FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Mudang, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I wonder how the Belgians as a team see themselves.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Although claims to the contrary that nothing was promised, I imagine he's got a ticket to brazil though probably not as a starter.

3. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What I meant by my earlier post was people should stop worrying about Belgium. While they're the ones to beat (best in group, exposure, etc.), we're playing them last. So if we play well and collect 3 points against both Russia and Algeria, wouldn't matter if Belgium brings their A or D squad against us.

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Really? I doubt it & I don't expect him to make the squad.

England was not a real option for him (too complicated)...Belgium was the logical choice.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We'll find out in a few weeks. But since Wilmots is answering the question if Brazil tickets were promised, I'm not the only one thinking it.

6. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Ahhhhhh. Gotcha. I completely misinterpreted your post. I thought you were trying to say that Belgium wouldn't care about our game because we're last. You meant more that we might be in a position where we'll be moving through regardless. Makes a lot more sense.

Gayageum repped this.
  7. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Januzaj's agent said his choice had nothing to do with this year's World Cup, so it probably isn't a USA Julian Green type of deal. But then again the agent also said it was his "heart's decision"... and if that were the case you'd think he would have picked Belgium a long time ago.

8. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ++++++++++++
    wow!
    it's really cool to see....
    does it have a name printed on it?
    can you trade resell it ? or give it to someone you like as a present?
    will they check names/any other data at the gates?[/quote]

Yes. It has my name on it and fifa allow me to resell, trade or give it to someone, but they oblige to use their system.

meesheff repped this.
  9. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wilmots seems like the kind of manager that wouldn't put one individual over the collective team. januzaj hasn't played with any belgians, for club or country, and while he may be a really bright prospect with individual talent, he would lack a lot of the chemistry that most of the belgian players have with one another. not to mention, belgium are kinda stacked at his position so they don't really need him. i wouldn't say he's much of an upgrade over kdb, mirallas, or even mertens. and certainly not worth disrupting the locker room by picking an inexperienced starlet over players who have played together since the youth days.
    it was always going to be belgium. he was born and raised there til he was 16 and they have the best team out of the countries he was eligible for. it's not a big surprise that a belgian ended up choosing belgium. i think the delay in decision/announcement had much to do with his father.

10. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Statman, killaorca and nmssis repped this.
  11. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #1586 griffindinho_au, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Cristiano Ronaldo with four security guards:laugh::laugh: the guy is big enough to look after himself.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree but the last guy on roster isn't playing anyway and if you can a) make em happy and b) prepare them for the experience ahead of euros and next WC, it would be worth it IMO

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    not really when you consider they have Bakkali, Thorgan Hazard and etc who can be that last guy on the roster instead for the same purpose.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My point is that football on the pitch is not the biggest consideration. And again we will see which way things turn out in a few weeks.

15. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
  16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Bakkali has no business being on our squad after his season at PSV. He has barely even played since Christmas.

I suspect the 23d name will go between Thorgan Hazard and Januzaj.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But you don't believe he was promised a ticket to Brazil, do you? Part of prem. 30 roster but I suspect he'll have to win the ticket unlike Julian Green & US.

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Doubt Wilmots would make such a promise.
    He is almost certain to be part of the pre-selection.
    Almost certain to get some minutes vs. Tunisia as well.

19. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

V_Park, I'm very excited for you!

I think other than our 2002 World Cup, the 2006 World Cup in Germany had awesome fan support from our Korean-Germans (and the Gyopos around Europe who traveled to Germany to support us). we were louder than the French for most of the game and we matched the Swiss in the 12th man warfare. I'm expecting the same amount of support, if not, louder support from our Brazilian and South American Gyopos :)

as many of us aren't Korean-Brazilian, I'm sure we'd be interested to hear how the Korean-Brazilian community has been preparing for the World Cup, V_Park. i apologize in advance if im unloading a ton of questions on you but..

have you been seeing more and more Koreans in your area wearing KNT gear..?

Are the Korean stores/restaurants/schools/Cathedrals/Churches decorating their respective places with posters of the World Cup and/or Korean flags..?

have you seen or heard of any upcoming Red Devil gatherings or community rallies organizing chants..?

V_Park repped this.
  20. jemeldz

jemeldz Member

Dec 6, 2013
    paris, france
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    french are sorriest football fans on earth... its not difficult to be louder than them:D

21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I think it is because they are more well-mannered maybe.

22. jemeldz

jemeldz Member

Dec 6, 2013
    paris, france
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    french NT fans are ridiculous.
    Supporters of clubs like PSG, OM, Lens or saint etienne are fervent and put a great ambiance.
    But NT fans... They love their team only when they win (when the team lose, they claim they hate football). In stadium, they perform the "mexican wave" :D and keep silent all the time. If the team wins 4-0, they begin to sing. but they have no traditionnal supporter chant so they sing the national anthem...

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I think what the French has done in Football is admirable, among all of the countries to win the WC, they are the least football-crazy. Anyway, how do Algerians view France and the French respectively?

24. jemeldz

jemeldz Member

Dec 6, 2013
    paris, france
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    its true. they are not football crazy.
    they are special. most of them hate football players because they have high salaries (french people hate rich people). They are happy when their NT win. but when teh NT lose, they hate the players. ("we win" and "they lose").

Between France and Algeria, its complicated. Complicated historical relationship between the two countries.
    In term of sport, it is also complicated. France is stronger and don't care about algeria. Algerians hate france because of history but they like some french players (zidane, benzema, ribery, abidal etc...). Also, there is a huge algerian community in France. Some support the french NT, some don't care...
    French generally like african teams (especially black african frenchspeaking teams) but they don't like when some frenchborn players with african roots choose their african country....

25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic