Fifa under 17 Mexican victory getting no coverage

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Socrates_81, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This is N&A, those types of personal attacks are not allowed here.

With regards to the U17, Martin del Palacio, a journalist who is a regular contributor to BigSoccer and particularly in the Mexicans Abroad forum of BSMX, did an excellent analysis of former U17 champs. As it turns out, the 2005 team was an aberration in how many actually form part of their future full National Teams.

Here it is in Spanish:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...-sub-17-no-es-garantia-de-una-carrera-exitosa

2. niteowl

niteowl Member

Jan 29, 2006
    The thread starter was complaining about coverage on the U.S. media (the websites he goes to)... the reasons you stated don't apply... if they did the U.S. media wouldn't have covered the women's wc either.
    The U-20 Libertadores is not a world cup of any kind that would justify any coverage anywhere... your whole argument is fallacious and irrelevant to the thread's subject matter.

3. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You think? How much coverage would a successful US U-17 squad have garnered? Winning counts for a lot these days. Hell, even coming in second counts for a lot these days - just look at Hope Solo and co.

Sporting storylines know nothing of participants being legitimate pros, they have more to do with actual drama and excitement, especially if the home team is involved.

4. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I forget where it was posted, but the final garnered a record 98K+ in attendance at El Azteca. I know that the local Tijuana stations had plenty of coverage. I'm pretty sure if the USMNT U17s won they would have received much more coverage in the US but that is the nature of the beast.

5. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009