Fastest Dribblers

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by reckless_mf, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually my opinion is exact, because I'm exact kind of guy. You are just another multiaccount hero, who's opinion is worthless.

2. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

i'm italian and it is the first time I subscribe to this forum.

Your opinion does not count because you are Barcellona fans.

Messi vs Nesta 36 years old

Messi don't touch ball and vs italian team made only 1 goal in penalty.

Ronaldo vs Nesta
    Nesta still has nightmares

Nesta about Ronaldo: "The worst experience I ever had was playing against Ronaldo when we faced Internazionale in the 1998 UEFA Cup Final in Paris. He’s an incredible player. I have watched that game on video so many times since then, trying to work out what I did wrong. We lost 3-0 but I don’t think now it was my fault. Ronaldo was simply unstoppable. He is so quick he makes everyone else look as if they arestanding still. I hope he really gets fit now because Ronaldo, in full flow, is the most spectacular sight in football."

Messi is good only vs stupid defenders of liga and with super team of Barcellona, in serie A 80s 90s would have been owed.

would destroy the legs

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can stop pretending, it's fairly obvious that it's multi.

Here Messi single-handedly gang rapes the whole Milan defense, including Nesta. Completely destroyed Milan with 3+3 in four games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again in a completely different class.

4. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I believe that it is a defense that sucks compared to the ones we had

Nesta at 36 years was stopped several times Messi
    was old and broken by injuries.

Messi against Maldini and Costacurta, a young Nesta or Cannavaro young would not touch the ball. And 'lucky today because the defenders are disgusting

the fact is that Messi against Italian opposition has only one goal on a penalty kick, ged owed by inter, get owed by lucio and zanetti

5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Double pleasure against R.Carlos and Cannavaro

[​IMG]

Gang rape against, Pepe, Marcelo, Alonso, Khedira and Ramos

[​IMG]

R9 was good in dribbling against single players, Messi can dribble whole teams, different class really.

Imagine R9 against modern zonal defenses and parked buses, he would be fairly useless without his speed against empty spaces.

6. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

Cannavaro was 36/37 years old, are you understand the difference ??

R9 played against modern zonal defenses, but defenders much stronger, and could make many more fouls.

R.Carlos has never been a good left-back in defense was strong only in attack.

"R9 was good in dribbling against single players":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ronaldo made many goals, starting from midfield and dribbling all.

The fact is this Nesta 36 years old owed Messi, Lucio 33 years owed Messi, zanetti 37 years owed Messi, Samuel owed messi, terry owed messi ecc.

Messi is good only vs stupid defenders of liga..
    the best defender he encounters, is stupid Pepè :laugh:

7. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pepe, Marcelo, Alonso, Khedira and Ramos= shit defenders

this is a super defender

Messi is fortunate that he has never met

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only in your delusional world. I haven't seen one dribble of that kind, or dribble that would make him even close to comparable to Messi.

Messi against 4 Germany players in one square meter.

[​IMG]

9. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan

Ronaldo vs Thuram and cannavaro

Ronaldo is good only vs one??? shut up please

Most impossibile dribbling ever

10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :laugh: I think I'm gonna ignore you now on, well done.

11. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You don't know Ronaldo, i seen both and Ronaldo is better because for him there was no difference between Maldini or a poor defender. Messi vs good defenders suffer very strong

12. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    the funny thing is that I am not to say, all those who have commented on the video say it:thumbsdown:

Coglionazzo di alto livello. By by stupid Kid...;)

13. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Alexander are u a troll or are you being serious, just wondering.

14. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Alexander88, why is the number 88 in your name?

15. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thierry Henry was really fast, but didnt have the close ball control like Messi.

16. reckless_mf

reckless_mf Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    No one said they Have to control the ball like Messi. It just has to be good ball control not punt and run like Roberto Carlos and Overmars.

17. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Messi is a player built with doping, was inflated by Gh. GH in the world of bodybuilding is a one of doping most dangerous, can bring different collateral effect. In Spain there are no laws against doping, see the case Fuentes. If spain won everything he has won must thank the doping.
    the game that make them all the time with pressing, can be explained only by the doping.

18. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    [​IMG]

Apparently, the statistics are based on how fast they are running with the ball.

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Aparently the STATS are misleading ...
    Players like valencia, Gareth bale, Lennon were fast running player (with or w/o the ball) but ... they LOST the ball easily in such case ... so did not mean MUCH in the sense of "FAST dribbler"

Fast dribblers with the ball GLUED on the feet: Messi, Fat Ronaldo, Fat Maradona, Pele Garrincha ...

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Now look at an estimated speed of a the "fat" Ronaldo (passed his peak and carried 30more pounds at Conrinthian in 2009) = easily 36km/hr (imagine at his best in 96-98)

21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    As comparison; Usain Bolt reached 43km/h in his world record race. Without ball obviously and built for straight line speed, with his impressive giant legs and enormous leaps.

