FIFA Soccer 12

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the game but would love it more if they fixed some silly little crap like when the difficulty goes up the opponent just gets faster, not smarter. The difficulty of getting any more than two players to close down space on defense. The offense making bonehead movements and not coming to the ball etc.

For me World Class is my level. Haven't played pro yet. ON World Class I win most of the games I should win, stumble occasionally and lose to teams that are clearly better than me regularly. On Legendary it was like just holding on for the ride and praying.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I have gotten too good at this game. The previous fifa games difficulty was far too low and I would win on the hardest setting easily. When fifa 12 came out I had to readjust my playing, but now I am back to dominating. I won Division 1 online which was very anticlimactic and the cpu is no fun. I went 38-0-0 with Villa when I restarted my manager mode and only conceded 12 goals. I didn't buy any ridiculously good players either. I had 2 players over 80 in my squad one being my keeper Shay Given and the other was darren bent.

3. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love to know how you defend so well. I can defend pretty well one v one, but my other defenders don't run with their marks, I lose at least 90% of the 50/50's in the 18 yard box - the ones I win I have no idea where the ball will go and I have two CBs with 80 or more accuracy.

It's no fun for me to play above pro because the CPU adjusts the abilities of my players so far from what they should be that I have build teams with players far superior to the competition.

I did do well my first season in the PL. I got Welliton on my team and pretty much murdered the league. But he left for greener pastures and now I'm mid table again.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's generally my issue. It's me and 10 other guys who just back off and just float about the pitch aimlessly.

My best defense is an offense. I try to lose the ball only within the 18 and in a way that leaves the opponent under pressure hoping for a random clearance.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Utilize the A or X button depending on what system you use. It basically just keeps your defense in proper position the whole time when the attacker is coming at you. Then when the attacker tries a move or a shot just steal the ball off of them. It works very well. The only way I concede goals is off bs cross where a player who is 5'5" out jumps my CB or a good through ball. I also utilize my goalie a lot. I bring him out on balls chipped over my defense so people who try to just out sprint me can't cause my keeper is always there to clear it out.

If anyone ever wants to play my username is Skevinrules on live.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're talking about playing online or vs the computer? In my view they are very different animals.

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    When playing against the computer, the A button does a lot. It shuts down most threats by the offense cause the computer is predictable. The computer rarely does any skill moves or long balls. Although when I play online the A button isn't as useful. I concede more goals online. Once people realize I am using that defending style they try skill moves which can easily get passed someone using A or they just send in crosses.

Try playing a few games against the cpu and hold down the A button when defending then when the attacker gets close enough to you press Y. It'll take practice but when you get it down you'll become a lot better.

Before I used the A button to defend I could barely stay in division 4, but after a full season in manager mode using that style I made it division 1 and won it.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know the Y part. I tried the A button but the CPU just passed around me. Will try more tomorrow.

9. soccersonoma10

Apr 26, 2007
    I won Div 1 and have done amazing in UT without ever holding that pressure button. All you really need is to hold L2/LT to stand them up, and call a second man, plus cutting off passing lanes online works a charm. everyone's style of defense is a bit different, which is a welcome departure from past fifas

10. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it just me, or with the update the play of the ball is a lot sloppier?

Yes i'm playing online, and i'm playing as the Union.

11. FASTEDD1E

FASTEDD1E New Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has anyone else noticed at 45' and 90' no matter what you do they score on you or you score on them haha? It happens to me almost every game. I get the pre-rape feeling every time and then it happens...

12. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Member

Mar 2, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was actually thinking about this today haha...Just picked up the game yesterday, it's my first soccer video game, and I can't aim my shots worth a damn

13. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting move.

Good news is I don't have to shell out $60+ for a game that loses its luster after about 5 months. Plus most of the features are back from the World Cup game.

Bad news is that it will use the same engine as FIFA. I always look forward to tweaks the Euros and World Cup games provide in Game play. Also will miss the qualifying feature as in 2008 and 2004.

14. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I nearly broke my bigscreen yesterday when this happened. It happened at 45 to make it 3-1, then at the death to make it 3-3. Aparrently Agbongalahor is the greatest player in the history of soccer, dribbling all 11 guys in the box and ripping a shot far post to tie the game in minute 90.

15. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, you'll get it down in time... but will still end up skying them at random points. Even when i have scoring down with the previous versions, the new version always has a learning curve with figuring out how to do it 'just right'

The one problem i have is set piece attempts on goal. Can never figure it out

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    As a Villa fan, this pleases me :D

1 person likes this.
  17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow super awesome in my career mode with Feyenoord

First season, Ajax loses 2 games the entire season. One against me and one against the CPU.

This season, 14 games in, PSV have 14 wins, 0 draws and 0 losses. Already 12 point deficit. :mad:

18. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  19. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think I figured it out...

FIFA 12 Store in game - go to the Main Menu -> Online -> My FIFA 12 Online - FIFA 12 Store

Yea me!

20. epris

epris Member

May 20, 2007
    Sydney
    does anybody here play ranked seasons? I'm currently in division 4, and it seems I've finally hit the wall. Can't seem to ever get through a game without an opposition player practically walking his way into space and scoring at least once, usually twice. I used to usually just out-score the other player but now the goals have dried up as its got more difficult. don't know what the ******** you are supposed to do to stop it. any suggestions?

21. epris

epris Member

May 20, 2007
    Sydney
    Yes. You can see it happening before your eyes and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. What i've started doing in my Juventus manager mode if i'm 1-0 up with 10 mins to go is playing their corner flag, and constantly winning corners. Since i've started doing this I've won 15 and drawn one in the Serie A (world class).

22. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Season 4 is usually the wall for me. I've gotten to Season 3 once, but I've been unable to get back.

23. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you feel the computer's "duh, it's world class and I feel like scoring now" goal is coming - what you do is...

(1) Go to a 5-man back line with 2 DM's
    (2) Set your team to Ultra defensive

Then what will happen is...

Your team will still sit square 50 yards from goal and let a long pass behind them. If you're able to recover from that, don't worry - the AI will beat you on the dribble, your covering defender will bail out of the play to mark no one and they'll score anyway.

And you'll wanna throw your controller at your expensive television - or at least bounce it hard off your concrete floor.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite is when I have a midfielder and defender covering. Then randomly the midfielder gets some program code from the game which says, "stop playing defense." And he will just stand there, in no mans land, and watch runners go by and the cpu dribble past him. Sometimes if I take the control off the midfielder he will literally run out of the box and go stand near the half way line. As a CDM. :confused: