Fergie STILL has it .....

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Numquam Moribimur, Mar 23, 2012.

1. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    boom.

googoo repped this.
  2. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    Found on twitter, hilarious :)

[​IMG]

sdotsom repped this.
  3. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

:cool:

4. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't ******** with the Wizard....:cool:

sdotsom and googoo repped this.
  5. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I'm no Ferguson fanboy but he just shat on Pardew/Newcastle from a celestial height there.

johno repped this.
  6. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he certainly did. Does he just enjoy insulting other clubs or what?

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think I can field that question for you.

Yes, yes he does.

8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whoa apparently Barack is not too busy after all

The White House yesterday released a statement supporting English powerhouse Manchester United legenday manager Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that rivals Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is indeed a cnut. "Let me, let me make this clear. Alan Pardew is a ********", the President said while adding that Alan Pardew is really a ********.

exref repped this.
  9. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Yanks Abroad Gameday thread on Stoke v. Liverpool: "Some big club needs to sign Pulis as their defensive coordinator. That defense is fun as hell to watch." Some big club as in MUFC?

10. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please tell me that is a joke o_Oo_O

11. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's American Football talk applied to soccer. you can't deny we need some defensive help.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes I know what it is.....and it should never be applied ********ing EVER

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Why not? I've been saying an NFL team should pick up Rene Meulensteen to train up the teenagers in their youth academies for years now. ;)

15. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Why not?

16. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess cuz it's not pre-modern football, who knows? Whatever the proper terms might be, some posters have been yearning for CQ's tactical abilities. Pulis appears to shine in defensive tactics, and now may be expanding his talents to all aspects of the game.

18. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Thing is, no Premiership manager would give up their job to be an assistant manager, which is higher than first team coach, which is higher than a coach whose job is to focus on defending. It would be like one NFL team getting a head coach with a lot of job security and decent success from another NFL team to move to them as defensive quality control coach or something along those lines (say Marvin Lewis leaving the Bengals to become defensive QC coach of the Patriots). Not an exact correlation, but with there being so many more football teams than NFL (and even NCAA, Canadian, Arena, etc) teams it means that it just doesn't happen.

19. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I wasn't taking it literally. But why not study his defensive tactics and learn?

20. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But soccer is different. Defensive and offensive players simply don't exist in a vaccuum in soccer, compared to football. All players must be able to contribute at both ends of the field. It's not like they can simply sub off for their more offensive/defensive counter part the minute the ball crosses the half way line.

Stoke and Pulis get a lot of clean sheets for reasons above and beyond simply playing good defense. In fact, as individuals, their defenders are not better than most of the defenders already at the top clubs. Stoke simply set out their shape and stall in a defensive way across the pitch, top to bottom. And I give them credit for the fact it works for them, but it has limitations as well. It's no surprise they have one of the lowest goal outputs of any team in the premiership era at the half way point. And it's not about individual attacking talents, or lack thereof either.

The one thing every team in this league lacks right now (and across a lot of Europe actually), is balance across the park. Personally, I think that's because it's harder to strike the proper balance in modern football than 10-15 years ago.

I subscribe to the argument the highs can be higher now than they used to be, but because players have become so specialized across all positions, and players tend to concentrate on a select few high spending teams more than ever after a good few seasons, that finding that right balance is massively challenging now (and bloody expensive).

exref repped this.
  21. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let's bring this back on topic.

Fergie doesn't give a ********. Amen.

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Funny, had Wenger been on one of his huge moans (after Pardew having a few goes at him) and Fergie not had been on the receiving end of the third wrong call directly involving a goal being scored in 4 matches and thus said nothing... we wouldn't be hearing anything about this from you, now would we? ;)

But what should we expect? I mean, Arsenal fans themselves do love to brag about "just being a small team from north London" after all. ;)

24. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    lol @ implying that the worst loser and probably the whiniest manager in the history of, ever, is somehow a gracious winner.

Naboomagnoli and sdotsom repped this.
  25. Swordsman

Swordsman Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Happy Birthday to Sir Alex Ferguson. Its his birthay on 31 Dec.

benni... repped this.