FIFA U-17 Women`s World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jonny63, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So finally the first good opponent for Germany. But most of the time South Korea was only good in the defense, they only had one good goal opportunity.
    After a horrible first half, Germany was much better in the second half and had good chances by Leupolz and Petermann. The first goal came in the 72nd minute after a great shot by Schmid who scored from just outside the penalty area. Just a few minutes after that Lena Lotzen could hold the ball against 3 or 4 Koreans and scored her 4th goal of the tournament. She has scored in every match so far.
    In the last minute then a nice attack of the Germans was finished by substitute Chojnowski.

But it was a hard match to win and Germany hopefully know now, that the next opponents will be at last as strong as South Korea.

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FIFA.com is pretty slow this time with the highlights.
    Anyway, the first two quarterfinals will be:
    Nigeria - South Korea
    Germany - North Korea

Not a surprise. Today it will be more exciting, as any team could theoretically qualify, even New Zealand.
    Especially group D looks very nice.

3. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    That's the same "theretically" as in "theoretically Mexico could have won against Germany", right?

Let's face it: Spain and Japan are through.

4. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, yes. :eek:

So only group D's outcome is totally unknown.

5. noahjames1010

noahjames1010 New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The USA was doing real good for women's soccer hope they keep it up and take the USA to the world cup

6. LeRocket

LeRocket New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What a great curling strike by Siobhàn Killeen against Canada!

Does anybody have any info on her?

7. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    So Spain and Japan are through,* and that was the second 6-0 win for Japan in a row. Talk about massive scorelines...

* actually NZ could theoretically still advance if Spain and Japan both are disqualified because of age cheating or something within the next few days

8. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ireland 2-0 up at half time. Brazil also winning which means if scores stay the same we play Spain in the next round.

Still an unknown quantity????

KOH

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Ahh - we know what you mean - so which team is it ?

The team you suspect of trafficking teenage transgenders to trinidad & tobago ?

:eek:

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Actually if scores remain excatly the same, its Ireland v Japan.

Ifff - because Ghana is hardly going to give up without a fight - they looked very good even when they lost to Canada.

11. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I wasn't thinking of a specific team, I just remembered people complaining about that and age cheating in general. I think we can very much exclude the possibility of transgenders on the Japanese team though, they're waaaaay too cute for that.

Which side would you support in that case?

Also I see now that Japan and Germany will already meet in the semifinal, which is a shame because Germany deserves to reach the final as well.

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well if that happens (and Brasil has scored again, and lead the shot count 25-4 etc) and if I can see the game - which is extremely unlikely as FIFA is doing an excellent job in shutting down the streams - then I would just hope for a great game.

Edit -

Actually I see Ireland has gone 3-0 up ....amazing.

And I see Ghana missed a PK just before halftime.

In fact I would prefer Ireland as they have the DF line that can win a WC, and they have beaten Germany recently.

13. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    It currently looks as if Ireland can only score from distance (real distance) or defensive errors, which they've done for the third time today already.

14. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really like those match ups for the KO-rounds. If Germany want to win the title, they probably have to beat two Asians first (like during the U-20 WWC).

Also it shows that the reallocation of berths was an absolute joke. :rolleyes:
    CONMEBOL, CAF -1 each
    UEFA, AFC +1 each
    That should do the trick.

15. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If you knew the game you would know it doesnt matter how you score. We have done as well as we expected to and there is more to come. We fear no country.

KOH

16. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I only saw the highlights but what impressed me was that Ghana appeared to have been shut out on attack. All they had was a dubious edge-of-box PK and that late header.

Oddly enough, the Japanese are playing, at least in attack, like a European team. But these small girls can shoot.

Good luck....you guys will enjoy it, I will get the 3-minute higlights...:mad:

18. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    South Korea two goals down against Nigeria three minutes into the game. :eek:

Yes, that's the same South Korea that took Germany over 70 minutes to score against.

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, why not?
    Barca can also lose to a promoted team. :p

I am not happy with that, I don't really like Nigeria. Or rather I don't like their fans.

20. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    They pulled one back, 1-2 now. I'm not sure, but that could have been an error from the Nigerian GK. Have to watch the highlights later to be certain.
    So far both defense lines look really bad.

And while I'm typing this, Nigeria nearly scored another, but that one was disallowed due to offside.

I don't like Nigeria that much either, but that might have something to do with the U-20 WC.

Edit: 2-2... lol

21. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Korea equalize! Nice.

22. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    3-2 Nigeria... a rather scrappy goal.

Edit: 3-3! Korea pull level from a PK that could have been a FK just as well.

4-3 Korea, a little later 4-4... going to extra time... what a game.

5-4 Korea! Errr... 6-4, actually. What kind of game is this?

6-5... ran out of popcorn.

23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see penalty kicks comming up.

24. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Game over; Korea 6, Nigeria 5.

Player of the match for me: Kim Minah (Korean GK).

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yeah, with a scoreline like that, one of the GKs has to get the award :cool: