FIFA Soccer 13

Discussion in 'Games' started by soccersubjectively, Apr 28, 2012.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i got the preorder. it looks almost identical to fifa 13 :(, but who am i kidding i am getting it :s

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Me too, if that wasn't clear. I love the FUT, playing the market and building teams. Should be able to make a pretty damn good MLS team now too.

3. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i honestly can't get into FUT at all. It really bugs me that people splash all this cash on buying cards and build these teams that I can't beat when I'm clearly the better gamer. Also the fact that you have to identically replicate a national team or a club to get the chemistry high enough and make your players move like they don't have sticks up their butt... :(

I tried to build a premier league team, an all usa/mls team, and an israeli team and somehow i cant get chemistry past 85... Not crazy about having to constantly get contract cards and each player has a preferred formation. I dunno, it kills the chances of you building a true dream team since most of those players wouldn't have connections with eachother. Perhaps why not try a way that the more the players play with eachother on your team they slowly build chemistry? Would be like real life

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I know chemistry is a little different this year, but right now if you build a team from all the same league you are guaranteed to have 99 chem.

And I've played DI FUT games and won with my bronze MLS team (some time bringing Benzia off the bench), so it's not really about the teams but the player. I know this because I've faced several players that it doesn't matter what teams we have there is no way I'm beating them.

FUT is all about trading for more money. I hardly ever buy any packs, as you get 20 with the preorder, almost all my money was from trading. I got up to around 1.5mil before Christmas and basically stopped there.

Actually just sold all my gold players on open auction a couple days ago and I was surprised that I got 1.2mil for all of them. I bought Messi and have been messi-ing around since then :)

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, no clue how you get so much money. perhaps i should start selling mine.

My Prem Squad is 100% Prem league players, don't know why they are only 80 chem???? I have Lampard as a CDM even though he is classified as a CAM though and a few of them aren't prefered to 4-2-3-1, thats prob it?

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    That's it, they all have to be whatever formation you have chosen. Just buy formation cards and change them OR sell those players and buy the ones with the correct formation.

Oh, and get Ramires as CDM instead of Lampard. :)

7. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I had two teams, Brazil and EPL. Brazil had Neymar, Thiago Silva, IF Luiz, Alves, etc. EPL had Aguero, IF Kosc, IF Cazorla, etc.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am getting fifa 14. Is the Sports Ticket worth it? I was contemplating getting it.

9. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I think so. You get early access to almost all the games, and 20% off of purchases. There's other benefits as well, not sure what they are.

Mine expires in October though, when I will already have had the early access. So not sure if I will renew at that point.

10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's only 20% of in game content, not the actual game. i guess if you spend a lot of money in the game its worth it but i refuse to pay anymore after shelling out $60 already

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Real Madrid team in FIFA 14 will be soooo BEAST! Can't wait to play it. Just the thought of playing the team is mouth watering, CR7, Isco, Mesut, Bale, Modric, Benz, Varane, Ramos, Iker, Marcelo. It's like a dream team. Love it! I know Varane and Isco will definitely be massive in it thanks to their potential in manager mode, but I'm interested in how Illarra will turn out.

12. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm considering getting the PC version of Fifa 14. For those with 13 on the PC, are there mods that significantly made it better? How does it compare to the console.

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't speak about 13 but i played 12 and 11 and they really don't cut it. i say buy a cheap used ps3 or xbox 360 and get that version if you are that into fifa

14. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well according to EA Barca should dominate due to all these new "developments" that we can't see if they exist o_O apparently players like messi will be very good at dribbling and their strengths will shine through over flaws of their size. of course Ea has said this over and over again in all the previous versions....

why do i feel that EA just has a giant party every year laughing at all the people that buy the repackaged version of last year? :(

15. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does FUT carry over to FIFA 14 or do you have to start with new cards? what happens to guys that were transferred?

16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    #341 Stogey23, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    New cards. All player transfers will be updated.

Early access starts Sept 15th. So there will be 5 days of just trading before the early access to the game happens (Sept 20 I believe).

Those 5 days were pretty critical for me last year, I think I mostly traded MLS players.

17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we lose all the cards we have now?

Is the trick to sell off all your cards now and have a pile of cash or do you start from 0 coins as well? o_O

18. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Nothing carries over, but you should get some free packs as a "loyalty bonus". I guess this is determined by how long you have been playing FUT.

I only started with FIFA 12, and I remember being pleased with the amount of free packs I got.

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i started on 09 but barely ever played FUT, dont remember many free packs other than the preorder promotion last year

BTW, do you play on PS3 or XBOX? I have been wanting to start some sort of league for FIFA 14 but dont know enough people on ps3

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    XBOX

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, i need to get an xbox one next time around. everyone in the states is xbox

22. Ei Tee

Ei Tee New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    i still prefer my EA FIFA world cup game over these regular ones

23. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    [​IMG]

Goodsport repped this.
  24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my favorite SNL characters of all time! :D

-G

25. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm in. Just pre-ordered the game. Have season ticket so I will be playing it on the 20th.

Already active in the FUT market.

Sounders74 on XBOX