FCD Doug Quinn Arrested in NYC

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way he can or should survive this.

Totally shocked. Bad news all the way around.

2. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    Where is my assertion that there was some conspiracy not to report the topic? That's an ad hominem insertion by you projected on to me.

When Wilonski was all over it at 10am, why didn't you post those links in the thread you started?

FYI to all, on the WFAA Channel 8 noon newscast, DQ was the 3rd story and it was not glossed over.

Regardless of how Peter characterizes my line of questioning, I think it is quite strange that this story took 72+ hours to break in Dallas, regardless of the reasons why.

Finally, Peter, if I so offend you, is there an 'ignore' feature now on bigsoccer so you can just not see what I post?

3. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I'm thinking FCD MLS just didn't know till recently. DQ telling his employer or anyone else is at the bottom of his priority.

4. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas CEO Doug Quinn takes indefinite leave of absenc

5. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FRISCO -- FC Dallas President and CEO Doug Quinn is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the club to attend to personal matters, FC Dallas announced Wednesday. Hunt Sports Group Vice President Dan Hunt will lead FC Dallas on an interim basis, effective immediately.
    “We are aware of the report regarding Doug Quinn,” said John Wagner, president of Hunt Sports Group. “We are in the process of gathering additional information and will have no further comment at this time.”

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Your original post to this thread stinks of the accusation that HSG pays DMN to have Hunt write stories, therefore why this story has yet to be published... Really go back and read it.

uh, because i started this thread shortly before 7am, when I first posted it to 3rd Degree, and later someone else had already placed the link.

So, where was the "clark preemptive strike" you predicted?

and if you read my posts you will see my concern that MLS and FCD allowed this story to sit for days without attending to it up front. Terrible crisis management. Just terrible. If there was a conspiracy to cover this up, it was a shitty one.

I was merely offended by the suggestion that Steve Hunt was being paid to write stories, or not write stories by HSG... That is just stupid. Otherwise I find your postings and rants very entertaining... I like to call it, "selective outrage"...

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh.

I've been away from BigSoccer all day, but while I was working, I did get an e-mail from FCD on my phone, talking about Quinn's taking a leave of absence, and I wondered what was going on. Death or sickness in the family? Something worse?

When I finally got over here, I read the story in the New York Post. Oy. He's got to go. I know that there are two sides (or more) to every story, but with some stories, one side is sufficient to know how to proceed.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Report says they were "celebrating his 50th birthday", so I'm guessing alcohol was involved. After seeing how drunk he was at Bobby Rhine's wake, it's makes me sad to say that this news doesn't particularly surprise me.

Regardless of what "the other side of the story" may or may not be, I don't see how there's any way he can come back to FCD. Paging Andy Swift to the red and white striped courtesy phone, please.

Incidentally, as I type this, CBS11 are reporting this on the 6 o'clock news. Making a pretty big story out of it.

9. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how long until they announce he is officially terminated? End of the week? Weekend? Next week?

10. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to chime in and say that this is tough news for you guys. Hopefully your FO makes the right decision and lets him go. This is very tough news for you guys to take.

11. tmsfan

tmsfan Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Corinth, TX
    This year I have heard The Ticket talk about FC Dallas at length twice. The first was the National Anthem fiasco and then this mess today...

12. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Nope, can't have Andy

Maybe this is unfair but if you can do that to your wife or anyone, i would tend to believe.this wasn't his first time

13. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish he had been arrested for something purely personally embarrassing, like perhaps indecent public exposure, so that we could laugh and shake our heads over what a top-to-bottom joke our organization is. Unfortunately, and perhaps predictably, he was arrested for something genuinely disturbing and vile, so we must instead frown and shake our heads over what a top-to-bottom travesty our organization is.

We need a big, red reset button. I don't see how to generate enthusiasm or success without one, at this point.

14. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me be the first to say: Screw you Doug. You are a piece of trash and may end up being a piece in prison.

15. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    horrible anthem performances, hooligan violence and vile crimes...sadly these are how to get publicity for our sport.

ughs.

16. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Quinn is innocent until proven guilty, he can not survive this. My guess is that he would be given the opportunity to resign.

It is odd that Andrew the Great has returned to Dallas at such an opportune time, it is an idyllic dream, but it will remain that. Even assuming he would work for HSG again, he reigned, recall, because his request to fire the coach was denied. While HSG did fire the coach later, imagine the consequences if Swift wanted to fire this coach.

FCD has gone from "(o)ur ethnicity in winning" to our ethnicity is protecting the coach.

If Swift were to accept a position where his only responsibility is to sell tickets, I am certain his performance would be exceptional.

17. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sirius XM has a channel dedicated to 24/7 soccer, and they talk about MLS plenty. You're welcome.

18. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    I thought he was decent enough at his job. He traded in kiddie bounce house approach for instead the more intense expanded beer garden. But he will deservedly be given due process, and in all likelihood a boot in the seat. Feel badly for his wife and to a lesser extent DQ. What a thing to have to live down.

19. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's us not leave out the piece about playing DH and those memorable FKs

20. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, Kid, what does DQ have to do with DH playing? Completely different aspects of the business....

21. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just many of the things that went wrong this year... Morning coffee not kicking in yet?

22. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Any news on Quinn? Wasn't he scheduled to appear before a judge in NYC over the weekend? Has he or his wife returned to Dallas? Will MLS or HSG get on top of this story?

23. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    next court appearance was today...nothing on the news wire yet...

24. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am doubting anything will be found on the news.

Not a lot happened yesterday. Both parties consented to an adjournment again. The next court date is not until 1/15/2013.

25. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Happy holidays.