FIFA U-17 Women`s World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jonny63, Sep 5, 2010.

1. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    They have to slow down if they don't want to be scolded by Blatter.

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you look back now, Mexico actually didn't play soooo bad, didn't they?

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    The first couple of minutes I thought South Africa were visibly stronger than Mexico, but once the floodgates had opened... :eek:

4. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now Germany waste all good opportunities. No joke it should have been 16:1 by now.

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Could it be deliberate ? I mean 9-1 at half-time is already an embarrassment. As usual I cannot see the game, so I am just speculating.

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    North Korea - Chile 3-0

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    South Africa got a better result than Mexico...:D

8. SloanDarwin

SloanDarwin Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Second half by Germany was a bit embarrassing. If they don't want to play any more, than sit back and let the opponent try their luck. Wasting so many chances just made them look bad.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here's what the FIFA report states -

"Malinowski must have taken pity on the Africans with five minutes to go, hitting over an open goal to a roar of good-natured laughter from the crowd. "

10. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well the 10:1 is still the new record victory in the U-17 world cup history.

11. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    The Germany-South Africa match was an embarrasement. It could have ended 20-1. Two completely different teams in terms of strength.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This game was not an embarrasement. This German side could hand beat downs to any team they face in this tournement. South Africa came into this game trying to compete with a superior side, even if crazy, this should be comended.

YES this can result in big scorelines, but at least Germany play good attacking football. Would you rather see 11 players behind the ball? while Germany eventually win 4-0 with 75% possession.

I personally dont think people understand just how developed the German system is. Frauenbundesliga 1st teamers, 2nd division starters, and girls that train with Bundesliga academy boys and full international women.

If other teams were doing massive scorlines thats when you have a problem. Germany have raised the bar for themselves, its up to others to follow thier lead.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    duplicate

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Hmmmmmmmmm the FIFA web-site states:

Kim Kum Jong ruthlessly fired a shot from 30 yards out that took a wicked deflection before nestling in the back of the net. Pong Son Hwa added a third five minutes before full time, taking advantage of a defensive mix-up to slide her close-range try home.

But the video shows that there was no deflection at all.

And as for the account of the "defensive mix-up" and "slide her close-range try" - it was actually scored from a PK.

So it was too boring for the journalist, he had to embellish it a bit ?

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Canada 0 - 1 Republic of Ireland

Hmmm at least one of my teams is showing results. A typical low-scoring Irish win (they beat Germany 1-0 in the Euro semis -> yep the same Germany, just a few months ago).

Now I wonder, could Ghana beat Brasil and really open up the group.

16. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Massive scorelines aren't a German invention. At the 2008 U-17 Women's WC France trashed Paraguay 6-2, and was in return destroyed by Japan 7-1 the next match, who scored another 7 goals against Paraguay as well.

Edit: Japan 3 - 0 Venezuela HT.
    Two clear penalties for Japan not given, one shot bounced off the inside of the post - could easily have been 6-0 by now.

Edit2: Final score: 6-0

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here are the FIFA Stats -

[​IMG] Statistics [​IMG]
    28 Shots 8
    5 Corner kicks 3
    2 Yellow cards 1
    0 Red cards 0
    72% Possession 28%

I guess the 78% possession advantage plus the 28 Shots tells the story.

18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Told you so :p ........... Ghana 1-0 Brasil

Now all teams have 3 points.

Is this supposed to be the Group of Death ? It is now.

19. CAFAN

CAFAN Member

May 30, 2003
    Ghana beat Brazil 1-0, so after 2 games each, all 4 teams sit at 3 points in the 'group of death'.

20. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I still don't know why UEFA, CAF and CONMEBOL all have the same number of berths this tournament. :confused:

I think this would be a better distribution:

Host: 1
    OFC: 1
    AFC: 3
    CONCACAF: 2
    CAF: 2
    CONMEBOL: 2
    UEFA: 5

Actually I would prefer (CONCA)CAF: 2.5, CONMEBOL: 2.5, UEFA:4, but intercontinental play-offs for U-17 women?

21. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We are the favourites. To my mind we are the best team there is,” declares a beaming Ordega, speaking exclusively to FIFA.com.

Quite arrogant. :rolleyes:

Especially when you read, what she later says.

It would be perfect to meet Germany in the final,” she adds, going on to explain the reasons behind her preferred choice of opponent. “They beat our big sisters in the U-20 final and they beat us 5-2 in a warm-up match for this World Cup. It would be good to set the record straight.”

As I read it was an easy victory for Germany in this match. But hey, they're still the best team evar!!1

22. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Korea-Germany looks a bit like Switzerland-Spain so far.

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Which tournament was this? Switzerland-Spain? :confused:

24. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    The WC this year, SA.