FC United of Manchester(Part2)

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by no prawns ere, May 10, 2007.

1. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Now promoted to the Uni-bond Div1
    The story continues here.....
    News, Results, Stories, Etc!! will be posted here..
    Part 1 can be found here.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212942

Some-more useful links
    Official league site.
    http://www.unibondleague.com

Official FC United site.
    http://fcumfiles.co.uk/index.php

Unofficial FC United site/Main Forum
    http://www.mapfm.co.uk/fcum/images0607/sio.jpg

Highlights(recommended)
    http://fcum.tv/

Best site for Non-league football. All the stats.
    http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/

Feel free to Add, Questions??

2. metrostars1969

metrostars1969 New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    no prawn,

Thanks again for taking the lead in keeping the thread going. I can't wait for next season and see who we will be playing.

Metros

3. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    At the moment these are the teams due to play
    in the Northern League Div1(subject to possible change)

Bamber Bridge
    Bradford Park Avenue
    Bridlington Town
    Chorley
    Clitheroe
    Curzon Ashton
    Durham City
    FC United of Manchester
    Goole
    Harrogate Railway
    Lancaster City
    Mossley
    Newcastle Blue Star
    Ossett Albion
    Radcliffe Borough
    Rossendale United
    Skelmersdale United
    Wakefield

4. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think your confusing the Northern Premier League First Division aka (Unibond League First Division) with the Northern League Division One.

5. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Based on what I see on Tony Kempster's site, FCUM will be in a Northern Division (not sure the specific name).

Team (From Division)
    Bamber Bridge (NP1)
    Bradford Park Avenue (NP1)
    Bridlington Town (NP1)
    Chorley (NP1)
    Clitheroe (NP1)
    Curzon Ashton (NWC1)
    Durham City (NL1)
    FC United of Manchester (NWC1)
    Harrogate Railway (NP1)
    Lancaster City (CONFN)
    Mossley (NPP)
    Newcastle Blue Star (NL1)
    Ossett Albion (NP1)
    Radcliffe Borough (NPP)
    Rossendale United (NP1)
    Skelmersdale United (NP1)
    Wakefield (NP1)
    Woodley Sports (NP1)

Cheers!

6. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nevermind me :D

I thought Durham City and Newcastle Blue Star played in the northern league, that's one below the Northern Premier League. So it was me who was puzzled.

"Northern Premier League First Division"

aka
    [​IMG]

7. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    They did until the end of this season. They are being promoted up a level as part of the expansion of the Northern Premier First Division from one to two divisions.

8. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Lets go with Uni-bond, Div1:D :D
    tooo many Northern leagues..

9. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Now online Challenge cup final
    Curzon v FC United
    Take your pick!! Goals or 30mins.
    And a cracking goal by Josh Howard.
    Click on Match highlights
    http://www.fcum.tv/

10. metrostars1969

metrostars1969 New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Just watched both - fantastic!!

11. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
  12. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Awesome. Closer and closer to the top...

Premier League
    Football League Championship
    Football League One
    Football League Two
    Conference National
    Conference North
    Northern Premier League Premier Division
    Northern Premier League First Division
    North West Counties Football League Division One
    North West Counties Football League Division Two

13. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Well done Rory, Its been a pleasure to watch your talent
    for the past 2 years..Onwards and upwards.

FC United’s 22-year-old striker Rory Patterson has thanked the club’s supporters after being voted the Non League Paper’s Young Player of the Year.

The award caps a fantastic season for the young Irishman which has seen him score an incredible 39 goals in 45 appearances en route to helping the Reds achieve a remarkable league and cup double.

Manager Karl Marginson was the first to offer his tribute to the player dubbed ‘Mr Mystery’ by the supporters. He said: “It’s richly deserved. This season he’s been unbelievable. He’s got the strength, the pace, the goals – he’s got the lot. He’s grown up quite a bit this year, I hope he keeps it up and sticks with us for many years to come.”

14. Konspiracy

Konspiracy New Member

May 20, 2007
    Gigg Lane Bury
    Im very impressed in everything I have read & heard about FC United. They sound like they could be a great alternative to the greed of the Premier League & teach people about how football should be played & how the fans should be treated. I believe their fans like to consume large amounts of alcohol & sing loud & proud wherever they play.
    I cant wait until next season to see how they cope with the step up to the Unibond (Northern Premier League) & hope they continue to play their attacking free flowing football - onwards & upwards.

