FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Wtf is possesssion football and why would a coach who implements counter attacking football ( :ROFLMAO: ) want to force them to do something different if "possession football" is so lame against bunker?

Key point is, its the easiest shit to do and now appears "so effective" because Barcelona is such shit. Its like days of catenaccio in its full glory are slowly coming back - oh the joy.

And someone explain to me where is the logic you can defend proper only with basically a bunker + counter is phase of attack??

2. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yep, but i didn't write a post after the game claiming that i was right as you did. I only replied you to refresh your memory.

As i have said before in this thread. We started the game attacking, we didn't started the game defending and counterattacking. We attacked Barcelona until we scored. Our defensive line tried to be always near the midfield with a lot space behind our defenders and our goalkeeper, We didn't started the game with our defense near our goalkeeper a waiting Barcelona to counterattack.

We started the game attacking, trying to have the ball and pressing Barcelona.

Until we scored the goal we have more ball possesion 51% than Barcelona 49%. And until we scored the goal the ball was more time in Barcelona field 53% than in Real Madrid field 47%.

Please, watch again the first minutes of the game, and you will see what i'm saying. Anyway, here you have some pictures about the position of our players defending until the minute where Di Maria scored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ancelotti said in the press-conference before the game (Min 27:10)

"Una calidad de este equipo es tener el control del juego, con la posesion, con una posesión eficaz y esto tenemos que hacerlo manaña, y para hacer esto necesitamos coraje y personalidad que son las cualidades mas importantes para jugar una final"

"A quality of this team is to have control of the game with the possession (of the ball), with an effective possession (of the ball) and this is what we have to do tommorrow, and to do this we need courage and personality, because courage and personality are the most important qualities to play a final"

And we started the game playing with courage and personality, trying to have the ball, defending far from our goal area and pressing Barcelona until we scored.

Then we began to defend closer to our goal area, maybe because after score we decided that we didn't have to take so many risks (and Barcelona were the ones that needed to risk), maybe because physically is very difficult to press your rival in their field continuously, maybe because Barcelona began to attack more and forced us to defend closer to our goal area, or probably for all those reasons together.

I think that it is clear, but i don't want to covert a thread about a really beautiful victory against Barcelona to win La Copa del Rey, a victory that i really enjoyed very very much and that i celebrated with the players until de 5:00 a.m in Cibeles, in a endless discussion about tactics, so this will be my last post in this thread.

Aimar 21, Subtractam, raven3k and 16 others repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think anyone can disagree with your assessment. Just a slight footnote: the idea that we should play 'our game', whatever it is, its a fallacy. Our game is pragmatic and adaptable to the circumstances. If we need to defend we will defend. People find it uneasy to accept that we should modify our game to counter someone elses game, and not the other way around, but IMO that doesn't imply inferiority, but cleverness and versatility.

Subtractam repped this.
  4. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @MadridForever I agree. I would just say that it is very clear when looking at both goals and all the other goal scoring chances we had in the match that the counter attacking style of play is what won us this game. You seem not to focus on that so much. It is the "blueprint" to destroy tiki taka. This is what some of the posters here were stating before the match. There is a lot of truth to this I feel. It caused a lot of shit because it did not form part of the consensus of the "big swinging dicks" in this forum. Same shit different day.

Donzizu and Hendrix22 repped this.
  5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you remember the promise you made in August?

6. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valencia police issued Bale a fake ticket for reckless over-taking
    [​IMG]

7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I reminded him :D

Chinky24 repped this.
  8. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I couldn't remember what the bet was, and then I came across this. LOL, you can't make this stuff up.

Aimar 21, Zidane05, YOUNGSTARS87 and 3 others repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some weeks ago the guy was even saying he was happy we sold Özil.

10. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There needs to be a "super rep" button or something for posts like this. One "rep" doesn't do it justice.

11. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have no idea what this crazy fat baby is talking about...:rolleyes:
    You lack the intelligence to understand basic things don't you? That comment of mine was clearly tongue in cheek, hence the laughing face icon! In any case it is clear that Ozil does not fit in a 4-4-2 formation. Sorry.
    Another guy trying to score some flaccid points. When did I say that Mr Moderator?

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    here is a write up in Zonal Marking discussing the 4/4/2 formation used by CA in the Copa:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/04/17/real-madrid-2-1-barcelona-copa/

Excape Goat and Lyra repped this.
  13. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mymy replied with this:
    "Messi is the only rooster in the hen house" - The Other Teams Thread
    "PremEjac4Life" suggestion

So, Jeremy, what shall we talk about regarding honor and short memories again?

Chinky123 or PremEjac4life. Your call.

Aimar 21, Zidane05, Subtractam and 10 others repped this.
  14. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @jeremy123
    Hint: PremEjac4life is not cool :D

@Chinky24
    It's really nice of you to let him choose :thumbsup:
    Chinky123 is too cool to be used by that loser.

15. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    IMO, the best thing we can take home from this game is how confident we were after the goal. I mean, compared to the Dortmund game, where some Illarra brain farts and a missed PK still with 3-0 on aggregate caused us to go into total meltdown. Also compare to a bunch of games against the same opposition where we scored first and then gradually lost control.

Also, as MF said, whenever we needed a goal we were able to attack Barça very effectively, while switching back to conservative mode when having an advantage.
    Sorta like what Atleti does (manage the timing of efforts), but obviously a lot better in the attacking phase.

Finally there's this thing I heard to a so-called pundit: Madrid has a squad that allows us to "play any way we want".

Zidane05 and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  16. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    You say the word flaccid a lot, Jeremy. Would you like me to give you something a little harder?

jeremy123, Chinky24 and dmar repped this.
  17. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who are you?!
    League is not finished yet but I choose Premature Ejaculation. I always do :D Arsenal would have finished top 2 had they not suffered horrible injuries all season. When most were fit they were unstoppable. Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott. Ozil, Podolski, Arteta, Chamberlain all injured. Imagine us without Modric, Ronaldo, Xabi, Di Maria....

Does the FA Cup count?

temesgen repped this.
  18. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

Modric said the talk between the two was: "thank God for the goal, we don't know how we would have lasted through the extra time".

19. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Even with those players, Arsenal would have never finished top 2. The thing you're forgeting that we were without Xabi for the first 2 months, without Ronaldo for a few weeks, without Varane for basically the whole year. Marcelo was in and out, so was Arbeloa, we lost Khedira for half the season, not to mention Jese and we started the season without Bale. Yet we still won a trohpy and are in the race to win two more.

And that Micky Mouse cup doesn't count! :D

20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One that had to stand the aftereffects of your constant premature ejaculations during last year.
    LMAO

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane05, Subtractam, anticule and 2 others repped this.
  22. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think you quite understand my humour. You take everything i say literally. I worry about those people.

Life is absurd and meaningless. Just keep ejaculating buddy.

23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    atleast you're being a good sport about it, just change your avatar to a penile pump - you've talked about being flaccid enough that most would get it.... :D

jeremy123 repped this.
  24. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So all of it has been a joke? I mean really?
    Makes perfect sense with the "4life" part mymy had suggested:D
    I won't stop you then. Go on, keep ejaculating...

Chinky24 repped this.
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought they were thanking God that they ain't playing for the Spurs anymore.

Umar, Subtractam, Hendrix22 and 4 others repped this.