace

deepspace Member+

Dec 30, 2012
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're right

He's at a much higher level now!!!

Saul Acosta repped this.
  23. Saul Acosta

Saul Acosta Member

May 11, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Think u forgot this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Lol

deepspace repped this.
  24. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How is Guido Pizarro from Tigres, I seen a few games and I think he can get the job done as CDM.

What do you guys think.

Edit: And I am not counting out Chaton because I really want him. But as of now. Chaton just got back from an injury.

25. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't encourage him.