FIFA vs. PES

Discussion in 'Games' started by El-CapitanoR7, Sep 13, 2012.

1. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was a PES fan first, FIFA of old used to be sprint battles, whereas PES of old was a true simulation. I've been a FIFA player for the past few years, I did pick up PES this year -- both good games, however, I just can't handle PES's graphics and animations at this point. It hurts. FIFA is silly in terms of AI, etc, however, the game changes dramatically if you play it on manual. If you play FIFA, play on manual. When PES can get it's animation engine right, I'll move back ....

2. Wytefang

Wytefang Member

May 11, 2013
    Bah, I see no real huge differences. I'll go with better, more realistic soccer play every time over shiny graphics.

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well the animation for PES 2014 looks awesome. Before PES13, Fifa was winning but since that game the tables turned once again.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    When does the demo for PES 2014 come out?

5. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/21/pro-evolution-soccer-2014-hits-uk-a-week-ahead-of-fifa-14/

looks like in just a couple weeks

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  6. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I started as a PES guy, way back in the Winning Eleven days.

However, I switched to FIFA a couple years ago and haven't looked back. I played the PES 2014 demo and it felt very very odd.

I question how long PES can keep up going forward. FIFA undoubtedly has more resources, and they have struck a goldmine with Ultimate Team.

8. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Supposedly this is the year when PES strikes back. Winning Eleven was by far a better game at the time, but lack of game modes really hurts it. The last PES felt really clunky.

I think both demo's are out today.

9. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    It felt very clunky (the new one), and the animations were pretty bad.

10. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that stinks. i'll give it a spin.

I hope they push FIFA again one day soon.

11. Ei Tee

Ei Tee New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    in Japan, everyone prefers PES, but you don't get as many teams.

12. FreedomSlave

FreedomSlave New Member

Sep 27, 2013
    All I know is this sold me on PES 2014. I'll grab FIFA later.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Online gameplay is superior on FIFA.

IT seems like everyone online plays the same way on PES. They pick Barca or Real MAdrid, Kick the ball as far as they can to Messi or Ronaldo and have those players out run your defense and score.

IT gets boring. Lobbing the ball, lobbing the ball , lobbing the ball.
    No methodical passing, no build up, no rhythm. Just Defense and booting it forward.

14. deoblin

deoblin New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    I really like to play the fifa soccer game. Actually i never play the pes game. And the fifa soccer is much more popular then pes. Game-play of fifa is more challenging then pes.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought PES for my kid for christmas. We play FIFA a lot already. Hands down no question, FIFA by EA is better.

16. airbornerocks

airbornerocks Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hands down no question, PES 13 is the better. I've probably put 600+ hours on both games so I can properly say. PES13 is a football simulation, the best game I've ever played when it comes to football, everything was perfect. FIFA13 is the perfect arcade simulation of football. My main problem is fifa 90 minute and 80 minute scripting, no scripting in PES 13.

But PES 14. Lol. PES 14 is the worst game in all of football ever made. Never play it.

17. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I agree with PES 13, awesome game. I have PES 14 and it has been getting better slowly, although not close to enough. I have never ever played FIFA but now I got into FIFA World, and although the gameplay is not on par with PES the overrall game is really fun. If PES 13 had a single player, or ultimate team mode it would be the best game ever.

18. PS008

PS008 Red Card

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Love this!

19. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Which one do you like better? Been playing a ton of PES 2013 on the 3DS and 2014 on the xBox 360.

20. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    #70 baseballbert, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    PES 2013 on the 3DS is pretty fun (picked it up based on reviews). Haven't played FIFA on it yet so can't compare.

Just picked up PES 2014 and FIFA 10 World Cup on the Xbox 360. Both franchises seem to be pretty solid.

I usually play baseball, Madden and hockey on the console and I'm not too familiar with soccer in terms of leagues, teams or players.

21. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PES

Fifa 2014 WC is absolute garbage!

22. Bail_07

Bail_07 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since I've played them all since 1994

BEST GAME
    1994 - FIFA International (SNES)
    1995 - FIFA '95 (SNES)
    1996 - FIFA '96 (SNES)
    1997 - ISS PRO (PS1)
    1998 - DRAW
    1999 - ISS Pro Evolution
    2000 - ISS Pro Evolution
    2001 - ISS Pro Evolution 2
    2002 - PES
    2003 - PES 2
    2004 - PES 3
    2005 - PES 4
    2006 - PES 5
    2007 - PES 6
    2008 - draw
    2009 - draw
    2010 - FIFA '10
    2011 - FIFA '11
    2012 - FIFA '12
    2013 - FIFA '13
    2014 - draw (maybe PES '14 edges it, but both flawed games)

Until 1999, best game and most addictive soccer game ever was Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga. PES 5 was the best Konami game, that was when the series reached it's peak. Ever since then, they went downhill until a couple of years ago. EA's peak was it's very first FIFA International, FIFA '98 on the PS1, and FIFA '13.

Best game of them all is PES 5 in my opinion.

24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think PES 6 was the best imo, awesome game and the online multiplayer worked flawlessly, even back then. Its a shame that in the 2014 version has crappy multiplayer.

25. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well yes. Both PES 5 and PES 6 are very close. I suppose PES began to go downhill after PES 6. But I just remember back then everyone was raving about PES 5. I even remember the Official Playstation Magazine which had the first five pages dedicated to the 10/10 game. There was just so much hype around it in Europe. When PES 6 was released it was just a faster version of PES 5, but addictive none-the-less. Some say PES 6 was more tweaked while others said it was more "arcade". I suppose it just comes down to opinion with those two games.

Yañez repped this.