FIFA Soccer 12

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Jul 9, 2011.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I propose to send this controller to hell! Any objections?! "

2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Well I can no longer play career mode games while logged in, but I need my internet hooked up and to be connected to EA in order to load the game. But, I don't know if it's the chants or what, but I've realized that when I'm connected to the internet when playing career mode games the constant freezing will occur. And I can't just log out of Xbox Live to stop it, I have to physically disconnect the ethernet line from my modem. At least I know what's causing it.

3. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Multiplayer - philadelphia union
    campaign - solely due to wanting an epl team to play online with for a change - Wolverhampton Wanderers.

world class difficulty.

The zoning for the AI is terrible and will probably never get fixed... and when attackers actually are advancing - controlled by the AI - will stop when the ball is near them... this is highly annoying on rebounds and such.

Weirdly though, i have some vindication - destroyed arsenal 4-0 and beat Man U 5-2... i'm so confused but i'm taking it. I had to double check the difficulty level.

soccersubjectively and Unak78 repped this.
  4. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I just broke my controller with my bare hands. Yeah my hands are bleeding now. Thanks EA! I really should quit, but it lulls me in by playing normally for just long enough to make me think that it's okay. Then the Champions League Final happens. On paper I have the better squad against Marseille. 9 min in I get a pk and hit it. Ten min later I get awarded another pk which Mandanda blocks. I dominate the rest of the half get a clear break away to goal not a soul nearby and Mandanda saves again. I get another one on one which Mandanda blocks before the half ends.

I also dominate the second half but this time they're a bit better at limiting my shots, but I still had another five shots on goal and another breakaway. In the 87th minute I get one break from the wing again and SKIN THE KEEPER! ...hit the post man... FVCK! In the 88th minute they score on a header during a counterattack. I'm sorry I didn't realize that headers were still a part of this game! Oh and as part of the set up for that goal was the fact that they passed the ball to one of my players who, rather than going to get the ball, awkwardly lunges at it and freezes even when I finally got control of him. I was still closer to the ball than anyone else. I still can't understand how it happened.

59% possession in my favor ans 9 shots on target to 3 for them in the first 90 minutes and we're still tied. That's right Mandanda was credited with 8 saves for the 90 minutes.

Nothing changes in extra time. I get two more breakaway chances bc they've been pushing numbers forward all game. In the second overtime I get the best chance ever on a break from the wing,... CLEAR CHANCE, Mandanda saves, REBOUND FROM THE OTHER WING ON AN OPEN GOAL,... a defender materializes literally out of thin air to block it. WTF!!!!

A minute later they score on a counter on literally their first shot of extra time. I scream in a fit of rage smash the controller between my hands. Parts fly everywhere and I turn off the XBOX. I'll be damned if I lose like that.

E2A: I won when I replayed it 1-0. This time the pk took place early in the 2nd half and I didn't dominate as much as I did the last time, but I was being more cautious and didn't care so much about scoring again. I stayed with my 4-3-3 thoughout though. I feel vindicated somehow. 54% possession 4 shots on target to one for them. 16 tackles to 24 for them; 2 to 1 on fouls and I had a yellow card. The last game I think I had 4 corners, I only had one here but also only one offsides called, I was called multiple times in the last game. Players keep running back and forth endlessly in the box.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was my favorite part. I think I have three header goals all time in this game from the run of play.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Really? I score tons of headers. I signed Libor Kozak from Lazio who is 6'4" for Aston Villa. I have Bent up top with him and have Albrighton and N'Zogbia on the wings crossing it in. Haha 32 games in Kozak has 38 goals probably half from headers. Having two good crossers and a tall striker makes it easy.

7. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    It shouldn't be as hard as it is. Lots of teams score on headers without 6'4" strikers. I finally did get some headway (see what I did there) when I signed Erjon Bogdani (6'3") for 2 seasons but he was also old and slow and didn't warrant enough benefit outside of getting a few headed goals on teams that were bunkering to warrant including him among the substitutes when I had three other young strikers that were all better than he was. But you would think that my center mid and centerbacks could find a header every now and then and they always sky it. And my center mid is Daniele De Rossi.

8. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more I play this game the more I want to shoot myself. The goalie thing is just infuriating. Nothing worse than losing a game when the opposition heads the ball in at a speed of approximately .00005/mph and the keeper dives the opposite way and lays there as it ssssllllloooowwwwwllllyyyyyy rolls in. *Rage mode*. Also, the fouls are terrible. Pretty much every game ends up with 6-7 fouls on me and 0 on the other team. I get called for EVERYTHING, yet-I've had 5 guys get their ankle broken in the box this season and 0 have been called. NOTHING gets called for me. It's lame to complain about video game officiating, but it's so frustrating. The last part of this rant being, any keeper you play ends up becoming THE GOD OF ALL KEEPERS and blocks any and all shots from you, but the other team can pretty much score any time they want. Regardless of defense or keeper. I hate this game so much.

unholyunion repped this.
  9. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Trying to create a new tournament on Creation Center and I keep getting this when I try to save it:

An error was encountered while saving, please try again later

This seems like an EA problem but I still see new teams/tournys being created.

10. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

The lower the star rating the more mistakes the game makes for sure. Off the ball movement is definitely a problem. I wish there was a coaching mode to be like "Don't do this, do this..."

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    your probably just not very good man.

soccersubjectively and MilesW repped this.
  12. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, i'm not going to say i'm great but i'm alright. Just a frustrating game.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea it can be , its honestly the best video game I've ever played but still the occurrences you mention are valid to a certain extent especially in online play. A lot of people think the games scripted which I don't have an opinion on since i'm not a tech geek. Having played in Division 1 pretty much since I got the game , I've seen some odd things particularly when at times its impossible to win a tackle even if you time it perfectly. Maybe a built in momentum feature? Still a great game though. If you want some frustration play legendary mode in career , I enjoy it but so crazy at times.

14. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a question - how often do you use quick tactics and do you create your own - ala if you hit the D-Pad options for the offside trap, switch wings, etc come up. How much does this help in controlling the AI players on your team (which is where many have issues with). Also, do you switch to your goalie in some situations by hitting select - ala the dreadded "Ball is only 1 foot away but he still makes a slow as hell dive for it and misses it by a long shot" goal.

15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok I usually use the built in tactics sometimes I use the quick tactics for press or if I'm playing with a team like chile I'll use custom formation and tactics. D pad options aren't really useful to me never use offside trap just not worth the risk unless your pressing like crazy. Never switch your goalie I actually like the goalies this year in Fifa especially online Don't take that risk. People suck with chipping so don't be afraid to bring the goalie out. Triangle and Y can speed up the goalie getting to lose balls. AI can be a problem I call for a lot of double teams then use the defender whos farthest from the player with the ball to either pounce in for a tackle or read a pass. Don't be afraid to use a midfielder off the ball and call for double teams you'd be surprised how much you can effect your opponents passing and lead to easy counter attacks. I use teams from brazil most of the time and three formations i love are the 4-1-2-1-2 and the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-3-2-1. Thats all i'll use.

16. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question: I haven't had my xbox connected to Live for some time now (6 months at least). I just got it connected and noticed there's some sort of power meter in the lower right corner in career mode (at least). I began a new career and see that the meter is increasing as my season progresses and as I pile up wins. I also notice that tackling is more realistic, through balls actually come off now and again, and that I can win a header or two from time to time, amonst other things.

This additional dose of realism can only mean that the difficulty level has dropped.

Is this meter an XBOX Live version of the difficulty (Amateur, Semi Pro, Pro, World Class, Legend) level of the game and now I've got to graduate to the level I was playing at before? Any other significance to it?

17. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) The meter on your left is your profile experience. When you start off fifa and it connects to your profile you will notice an announcement bar to the right that pops up saying "Started playing fifa, 10 xp". For each win, season completion, online game played, etc etc (and achievement) this will occur and add to your xp. Playing the EAS Challenges will also do this (hit Y to bring up those menus, which has a lot of random things that aren't necessary).

2) The through balls and tackles and so forth are probably just the patches that were worked on with the games that you missed for 6 months... so, that's a lot.

SeaOtter repped this.
  18. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding 1) The meter that I'm speaking about is in the lower right (XBOX 360). It denotes the player's (my) level, in this case Level 3 since I'm just starting playing again and then the meter reads some portion of 1000. Once 1000 is reached, level up. Are we speaking about the same thing?

Regarding 2) If this is true, I'll have to finally give EA some credit related to game play. My experience is that EA increases game difficulty, not by increasing the playing level of the AI, but by devaluing the attributes of the player's (my) team in career mode. It's effective, but it's also cheating and pretty lazy.

It's been my opinion that they could serve the game franchise well by ignoring some of the "flashy improvements" and concentrating on developing improved AI. If they've indeed taken steps in this direction, then my hat is off to them. Worthwhile work.

19. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it is the same thing... it's just monday and i'm at work and sometimes i get dislexic (which is a problem sometimes as i'm an accountant... "I thought it was 95, not 65!" ).. anyway. Yea, it's your gameplay experience for whatever reason, which you can compare with your friends. I have a 360 too. You'll get something like 100 points for a career play win, you'll get 500 for a completed season at a specific level, etc etc... These also increase if you have a completed player and you complete an attribute achievement (10 successful PK, dribble passed 2 defenders twice in a game, etc). I don't know if the profile exp really relates to anything in game - like more player compatibility, off the ball awareness, etc... but it does quantify how much time you play compared to your friends (some of mine have no life.... snicker).

With the game itself I agree with you - the only problem is these are patches you need to download via Live that work with the game - added hard drive memory necessary, and so forth... it's not really the game it was out of the package. Kind of means that they focused on the flashy unnecessary stuff (and annoying "you're player is unhappy" things) instead of the gameplay, and went "oh shit that really IS bad" and fixed it.

20. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again. One other thing that I've noticed is that my players are actually making angled and timed runs into the area which actually inspired me to begin trying through balls again (I had all but given up that tactic b/c it never worked.). It's actually a refreshing improvement and has me wanting to play more.

Since the meter is more of a "gamer experience" thing, I believe that I'll have to up the difficulty level to WC. I seem to be winning like I would at the expect to at Pro level in previous versions (lots of 5-0's, 7-2's, etc). I just thought I was having to earn increases in difficulty with the new changes. I quit trying at the World Class level before b/c the game play was too frustrating. My defence played like clowns and tackling was next to impossible for me.

They always concentrate too much on flash and nowhere near enough on substance. Have they ever gotten hand balls to work right? I know that you can toggle that in career mode, but I also read that it was ridiculous when toggled "on".

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    anyone play online? Xbox live?

22. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I've said, I have just restarted playing and I've never been much of an online player, but i'd be game for a match. I live in Georgia and usually don't get around to playing until 10 pm. If that fits your playing habits, I'd be up for getting schooled. :)

Do I have to have an EA Online membership to play online? Also, you spoke earlier about playing in Division 1? Could you explain what that is? I assume there is a Division 2, 3, etc. What's the difference?

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think ea just makes you type in a code and yea i'm on at night so we'll meet up. My Xbox live is LtownMusic. I love this feature you start at a certain division maybe 7 and get promoted or relegated or stay up every season you play. You play 10 games every season if needed then against random opponents in head to head. Then when you get to division 1 you can win the championship, really fun feature kept me active.

24. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the code come from?

25. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you didn't buy pre-owned, should be one of the little cards in the game case...

If you bought pre-owned...well, you're screwed - meaning you have to buy a code directly from EA.

Try it out first and see if it prompts you for a code before purchasing one.

SeaOtter repped this.