FIFA Soccer 13

Discussion in 'Games' started by soccersubjectively, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am aware you can still win against it. Not too long ago I won 3 div 1 titles in row without even dropping a point. I normally encounter scripting the most whenever I do the gold cup and occasionally in UT seasons. That incident way I experienced just pissed me off way too much to ignore. It was like EA tried to make it obvious they were helping out the other guy.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't believe it exists until someone from EA sports leaks that it exists. With the way social media is today I doubt a secret like that can be kept easily.

Anyway, the thing I hate the most are what I call rugby style bully ballers. They take advantage of quirks in the game, play defensively with a 5 man back line, have less than 30 % of possesion, steal the ball right in front of your GK with some hard tackle (that magically is not a foul) and score some garbage goal easily.

If any of you play like this go punch yourself in the nose right now.

*Edit - and the players usually use a team like Barca and Real Madrid to execute this wonderful style of play. :rolleyes:

3. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Scripting doesn't exist. What really exists is "momentum" and it has been leaked

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can you explain?

5. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    An employee from EA leaked a "match intensity" chart that determines the speed of the game and likely hood of defensive error depending on who scores and at what time they score. Which is why the gameplay seem very open and hard to defend against when the other person has "momentum" and why all the bounces seem to be going to him...stuff like that

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That is so stupid. Why can't they just make the game fair and let the better player win?

soccersubjectively repped this.
  7. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The clearest evidence of something being not quite right is how many times i score right after my opponent does or how often i score immediately after the half when down by a goal. I'm sure there is some underlying boost to pace and acceleration as well as ball control over those first few minutes in those scenarios I am not a huge fan of that and how often someone scores just before half time. I'm not sure what to call it but it just diminishes the game a bit.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well can someone explain this to me? I had just over 200k in coins on UT when I was playing this morning, but then when I logged on tonight, I only had 70k. I did not purchase anyone and it does not look like I was hacked. I went through all my recent purchases, sales, etc and there was nothing strange. Where did over 130k of my coins go?

9. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must be the exchange rate changed. The dollar was pretty weak yesterday against sterling.

10. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think FIFA 14 needs to have more realistic kits. All the kits since since FIFA 08 and up look like Adidas template shirts with long tube sleeves.

11. NOLA

NOLA Member

Jan 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a random question and maybe it has been answered before. Do people normally experience an excessive amount of lag when they play any online play? Every now and then I'll get a game where there is no delay between my controller command and the actual game play. But most of the time it's always slightly off. Sometime worse than other times.

Is it my connection or is this something that FIFA is known for?

12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me it's rare that I have a smooth connection. Most times I have a lag. I think it's a combination of playing over a Wifi and the server use being pretty heavy.

13. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just play career, took international job. middle of EURO start new season. don't finish EURO...wtf

14. hburton28

hburton28 New Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    I tend to stick to career mode and friendlies these days as I don't have a great connection. Here's episode 10 of my you pick I play series

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]

Fifa why

UnionFreak1 and TigersOfAsia repped this.
  16. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the laugh.
    & I'll probably trade in FIFA once EA starts up the new Ultimate Team.

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Been playing a lot of Seasons lately, as I dropped my interest in FUT after building great teams months ago. Might start trading again, who knows.

Finally made it to Div 1 in Seasons, by winning Div 2 for the first time. Played almost exclusively with the Sounders, which is a great 3 star team. You mostly play against top MFL teams, although I did get crushed by Real Madrid Castilla once.

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I do like seasons but I never can use my favorite teams Czech or Aston Villa because I always get paired against 5 star clubs/nations. It seems I constantly play Brazil when I use Czech and I constantly play Real Madrid when I use Villa. No matter how good I am with those teams, one ridiculous shot from Ronaldo or Neymar will always change the game.

19. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Aren't Czech and Aston Villa both 4 star? You shouldn't be facing 5 star teams.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yes they are both 4 stars and I know that this shouldn't be happening but it always does. It has forced me to use 5 star teams that I really don't care about just to play seasons.

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on a roll, 30 game winning streak, and I played some numb nuts last night and lost 1-0. As Brazil i had 18 shots on goal and he had 2 shots on goal. I had 68% possession and 30 shots, to his 3 shots. I hit the cross bar or post 8 times. I had a easy open header 2 feet from goal and somehow my defender heads it out to almost a throw in... yea this game is scripted. EA owes me a new controller

ttrevett repped this.
  22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to make a rubber controller for just such circumstances. I can't tell you how many times I've been scored on in the 96th minute after dominating a team and only being able to score one, then giving up the equalizer after the ref refuses to blow the whistle in the 97th minute! Im lucky I have a soft cushiony couch right in my line of fire, saved umpteen number of controllers from almost certain death!

23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, i'm actually waiting for ups to deliver my new controller right now :(

24. hburton28

hburton28 New Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    If you could sign that goalie, I'd play him up front and play long ball up to him, his strength must be off the scale!

Anyway here's episode 11 of my you pick I play series

25. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    So who is getting FIFA 14? Just saw the FUT app will be available early on Sept 15th.

Also, whether you are buying the new game or not, you can download it early on the 20th if you have the EA Sports Ticket.