FIFA 14... In Your Dreams!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Seraphim Renegade, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Should I buy IF Van Persie right now? I know the EPL TOTS is coming out soon so I don't want to lose a lot of coins on him. I want to give Van Persie a try as my CAM. He has good passing, dribbling and obviously good finishing. He seems like a donkey at striker with that low pace and low heading.

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    If you like him, go for it. I wouldn't worry about losing too many coins - when is TOTS expected to be released?

I've been playing seasons, with Bayern as my team. I made it to D1 with only 8 losses (54 wins), but D1 has been a lot tougher overall. I was able to survive my first season, but I'm 0-2-2 to start. Oddly enough, one of those losses was to a D4 team.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Seasons is a nice break. I normally do it when I get bored of UT. Belgium is a fun team to use.

I am also contemplating getting the new world cup game. If you get it @Stogey23 we should have a Czech vs USA match sometime :thumbsup:

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Won't be getting it. The 360 is on hiatus for the foreseeable future.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It seems like a fun game. I liked the previous one a lot, but $60 is a lot on a world cup game. I just got hired by a major oil company so I think I can afford it now though :cool:

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Awesome! Put that money towards an XBOX One instead!

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    upload_2014-4-16_13-25-59.png

There's the main squad for now. I'll be looking to make some cheap upgrades by grabbing 1st IF Kaka and SIF Maicon.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I more than likely will purchase it sometime this summer. I start work in May so it depends when I want to buy it.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Nearly that whole team can be upgraded! SIF Maicon was probably the best RB I have used this fifa. He was godly. SIF Kaka also seems like he'd be really really good. Look for IFs to be dropping within the next few weeks. Everyone is looking to sell their pricey players for TOTS

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I used to have IF Melo, IF Kaka and IF Maxwell, but I sold them for ridiculous profits which helped me land Neymar. Unfortunately, I can't see myself earning enough profit to get IF Oscar or IF Marcelo. SIF Maicon and IF Kaka are fairly cheap, so I'll be targeting them.

11. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Quick question, folks--I've got a PS4 and have been told they won't be making a World Cup game for it. Which is utterly ridiculous.

Then they said something about it being part of Ultimate Team for PS4 owners, but I've seen nothing on that either.

Anyone know the truth?

12. bphenry_USA

bphenry_USA Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mind me asking what company? Just curious as i'm also in the oil & gas industry in houston :D

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oxy

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't know if the ps4 has it, but I have been using these coin increase things from the EA catalog I think it's called. Pretty much for 10-15 games, the amount of coins you receive increase by 1000. It really makes it easier to get coins rapidly.

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    That was crucial in building my coins early.

16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I've got Ibra again, and he's doing Ibra things again. Made a team for that "3 Nation Cup". Don't have access, so I will just post it:

4-3-3(4)

Neymar - Ibra - Hulk
    -------IF Nasri-------
    SIF Cabaye - SIF Matuidi
    Clichy - IF Marquinhos - Thiago Silva - Dani Alves
    Helton

Won the cup, had a lot of fun doing it!

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wanna make a kickass team with a French German league hybrid sometime before the tots comes out.

I got the fifa world cup game and it's actually a lot of fun. I started out doing a full qualifying campaign with USA. I really like how each player actually can get really good. Omar Gonzalez has turned from a 72 to an 80 before I even got to the hex in qualifying. Fabian Johnson also had a large rise in rating. Besler weirdly has become a 69 after starting as a 72, so Cameron-Gonzalez is my pairing.

I really like the new training option. You can select 4 players from you first XI and have them train in a certain area to which increases their rating. For example, I increased Altidore's pace and he is suddenly amazing.

Johansson weirdly sucks.

18. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Understandable, the things that he is good at aren't exactly video game staples.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What console do you have @Ribo_2006 ? I guess since you are getting the WC game, you have a 360 or ps3.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't read anything about the new WC game. It's beyond frustrating for me. I was looking forward to this game more so than past editions because it is taking place in BRAZIL. I was looking forward to finally seeing the stadiums, crowd noise, etc that goes into a WC game. Those dirty bastards at EA screwed me over and didn't release any information about their plans till late. Had I known that it would be only on current gen BEFORE the next gen consoles came out, I could have waited a bit longer to get a next gen console so I could play this game. Curse you, EA!

21. Ascalz

Ascalz BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm honestly annoyed they didn't release it on next gen systems because I was looking forward to it as well.

C'est la vie I suppose.

Anyway, I jumped in to Ultimate team hard some time ago and every year I pick one league that will be the focus of my ultimate team, last year it was La Liga which looked something like this (Messi took forever to get and I only got him because I got a team of the week Suarez in a pack and sold him).

old team.png

My current UT is based on the Bundesliga and looks like this.

team.jpg
    I've been debating on keeping Bierhoff. The only reason I bought him from someone was because I didn't know that he affected chemistry. As of right now I have just over 1M coins saved up. I've seen team of the year Ribery(s) on sale in the 2.5 to 3 million range and I'll probably just keep saving for one of them. Though if a team of the week Gotze comes out I'll definitely pick him up.

My subs look like this.
    team subs.jpg

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Seeing that you have a legend card and you said you have next gen, you should go and play @Stogey23 with that team.

23. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Welcome @Ascalz , what's your gamertag? - mine is sdstogey23

24. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I have both, but play fifa on the 360.

Will be getting Xbox 1 with dr 3, fifa 15, ryse and watchdogs in Sept.

Then the ps4 with metal gear 5 and batman arkham knight early next year.

Atm just not enough content on ethier console warrants a purchase for me.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just had to edit your post a bit. Now it looks good. :D