'The anwswer my friends is Howard on the Wing!':D

15. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read today that Durham City have chosen not to be promoted to the NPL1N next year - something to do with finances and infrastructure and all that. Any idea who will take their place? Other than Newcastle Blue Star (who have gone up), no other team from the Northern League applied for promotion. Salford City finished fourth in FCUM's division, and successfully passed the ground grading requirements. Perhaps they might go up too?

16. Konspiracy

Konspiracy New Member

May 20, 2007
    Gigg Lane Bury
    That would be FCUM's worst nightmare. :eek: Last seaon at the match at Salford's ground they were verbally & physically attacked by aound 100-200 local thugs (ranging from 16-40 years of age). The worst part was that FCum are a big family club & lots of women & children were abused at this game. It wasnt the normal Salford FC fans just local thugs who knew 3000 FCum fans were coming to town & fancied a brawl. No problems with Salford Fc the team or their regular fans but local scrotes around the Salford area make away games quite dangerous. Had to play the cup game at a 12 noon KO due to the threat of trouble from local yobs. I dont think they will come up - have head no rumours at all about them though plenty about other clubs.

17. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    It was proposed a few months back to take four teams from the NWCFL.
    But the NWCFL refused...didnt want to lose more teams to the unibond.
    so i would think it will come from another league.

Garforth. Seem to be Favs at the moment?

18. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a shame Socrates isn't still with them :D

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Durham City eventually pulled out because the Unibond did not effectively communicate what it was trying to do, and clubs got worried about small divisions and fewer fixtures. I've heard a rumor that they might try two divisions with a 20/15 split - the former with everyone playing each club twice, the latter with everyone playing each club three times.

However, if they try to maintain the 18/18 set up, Garforth Town seems to be the most likely candidate for promotion, although the NCEL and NWCL have been stretched very thin over the past few years as the NPL has taken several clubs per year. However, the NCEL may get a second feeder shortly as the Central Midlands League looks like it may be elevated to Step 6.

Another possible solution is to promote Wellingborough Town, who finished 3rd in the United Counties League. They would slot into the Southern League Midlands division and you'd have to shift Chasetown north. We'll see, this entire restructuring process has been a COMPLETE chaotic mess.

Hopefully the Step 4 restructure will be completed next year with the NPL taking around six Northern League clubs to round out their divisions. Part of the whole point of the restructure was to bring the North East region back into the fold, since they only have Blyth Spartans, Gateshead, and now Newcastle Blue Star. It would be a lot easier on the NL clubs looking at promotion if they instantly had a number of local games and they only had to travel as far as Manchester/Yorkshire as opposed to the Midlands. Unfortunately, while a number of the Northern League clubs are interested in the Unibond, the league chairman will do everything he can to maintain his empire and prevent losing clubs to the NPL.

20. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Thx for the info Balerion.

A few friendly's line up for FC
    All away

21st July KO 3:00
    Kidderminster Harriers

22nd July KO 3:00
    Blackpool Mechanics

4th August KO 3:00
    AFC Wimbledon

21. ManUnited90

ManUnited90 New Member

May 31, 2006
    kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooohhhh Fc United!

22. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    If you're ever in the North West of England.
    Get yourself to watch an FCe game, so says??
    Based on safe standing
    "One FSF member who has attended three FCUM games as a neutral said of his visits, 'I'd encourage every fan in the country to get along to an FC United game if they can. Just how an afternoon out at a professional football match should be. I've never heard three thousands fans make so much noise. The passion and wit of the FC United supporters is really something special. The club board, elected by the fans, is working flat out to encourage a new generation of young supporters into the ground...Tickets cost only £7 for adults and £2 for concessions. You won't find a better value day out anywhere in the country. The whole sense of the ground on match days is one of empowerment, passion and fun'."

23. ManUnited90

ManUnited90 New Member

May 31, 2006
    kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets not get people who are Day trippers to FC games....there is already anough of that at Old Trafford...if there are Day trippers at FC United games they better sing and cheer!!!!

24. Konspiracy

Konspiracy New Member

May 20, 2007
    Gigg Lane Bury
    Ive not seen FC play now since they won the Cup Final on 3rd May & Im getting withdrawal symptoms. Im saving quite a bit of cash (not being spent on beer & travelling) but roll on next seaon's friendly matches - looking forward to Blackpool Mechanics away & Ashton United (not sure we're ready to play Kiddiminster yet though):(