FIFA WORLD CUP POSITIONS | The Forwards.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JohnnyFutbol, Dec 13, 2013.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As long as Peralta and Chich aren't on the field at the same time. Ugh they suck together.

2. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    in CURRENT form <_<

1.Gio
    2.Oribe
    3.Chicharo
    4.Jimenez
    5.Pulido

TBH 3/4/5 is a tough choice right now only because they all offer something completely different......

To me at least Gio is simply different, and Oribe is a beast in terms of what he offers all around.

Right chicharo still isn't at his best....Jimenez is picking it up, and Pullido does have movement and all that shit and like i mentioned i feel everyone does what Pulido does overall better, but individually.

I think that sub option is gonna be the true headache for piojo.....Oribe should start with Gio, and depending on the game sub in who we need.

Its a a cagey game and we need a big body that can track down and play poste while still being mobile...sub out Gio put in jimenez

Its a fluid game, maybe Gio is getting tired and we need a new set of legs that offers somewhat what he does in terms of mobility......Sub in Pulido

Were getting chances and missing em, take oribe out and put in chicharo.

tbh im really liking our striker options if we take all 5

icybauer, JJV1994 and elmaestro2 repped this.
  3. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't believe Gio was not called as an automatic pick by Piojo.

It feels like he's debating over Gio or Pulido at this point which I hope is not the case.

I love Pulido but its not even close, no matter your system Gio is too valuable in any attack to not take.

JJV1994 and and1football repped this.
  4. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you think Cheech can surpass Oribe if he gets in 2010-2011 form? I say yes. I think people forget how good he looked then. He was on fire.

5. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    That was my favorite chicharo, he had the mobility and he was great on the ball. That's the give and take of going to England probably. IMO will never see that guy again. Right now hes physically improved, but he has the English play style in spite of still being a old school style 9. Poste play and then make the run towards the first post waiting for the cross along the ground, and also he roams the box. We all know at this point exactly what he offers. Still, don't count him out, as hes gonna be huge for our world cup watch. Hopefully he comes into with a chip on his shoulder and looking to prove that he's far from done and does work.

Overall thought, That's why i think oribe just works right now.......dude plays like a latin america striker. Good on the ball and sacrificio amongst the other things that make him awesome.

6. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    BTW is this the first WC where were sort of flipped in terms of position stability?

We have a pretty good attacking player distribution, but from the DM to the defender spots were pretty thin.

clubamericalara repped this.
  7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I got that sensation while watching the games against Nigeria and the Nads.. The one difference, however, is that in 98 all of our top players were starters/key players for their respective clubs.

8. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yea but none of them were in Europe. If Gio, Cheech, Moreno, Guardado, Herrera and Reyes were in LigaMX they would easily be the best players on their respective teams. I think it is tough to compare the players because of how many of them have moved to Europe. I'd like to do a player by player comparison of the starters then vs. our projected starters now.

98 was my favorite world cup. Cabrito Arellano hitting the post :cry:. We had the germans.

El Mariachi, icybauer and Various Styles repped this.
  9. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was only 4 years old but I swear, I cried that day...:cry:

Neymadres, icybauer and Various Styles repped this.
  10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This is true but the fact remains and that means that our players performance can be a toss-up.

Awesome Idea, off the top of my head:

Campos < Corona

El Brody was in a decline when he was called up to the national team. The rightful keeper should of been Rios. In contrast Corona is currently in top form and arguably the best Mexican keeper.

Raul Rodrigo Lara < Orange Traffic Cone

Lara was at fault in both goals that the Germans scored to defeat Mexico in the 98 WC quarterfinals. An orange cone, painted green to match the jersey, would of proven more effective.

Pelaez > CH14

Pelaez was a fundamental player in Lapuente's Necaxa team that won three league championships. While Pelaez lacks Cheech's talent he also had "Approvech" and best understood the coaches tactics. Cheech only has one game under Herrera and it still unclear where he will fit in the squad.

Cuauhtemoc > Gio

Both are the most talented players with the ball at their feet and able to carry the team on their shoulders. However, Cuah was overall more consistent while Gio has shown to have off games just as much as he will have good games.

Ramon Ramirez > Layun, Guardado, & anyone else in your fantasy line up

Ramirez was a boss, that is all we have to say about that. He missed out the match against the German's due to suspension or injury or both because the soccer gods have a sense of humour same reason el Tri lost to the Nads.

Luis Hernandez > Oribe Peralta

He did not have a gold medal but he did have flowing blond locks that brought hope and inspiration to the Mexican national team. That and his nickname was "Matador" which is bad ass enough to strike fear into his opponents hearts. Peralta is a key player for the Tricolor but he is dependent on the team doing good.

Garcia Aspe > Guti & Hector Herrera

Not even a combined duo of Guti and Herrera could equal the testicular fortitude that Aspe brought to the field. Overall, the 98 squad was a team that combined a good group of veterans with exciting upstarts. This current squad has experienced players that are on the decline and the upstarts still too green.

11. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    who the fack is Guti? lol

Triangulito repped this.
  12. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahhh so technical huh, you know very dam well who he's talking about stop being such a Baysic. <_< :ROFLMAO:

13. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

Baysic repped this.
  14. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Baysic is the one that comes thru and punches some noobs lights out @_@ *breathes heavy*

15. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like this squad more than 2010's. In terms of strikers I mean. Waaaaaaaaay more options. IMO Hernandez should be automatic starter. He's the only one out of this bunch that has World Cup goals on his resume. You can question his form but the doode leaves his heart out there on the pitch. Out of the strikers that made the list he's the one who's the most eager to play. (Cos he's been neglected at manure). That's the type of player you want on the pitch defending your colors.

17. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We'll win every game 5-4

18. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont give a shit how many gols hes scored in the WC.

If his touch is shit like it is 80% and he keeps losing possession like he does, he doesnt belong to start, take your fanboy glasses off.

Gio and Oribe need to be the starters, period.

Baysic and iveman27 repped this.
  19. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    I agree but I have this feeling that Hernandez & Peralta will start & he will start Giovani behind them.

Not too bad??

But yeah, I would have liked if Giovani played along side with Peralta and Hernandez as a super sub.

20. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    I would rather leave the ball in the back of the net, but hey thats just me

22. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    [​IMG]

ask the Gold State warriors what cost them some of those games?? Turnovers. This guys ball skills is horrible and his converting rate sucks.

23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Yeah sorry to say, but if Chicharo starts these games its a goddamn crime. It should be Oribe and Gio.

The subs should depend on what the game calls for......if were getting played off the field with no possession he is the last guy i want out there.

iveman27 repped this.
  24. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha the second cheech scores goals in these friendlies y'all will be asking for him +10.

fickle AF fans.

nicamex1935 repped this.
  25. deepspace

deepspace Member+

Dec 30, 2012
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #300 deepspace, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Wtf gio?

It should be oribe+Jimenez

Gio is inconsistent as fùck same as chicharon.
    Bench both cheech and gio
    Or send gio to midfield, why does he want to play as striker? It pisses me off. It's like gio, do you want to give fat no neck midget another reason not to play you? I want to see you play bud, but it's tough competing against cheech, pulido, Jimenez, and god(aka oribe)
    Debate whether Jimenez or pulido.

ShockMaster repped this.