FIFA Soccer 12

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Jul 9, 2011.

1. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, really impressed with the demo so far.

2. Headcase

Headcase New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, they really changed things this time.

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demo should be done downloading ... heading off to check it out.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am hyped to get home from work and try this out tonight.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats if dont play manual. i always play manual and its the more realistic game. much better than PES. but i am disappointed in FIFA 12 cause defenders are on steroids and its very unrealistic, plus not much has changed. EA and their laziness...

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no they didnt. same game as last year

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might take some time to get used to the new jockeying/tackling dynamics.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess PS3 wont be getting the demo, retarded

9. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    :rolleyes:

I know not everyone is up to date on things, but would it kill you to read this thread in its entirety or do a quick google search? Demo comes out in North America from 5-9pm today eastern on the PS3.

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Don't necessarily agree with the above statements, but I am gathering some negative reviews overall.

The game is smooth, control is nice, fullbacks actually overlap on their own, and graphics are a beauty. But still, something is missing. In the four matches I played against my close friend, I scored four goals and three were from the forwards (still not enough variability in goal scorers, but my sample pool is still small). Hard to pinpoint the defending, as I'm having to un-train myself from trying to pressure immediately.

It's not a bad soccer game, but changes are subtle so far.

11. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Keep me posted please, I was a bit let down by Fifa 11 and would love to know if konami's game is worthy !!??

12. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF you can't afford $60 a year, maybe you should reconsider owning an XBOX. Also, why don't you just create a new account. Just make a fake email, and sign up for silver, and you get a free month of gold.

13. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Hearing the Xbox 360 demo for PES2012 dropped in North America today. It hits PS store tomorrow.

I'll play some more games of FIFA (whether it's against the CPU or friend is unknown) and then post some more impressions before I hit the hay.

14. pwk1868

pwk1868 Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Chicago
    I'm still getting used to the demo, but I do like some improvements. I think the first touches are smoother, as is the passing. The movement of the computer players is improved also, I don't always have to use the LB button to make thep players make a run. I'm still trying to get used to the tackle. It seems like you really need to time it well because they really lunge in and if you do it wrong they will get by you right away. I guess that is more realistic, it's just annoying when it is timed wrong lol.

15. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    That never did that in FIFA11. Figment of your imagination.

16. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Played the PES2012 demo a bit on the Xbox360 past two days, about to play it on PS3.

All I can say is WOW. Game is great. There are a variety of ways that goals are scored and a much more sense of realism. Graphics aren't terrible but it isn't as sharp as FIFA12.

On one play in my Tottenham (me) vs. Bayern game (cpu), one of my shots got deflected by a defender and was destined to roll out for a corner. A savvy goalkeeper, Neuer ran well off his line and saved the ball just before it went out of bounds to avoid conceding a corner.

Also, I began controlling the game and created three chances but all were easily gobbled up. I thought the difficulty was too easy and that I was going to win this one easily.

Then a one-timed Ribery cross found Mario Gomez, who headed over Friedel. And before halftime, things got worse for me as a cross from the right was cleared incorrectly, resulting in my defender nipping the ball and it trickling over the goal line before Friedel could adjust and clear it. I tried in the second half to make a comeback but lost 2-0.

FIFA did have one nice addition that I caught, but it was more of an animation thing than a gameplay thing. During the run of play, I made a tackle on the CPU and the player went down and stayed down. He got up a bit and limped around but then sat back down. The ref stopped play and the player went to the sideline. Play resumed via a dropball and the CPU played a long ball to my keeper to give me possession back. Fair play at its finest.

17. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Also,

PES - Not as pretty, but gameplay is more realistic. Goals are much more varied and will make your jaw drop. In one game I did with me as Inter against Rangers (CPU), Edu sent a long ball out of midfield toward the center forward, who with his back turned to goal at the top of the 18 headed the ball down to an oncoming midfielder that blasted a volley into the back of the net before the ball even hit the ground.

FIFA - Graphics look second to none, defending takes more skill and through balls aren't as easy to execute, which is all good. Licensing, commentary and atmosphere are incredible. Impact engine can be executed perfectly (there are videos of how it looks when perfectly timed), but it does have a few kinks that need to be ironed out and it can be overdone/too much.

18. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this sums up my opinion on FIFA12 and that I have to wait two weeks to get it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks Prime Time , looks like PES will get my money this year. I am looking for a game that is more organic and not as robotic as Fifa still seems to be. I also want a game with more international teams in it. ;)

20. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Yeah, I love that PES has like 80 club teams. But I also love that FIFA has a lot of lesser leagues like MLS, Mexico, Bundesliga 2, Championship, Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

Also, after playing FIFA demo some more, game grew on me once I got the defense down a bit (steep learning curve). It's a good game, but it's just not better than PES2012, IMO.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yes it did

22. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Only on give and goes, but you couldn't just tell a stationary played to run by pressing that button without passing it to him first.

23. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The FIFA game has a real nice feel to it. It's a lot more fun to play that 11, I liked it.

24. pwk1868

pwk1868 Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Chicago
    Oh yeah I should have specified that is what I was talking about the give and goes. Besides that the off the ball runs pretty much never happened. Once in a while a full back would overlap, but it would be really late. I feel that at least in the demo the computer is smarter off the ball. I also like how when you switch the field either in the air or on the ground the ball is played with more pace so the defense isn't always set up right when the ball gets there.

25. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...what? You HAD to use lb in 11 to start an AI run, the AI never made good runs, or timed them right.

And if you're saying that LB doesn't make them start a run, well, you're wrong. Period.