Fifa under 17 Mexican victory getting no coverage

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Socrates_81, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Title says it all. No soccer web sites I go to have anything on Sundays game. They're all over the woman's game.

2. roro10

roro10 Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you mean in the american media? its a u17 tournament. How much media coverage did ghana receive in 2009?

3. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    No coverage anywhere, any country, except ours of course.

4. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You didn't get the note ? Any tournament that Mexico wins is meaningless and not worth covering by the US Soccer media.... The only reason you got some Gold Cup coverage was that the Nads were playing. And even then the focus was on the post-game no English coverage, the Churronoodle ((R) Various Styles) injury , Tim Howard yelping, Bradley's impending firing etc.

5. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seriously it's the U17' it's really not that important.

6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If the baby Nads had won it, it would have been labeled the most prestigious tournament in the history of the sport.

7. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Also, to the thounsands of screaming fans that showed up at La Azteca rooting for the home team. It's not the senior team, but it's a major tournament involving Mexico, and it's at home in our main stadium. It's an U-17, yet the stadium was packed - a testament to how Mexicans care about our futbol. Besides, this tournament had some crazy match ups, some felt like there were senior teams playing.

You're damn right it's important. It would've been heart breaking if we lost.

8. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    This is N&A. No personal insults.

9. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pfft, wasn't I right though? :rolleyes:

10. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    And it's just the Womens World Cup, at least the U17 gives u a sneak peak at great players, and 2-3 World Class players

11. StrawberrySweetz

Sandwhich
    May 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I believe i saw a small article on espn soccernet

12. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

lol

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I saw that too ! Next to the Sasquatch sighting article...

1 person likes this.
  14. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Lmao, next to the obituaries.

15. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I saw something on yahoo, but in tiny letters at the bottom of their soccer page

16. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who cares if the American media doesn't give our champions coverage. Let them focus on chick soccer.LMAO That's the only category in which they can actually compete, and it's women's soccer for god's sake.LOL

I seriously wouldn't care or even watch the games if the Mexican chicks won every World Cup.

17. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I watch it for the boobs.

18. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Umm I though Galavision and that other one had all the rights to the games. I heard that the kids were not allowed to be interviewed by ESPN or Fox Sport. So who's fault is it really?

19. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    games were on espnU, espn2, espn3.

20. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Yeah, but were they allowed to interview the players?

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Were are the people here complaining about this when Switzerland's win had more of the same coverage?

And it's pretty funny to complain about US media. Who cares? Nobody cares about the WWC outside the US or Germany either. You think people in Italy, Spain or even Brazil are talking about Abby Wambach?

22. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wambach is a big deal, havent you heard

23. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Haha.

Man, if the USA wins the Women's World Cup (Damn you Brazil/France for choking! Why???? :mad:) what does it really mean in the long run?

Yeah, they won... but so what? It's women's sawker. If the men won the WC then we can talk. A WWC victory is nothing compared to when the men's team wins one, it's the harsh reality.

You know what I'm saying? Damn nadettes. :rolleyes:

24. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed. Wambach is a God. Or Goddess... or something....

25. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Sorry if i may have offended anyone in another thread in this subforum..it was not my intention.

But yeah props Mexico in winning the under 17, twice in 5 years.

The reason it doesn't get much coverage is because most of those players aren't legitimate pros. There are no under 17 teams that followed up their successful performance in the under 20s tournament; you would think it would but there isn't any correlation whatsoever. The reason for that is because the under 20s ARE pros, basically rookies but pros and potential cracks. You make a list of the under 17s that transitioned their excellent performance in the international stage and you'd most like come up short, whereas if you look at the under 20 players you'll find a lotta names..From Maradona to Messi, Ronaldinho to Kaka.. That's the main difference.

I hope none of you try to bring some fallacious argument into the mix by using derogatory terms that jab at my nationaality but rather stick to the argument itself by posing relatively well structured responses.

I think the same thing happened in the Under 20s Libertadores a month ago where a peruvian club won and had the whole nation in tears but realistically didn't make no headlines in the football world.