FIFA Soccer 13

Discussion in 'Games' started by soccersubjectively, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that is just your game. Better to get a new one. I did that with FIFA 11 after the first one I brought failed on me in one day.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention that all the players names are messed up as well. Like the names aren't real at all. They are the names you'd see in PES. Really pisses me off when I try to adjust line-ups cause I don't know who is who.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand PK's in this game. It says to go until the green goes away or something, but that doesn't help me much. I could put the bar in the same spot every time and one shot will be fine and the next will be skied.

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    It's about how long you move the stick in a certain direction. Try the tutorial and you'll see.

TIP: When facing PKs against human players, just keep your goalie in the middle - or ever so slightly to the left and I promise you'll save 25-30% of penalties. A large percentage of people just go right down the middle.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm division 1 on the 360 my ea name is ltownmusic if anyone wants to play a friendly just hit me up.

7. soccerfreak88

soccerfreak88 Member

Aug 11, 2004
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here man.
    Haven't been able to play online much at all.
    My career mode freezes but music still plays and backgrounds running fine... I have to go to my xbox hub page.

I wiped out my whole xbox to factory settings and this still happens.

8. Copes

Copes Member

Aug 30, 2012
    St. John's, Newfoundland
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any tips on Career Mode pickups for MLS Squads? I'm in my first transfer window right now (as Montreal) and need a striker to replace Di Vaio (retiring next season) as well as a defender (my defence is getting chirped by management and fans). The struggle is my very low transfer budget (under $1,000,000). I'm tying to ditch some of my lower calibre but more expensive players (Arnaud, Mapp) but what I struggle with is finding strong and affordable players. Any gems any of you have come across? Whwat did you pay for them?

Stogey23 repped this.
  9. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    just got the game! Didn´t know all the Conmebol NT´s were in the game!

IvanIV repped this.
  10. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I haven't played career mode with lower leagues, but I have found a lot of success offering players as exchange. You don't use your transfer budget and you can eliminate dead weight (and high salaries so you can adjust your transfer budget). You might want to do that with DiVaio on day 1 and find some young talent for him.

11. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spent the better part of the morning playing with my kids and some of our friends online. he he he... tons of fun. we beat Barcelona with Scunthorpe United.

12. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, you have passed level one... now go back on.... go to club transfers and place all the worst goalkeepers on your team and then play against Spain on legendary. DONT USE SPRINT OR SKILLS. That is a challenge. I did it but it was 1-0. Got 2 red cards.

IvanIV and soccersubjectively repped this.
  13. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha ha... ok.

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone have any tips on defending??? I CANNOT for the life of me defend!

It's killing my attack too, because I in FIFA 12 could start counter's based on just defense, and my specialty would be attacking! I am crappy at this game and it's killing me!! :p Any tips on how to get better at defending?

I see online tips on using just X to defend (PS3) and the L2 (for me R2) trigger for teammates to come and help. Any tips on how to use this more effectively?

15. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to know when to step to take the ball. Be patient at first then look for their predictive or large touch that allows you to take the ball off their foot. Calling another teammate will force them one way that allows you to close down on them but doesn't guarantee you will get the ball. Also be aware of who you're defending with. Tackling with a a strong defender or a weak midfield is a huge difference.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I don't know why I got this game, I really don't. After six months of customer support I finally was able to create my Copa America dream tournament, so I start playing and I get the green/blue glitch kit for every single liscenced team in the tournament. Often that means both teams will even have it. WTF??! How do I get rid of these uniforms. I looked it up online for a fix and it's mostly ppl from FIFA 12 trying to MAKE it happen. I wanna get rid of it! Damn.

I'm about a week away from selling this game. I'm sick and I'm tired of all these damn glitches, one after the other and I paid for the privilege of being screwed over by this buggy Creation Center. EA did give me alot of free stuff bc of the months that we spent troubleshooting the original issue, but my CC subscription runs out in a month and I'm not sure it's worth renewing and that will annoy me enough to want to be done with the game altogether.

18. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    OMG, that was so special!

19. agrippa_x

agrippa_x Member

Jul 2, 2002
    salt lake city
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i really liked 11 but gave up on 12 months ago. just the thought of putting it into the console was stressful so i just stopped playing altogether. with some trepidation i bought 13.
    i don't have the kind of free time to play for hours on end and have only logged a few matches but so far i like almost everything. i guess my biggest complaint is the ease with which even mediocre teams can score. all of my matches have ended in draws so far, usually when i have the lead. they always come back.

20. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I figured out recently that I had my tv's screen format too far zoomed in or something so I couldn't see the bottom of the box. all I could see was the players name and the power meter, not the meter underneath where you try to get the white line into the green area. I just thought it was a different type of penalty format now, but it's the same as it's been.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone else use MLS teams on teh 'seasons' part of the game? I've found that I am a BEAST with Seattle. I've used them to go from division 7 to 4. Beating the snot out of most players. Only losing like a couple of times.

22. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I've been getting a little bored with Ultimate Team, and I've been playing Seasons now a little. My "go to" team has been Belgium. They are 4.5 stars, so you avoid having to face the Real Madrids/Man Citys of the world. Most often I'm facing someone like Tottenham.

Anyhow, getting pretty good with them. I had the "invisible ball" thing happen to me twice. I won 3-0 and 2-0 without seeing the ball at all! The opponent confirmed via messaging that the ball was view-able for him. I'm something like 27-4-6 in Seasons play and I recently promoted to Division 6.

23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Have had the game since black Friday and it is pretty good.

Still way too many online players who just sit back and let the computer play defense only to kick the ball up to their strikers for a goal on one or two shots and almost no possession.

Makes for lousy, ugly football. Anti-futbol bunker players should be banned.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I really hate a lot of online players. I had a guy just play long balls and have his strikers sprint onto them. He just tried to out sprint my team. I use the Czech Republic and I play passing soccer so I really hate it when people try to burn me on pace. Luckily my defense is pretty quick though.

25. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing I hate is the defense in this game. I only just got it but when ever I play CPU or online and I control the defender the other team will just do 1-2 passes and boom, he is free on goal. Also some of the goals are freaky. The opposition did a sideways scorpion kick for gods sake!