FIFA Soccer 12

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Jul 9, 2011.

1. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to the semis twice with the USMNT. I didn't get WC2010 till April of 2011, so I missed the boat on having thousands of people play. But the achievement for winning the online cup with a 1 star team is a bit ridiculous.

2. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The 1 star team achievement is probably something to tease the hardcore good players out there LOL, sucks for them. What sucked playing with El Salvador was getting pass the group stages and then loosing, the first 3 games took so much time, regardless I did make it to the finals but always ended up chocking. My hand would tremble and start sweating as the 90th minute lurked around the corner. I would either loose by allot or they would pull a miraculous come from behind win, L0L. Looking forward to playing FIFA 12 and not having my national team there as a tease. Should be fun Picking Manchester United and kicking some but.

>UNO<

3. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    But my internet is so slow.
    I'll just try it at my friends house.

4. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know how u feel.

5. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against the computer at beginner and intermediate levels, LT (xbox) is valuable against the computer. Players will haphazardly run out of play only because you're strafing them well enough. This though, probably won't work against real players on internet.

I don't like how you can't run angles on the ball. If you get close enough to an open ball, it then auto runs for you and you can't get the player off of it. I also don't like the auto switch..it's valuable, but it switches to a player closer even though you're trying to cut off the oppositions angle.

It has upsides, which are mostly in the look...but a lot of the mechanics need some work.

6. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take into consideration these demo teams are pretty good. Most of the time you won't be playing the best teams constantly, specially if you start in a lower division.

7. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is my biggest complaint. AS never seems to choose a player I want to control. I also wish It wasn't so subtle with the auto switch because I don't realize I'm controlling someone else.(Getting used to it though)

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOuegK-6Gw]FIFA Soccer 12 Matchups: Steve Nash vs. Hope Solo[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe1EPpgw81k]FIFA Soccer 12 Matchups: Tim Lincecum vs. Landon Donovan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7aQa-U0Qk]FIFA Soccer 12 -- United States of FIFA (long)[/ame]

9. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i am so used to pressing and holding X for defending and taking the ball

right now i say, the defending is horribly hard, pressing and holding X does not make your player try and tackle the ball

i have to keep running to the side and press Square which even isn't that safe

and the AI is such a pain in the ASS, i can see that EA is trying to make challenge but damn defending on FIFA12 is ASS

i got owned even in World Class, and to think i can beat a legendary level AI on Fifa 11 by 6-0

anyway

just some funny BUG from the Engine, still cant stop laughing no matter how many times i watch this haha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAR6I_T-uVc"]FIFA 12 (demo) impact engine fail ?ompilation - YouTube[/ame]

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    That's what is great about defending now. It takes skill, as opposed to just button mashing.

11. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If it ain't broke don't fix it I say , to be honest I am not impressed with the demo, they should have worked on some more "organic" gameplay. To me it still feels boxy and scripted, rigid if you will. Fifa 2010 was on the right tracks, then 2011 was okay but a bit stiff, this demo just does not play naturally, I am all for challenge, but not when the "natural" feel of a game is taken away ..... :(

12. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I agree it does feel scripted but the defending is way better and just takes time getting used to. I went from frustrated to impressed. Don't like that the CPU AI doesn't help much if at all, but it's better than last year's homing missile defending.

13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this in the Union FIFA thread, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here. In controller settings, you can change your defending from TACTICAL DEFENDING to LEGACY DEFENDING. It uses the same defending style/controls from FIFA 11. Although, I feel its harder to score. But that may be due to the World Class difficulty. But try it out.

14. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    yeah i found it out 2 days ago that you can switch to Legacy

i was thinking of letting Fifa12 go and get myself PES12, but now that you can use the old style defending, im on!

i know the challenge with the tactical, but i just feel comfortable with the old style defending,

after all, you play game to have fun not to frustrate, and i get frustrated when it's the tactical defending :D

15. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Frustration turns into fascination once you've put time into mastering it and are able to come away with well-timed tackles that leaves your attacker eating grass and your team going the other way.

The homing missile-style defending is just crap, IMO.

16. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played the demo last night. I'm ok with the defending changes, but the feel of the game -passing, movement, etc- is just off for me. I may be switching to PES this year.

17. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can switch back to the old style defending because people will flip when they all of a sudden suck at the game. It's called transition.

Don't expect it to be switchable in the next year or two.

18. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The new defending is more effective once you get it down.
    Overall the game feel a lot better. It's more entertaining to play as well.

19. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    It won't be switchable online this year, though, so those players will still suck.

20. pwk1868

pwk1868 Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Chicago
    Anyone do the EA early release where you get to download the full game like 4 days in advance? The full game is good, I like it. It's nice being able to have a bigger selection of teams, and I do like the online club mode this year also. Haven't noticed the button lag issue that was in the game last year, but I only played like 3 club games. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. I'll try and answer them if I get the chance.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    well i got fifa today and have been playing for a while, its finally starting to grow on me. didnt really like it at first but the more i play the better it gets. i still think PES is better this year though, but until i try the full version of PES i wont make any judgements. career mode is improved in fifa this year as well which is a plus.

22. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Yeah, the game dropped today for some people who had the pass. I envy them.

23. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Some videos from the lucky (who got the game yesterday morning ;) )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CJsE8N7Rsk"]FIFA 12 - Vancouver vs Seattle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDw266-rC4"]FIFA 12 - Alajuelense vs LA Galaxy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thfomvJIDQ"]FIFA 12 - Comunicaciones vs Seattle - YouTube[/ame]

24. lyunmetrb88

lyunmetrb88 New Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why are communicaciones and alajuelense in Fifa 12? Did EA include the concacaf champions league? There's much better clubs from other parts of the world that deserve to be in there. I've been waiting to see my team Liga de Quito in Fifa but no luck. Guess I'll buy PES 2012 for copa libertadores and buy Fifa 12 on black friday for $35. WC2010 is still fun.

25. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hey guys. :) Just wondering, is there any sort of "Be a POro" mode this year? All the videos on the Career Mode seem to be about being manager (or at least the videos I found). Just wondering, and thanks in advance. ;)