FC Porto vs Manchester City: Europa League[R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by BatatasFritas, Feb 16, 2012.

1. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And vice-versa. They were deadly together. Just look at Janko, he arrives and immediately finds a ton of opportunities to score. I think when defenders start having to worry about both, Hulk will show up again. He just can't do everything by himself in the final third.

2. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tough game.

Is it me, or was Villa Boas sitting next to PDC in the stands? I wonder if he'll return to Porto next season? He's pretty much out of Chelsea. Not sure if he wants to try his luck in another league or go back home for a season or two....

3. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I see him at PSG for some reason.

4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    The thing is, do you want a player of his talent and scoring ability limited to crossing the ball ? I want him crossing in and taking that powerful shot he has.

5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I think Falcao is the better player. That is not taking anything away from Hulk. Falcao has proven that without Hulk assistance he is the 3rd leading scorer in La Liga. That of course is just my opinion and that does not take anything away from either player.

6. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's easier to defend when he doesn't have options. Man City kept the front/outside of the box tight. Very tight. Hulk was basically forced to try to get a cross in.

Porto passed it around at a safe distance very well, but couldn't get a look in either. Credit to City's defense (and defensive midfield), they are very solid.

7. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    True but City was pretty much covering their area quite well, hard to run into the area so the next best thing to drive in low crosses and hope for a tap in.

8. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I also saw AVB at the game sitting next to PDC. Weird for sure!

Too bad Janko was cup tied. I wonder if we would have scored 1 or 2, with all the dangerous balls we put across the box.

9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We just needed a pylon up there. VP is such an idiot. Even Rolando would of done something as a striker.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    just cause theres black people in portugal, maybe more than many other euro countries doesnt mean there arent any racists

11. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who said otherwise? Context: it's crucial.

12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    U Mad Bro?

13. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah, just making sure you weren't misreading what he meant. Bit sad, though, but that's life after a bad defeat. :(

Best of luck against Legia tonight, btw.

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I did understand the context but I was just pointing out its not really relevant how many black people there are in a country to how racist the population are

obviously you cant tell that

yes we beat Legia, but now we get to relive the bayern fiasco from a couple years ago with man city:rolleyes: Hope somehow we can pull through tho

15. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Didnt Carlo ancellotti get hired there?