To my knowledge Ben Johnson in 1988 has still the highest recorded top speed with 44km/h (but was overall ofc slower as what they run today). His pace was slightly higher (less as 1 km/h) as what Bolt did in his best races.

Incredible, the speed some of those midgets above can attain.

22. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    #122 JamesBH11, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    yes in term of "pure speed power and acceleration" Ben Johnson was the fastest ... (if we ignore the dope?)

- (declined) record top speed >48 km/hr within 12 meters. (Bolt set WR at 44.72Km/hr)
    - (unofficial) record fastest to reach first 10m at 0.81 second - official one was with Usain Bolt at 0.82 seconds

They are like a WIND ... flew by you 10 m away in less than a tic tac ... WOW

For that reason, Ben believed he could have beaten Bolt - given same era condition of 80's:

In a video published Friday, a BBC reporter asked Johnson if Bolt was the greatest of all time.
    [​IMG]
    “Well, he’s an all-around sprinter, 100, 200 meters,” Johnson, now 51, told the BBC. “But, I think Ben Johnson is the best sprinter, 100 meter.”

The BBC reporter followed up, asking, “
    You could have beaten Usain Bolt, in your day, if he was racing then?”

Oh yeah,” Johnson said. “They don’t have the power I have.”

23. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #123 leadleader, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    And you have just provided me with a prime example of just how incredibly overrated R9 is. That 1998 UEFA Cup Final in which R9 "terrorized" Nesta? Actually, Nesta completely owned R9 in that game. The fact that Nesta does not have a completely erroneous recollection about a game in which he actually owned R9, is proof of the fact that football players, albeit very intelligent on the pitch, can be incredibly dumb people outside the pitch -- just like Nesta has proven here.

Yes, Lazio lost 3-0, but it most certainly was not because R9 was unstoppable. The truth is that at least 3 Inter players had much better games than R9, and the fact that Inter was comfortably winning the game despite R9's quiet performance, proves the fact that Inter 1997/1998 was not an "average" team by any stretch of the imagination. Nesta owned R9 for most of the game, and R9 scored an off-side goal that the referee (for some reason) did not ruled off.

It's amazing how legends are made. And it's even more amazing when the legend is being preached by a (dumb) football player who apparently has absolutely no recollection of that game. This makes me wonder just how susceptible the actual players are to the media, because no self-respecting journalist would ever say that "R9 had a great game in the UEFA Cup Final", but I can certainly see a sensationalist newspaper making up completely false stories in which R9 is unjustly glorified just because his name sells more papers than the names of the Inter players who did actually have good performances on the night.

I do not hate R9, I can sincerely say that, but completely false stories such as the one Nesta is talking about here..... well it does give me the urge to throw up, I mean, why are people, in this case an athlete, so moronic? I don't get it. Nesta completely disrespected the Inter players who did have great performances in that UEFA Cup Final, just so he could glorify R9. I find that repulsive. Why can't full grown adults be more realistic? Oh well.

24. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #124 leadleader, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    That does not make any sense.

Any Formula 1 driver will tell you that a car that is not built for running at 140 mph, is much more difficult to control when going at 140 mph, than, for example, a car that is built for running at 200mph that happens to be running at 170 mph.

By your logic, the car that runs faster, must be more difficult to control. The reality of the situation is that the car itself will determine how difficult it is to control and, even though speed adds to the difficulty, it does not necessarily mean that faster is always harder or more difficult.

Case in point -- when you have the sprinter-like physique of R9, running at those speeds is not difficult, and controlling a football at those speeds is not particularly difficult when your body is built for such speeds. The fact is that Messi at his full speed has better control than R9 at his full speed, and the reason for that is not because controlling the ball at the speed of R9 is more difficult -- for instance, why is it that R9's control at slow speed was not that amazing? I have certainly seen a lot of players who did better tricks and better dribbles than what R9 could manage at slow speed.

If you theory was correct, then R9's control at slow speed would be absolutely amazing, because R9 can control the ball at speeds that nobody else could. But the fact is that Zidane had much better ball control than R9, if we are talking about slow speed or medium speed. Which again, is proof of the fact that your theory is incorrect. The faster you go, the more difficult it is to control the ball? Not true. If that was true, then R9 would have had better ball control than any player in the history of the game.

25. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It is delusional people like you that have, for some time and, quite consistently, entertained an idea that I've been battling with for some time. But I think it is well worth the effort just to read the hilarious comments of R9 fans such as yourself. The mentioned "effort" is just a youtube video that will be titled "R9 getting owned by top defenders" -- in the video you will find quite a lot of video of Hierro, Maldini, and Nesta, completely owning R9.

Can't say when such a video will be ready, but when I do finish it, I will create a thread titled "R9 getting owned by the defenders that, according to legend, R9 destroyed" -- I can already see the comments that will be written by R9 fans, and the laughs that said comments will provide are just too good to miss out.