FIFA Soccer 13

Discussion in 'Games' started by soccersubjectively, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Gio D Santos 17

Gio D Santos 17 Member+

Nov 1, 2010
    Electric Avenue
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    really hard to see it the video goes quick so I can't really tell the stars

but 62 atk 55 mid 59 def

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madden 13 has online career mode and NHL13 has online co-op career, does anyone know if FIFA13 will have both or either of these options?

3. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not seeing a huge improvement in game play in the demo compared with the last FIFA game that I bought (FIFA 11). I don't get involved with online leagues or manager aspects of the game. I mostly play for the online head to head competition, which rocked in the 2011 version , and continues to do so. Is there any real reason to plunk down $60 on the 2013 version aside from updated rosters/kits?

5. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did a complete overhaul of the online head to head competition, making the online game-play much more enjoyable.

6. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any US Xbox players feel free to add me. GT speculum fight

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a few Gamestops around my area having midnight releases, anyone else in the US have some midnight releases near them?

Also wish I knew how the 2nd cover athletes are chosen. I find it funny/odd that there will be no one with an MLS jersey on the North American cover but there will be one for Australia's.

8. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry to ask this and look like a neophyte,but I either play online head to head or offline leagues. Can someone give me a primer on this online league competition? What is it called and what is it about? Is there a fee like there is for ultimate team? For that matter, can someone give me a primer on the ultimate team?

9. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or I could just read about it online. But anyone who is experienced with online leagues please give me your feedback.

10. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-europe-1st-season/

That’s right folks in FIFA 13′s Career Mode your club can now take part in 1st season European football.
    This is the bit EA asked us to hold back due to a few niggling issues but now we can tell you exactly how it works…
    • In the Career Mode setup menu you can now select “Europe 1st Season”
    • This takes you through to the cup draw which at first is populated with random teams.
    • You then get the option to draw again from “seeded teams” which will give you a tournament setup closer to the real deal.
    • After that you can also manually swap teams with others from the same league if you wish.
    It may sound like a small thing but for Career Modes realism and that all important first impression it’s a massive hurdle that EA have managed to overcome this year and one which the community have asked for since the mode was re-launched with FIFA 10. It’s also important to note that Career Mode’s European football is not licensed officially.
    Here’s the part of our interview with Lead Producer Santiago Jaramillo that we also cut at EA’s request, where he explains Career Modes Europe 1st Season options in a little more detail. Have a listen then hit the comments.
    Click the link for the audio. Worth a listen.

11. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    EA took a break from their Eurocentricity and includes MLS and Liga MX in their new Matchday Live Fixtures thing.

Players in and out of form, injuries, details regarding where a team is in the league and their last results and last meetings are all talked about by Martin Tyler and company.

This is supposed to be tonight's Seattle vs San Jose match. I've gotta say, this is very impressive

12. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USMNT is 4 stars.

& Mexico is 4 stars.

14. chriso11

chriso11 Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If anyone has the demo of Fifa 13, Is it any good? Or is it like Fifa 12? Because it looks more complexed then Fifa 12.

From what I have seen here.. It is more physical then Fifa 12

15. Ewan

Ewan New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Scotland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Loving the demo :)

16. zanedtlab

zanedtlab New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    here's a look at some of the celebrations
    FIFA Celebrations
    got the Balotelli flex, the Ronaldo "look at how yoked my leg is", and my personal favorite the Rambo at 0:40

17. oxladechamb15

oxladechamb15 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Lincoln
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    isn't 'Why Always Me?' In the list? does he show a top underneath?

18. zanedtlab

zanedtlab New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    its definitely in the list just haven't seen any game clips of it yet, can't wait to see it

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gio2saints is a 74, Peralta is a 76, and Donovan is an 82........thats good for a laugh. Two won Olympic gold, among other things and the other one hasn´t won crap.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In stores today. :)

-G

21. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    remember that EA is an american developer.

22. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    American publisher, Canadian developers

23. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because that is iron clad reasoning.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  24. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    the point is that their market is mainly the US, so they need to appeal to the fanbase, most casual (FIFA) soccer american fans probably believe that Dempsey and Donovan are as good as Xavi and Iniesta

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really liking this year's game so far, not the least of which is because of the new physics engine EA has put into its latest crop of sports games this year (FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13, NHL 13, likely into the upcoming NBA Live 13, etc.) which has the players and the ball moving more realistically, not to mention that the other players seem better at getting into plays on their own.

A word of warning, though: even after updating the rosters through Customise FIFA ---> Edit Teams ---> Change Squads/Rosters --->Download Updates, don't forget to then enter Team Management (from that same menu) and check to see if you need to correct your team's starting lineup, formation, player roles, etc.

All in all, I can't wait to play the game again soon. :)

-G