Fabio Borini

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    please tell me who he was playing for when he got these call ups ? Braca's B team... and he got 1 call up and not to take this thread anymore off topic but Barca's team could make any forward look good i bet Super Pippo could get into double digits if he played for barca at his age...

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you were to play Giovinco behind Borini Then Serie A would have something special, as would Italy

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The thing is, defence should be our first worries.
    How many more strikers we will sign? borini osvaldo bojan totti lamela ... 5 players next year are enough for 3 positions. then you got pjanic to slot there as well in case of big injury crisis.

4. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, we also have the likes of Caprari, Piscitella, Nico Lopez etc who may be more ready next year.

The way I see it as that they are hopefully rejuvenating the squad in two swoops. The attack and some of the midfield last summer (and Stek), and the rest this summer. We potentially need four new defenders depending on Kjaer's performance in the final third(2 Cb's, a LB if they are not confident in Jose Angel and a RB) and a centre-mid if they are not convinved enough by Gago.

The only purchase for the attack this summer in my opinion will be the other 50% of Borini. That could perhaps change if Bojan leaves but I don't think he will.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This the same Bojan who could not make the Spain u21 team last season at the Euros? Face it, he has not lived up to his hype. Stop being so bitter man, running down Borini on every thread while bigging up Bojan. Fact is Borini deserves his place right now and Bojan needs to earn his.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I knew of Bojan before most people did, back with he was scoring 800 odd goals in the youth system of Barcelona, back when Gio Dos Santos was with the club.

I gave Bojan every benefit at Barcelona and now at Roma. Fact is he has not lived up to his billing, hype, talent or potential. He has not produced, Borini has produced.

None of this is to say Bojan won't suddenly break out. But I do firmly believe that in terms of pecking order he's not only behind Borini, but also Lamela. And that's his own fault.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is definitely his own fault. I do believe that he will hit form.

I know a lot of people think that the offense is fine, but the truth is that Totti may not be around half as much as he was this year. I am speculating purely on age and prior injuries.

If someone between Jojo,Erikson,Giovinco, or Rossi ,etc came in, I would be thrilled. Someone like one of them behind Borini.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rossi is no trequartista, why should we look to him to replace Totti?

9. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Borini is rapidly becoming a Roman legend.

We have finally found an effective, hard-working forward, and the fact we found him in the least likely of places makes it even better. I want him in a Roma shirt, forever.

10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Totti hasn't been an actual trequartista for about 6 years either.

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Aside from purchasing full ownership of Borini, I see no reason as to why we should add to our attack this Summer. Especially not when our defense is currently in shambles. Sabbatini's priority should be on our backline, plain and simple.

12. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Why does everyone on this board think Rossi is god?

He is extremely overrated.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Statement that really has nothing to do with anything.

Totti hasn't played trequartista because a coach decided to play him in a different role. Not because he lacks the characteristics. As a matter of fact with his age he now finds himself lacking the characteristics to play as a striker and is forced to go back into a playmaking role.

Luis Enrique has him in a trequartista role, a role the Giuseppe Rossi can not fill. On this team, with this coach, and assuming Osvaldo is a starter ... Rossi would be competing with Borini for a spot.

14. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1

Why?
    Because he's American, and well the board is American. Rossi's OK, maybe even good... by American standards ;)

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's also playing in Spain where history has repeatedly shown is easier to score goals, and padding his stats with penalties.

16. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Exactly.

He struggles internationally.

I compare La Liga to the Eredivisie fruently in the amount of goals scored.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Huh? No one ever said Rossi was a god. If you read back, I said that it would be great for him to be behind Borini with a bunch of other players.

Rossi is a good player, there is no denying that. But you guys got all excited behind your computer screens, in excitement to call someone out when truly you don't understand the point I was trying to make.

All the players I listed are playmakers. Did I write that he had to be a trequartista? No. Would it hurt if such player was a treq? no. Can Rossi play there if neccessary? Probably, but not ideal.

Rather, a versatile supporting player, behind Borini. Assuming Totti's health is clearly that; an assumption.

1 person likes this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you get it? A second point/Treq. That's my point. DDR why knit pick at my statement and overlook my general point just because you do not like Rossi?

Does nobody else agree with me that one of these support forwards behind Borini, to replace Totti, would be great?

19. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't rate Giovinco that highly but I'd gladly have any of the others behind our frontline, espcially Eriksen or Jovetic. We'd be talking serious cash though to shift any of them. I hoped we'd somehow pull Pastore out the bag last summer as the heir to Totti but Jovetic is just as capable as Javier.

Eriksen's agent said something amazing the other day that I read on the skysports site:

Eriksen, 20, has been reportedly targeted by a clutch of top European clubs, including leading Premier League sides.
    However, the Danish attacking midfielder is determined to remain with the Amsterdam club until his deal ends in 2014 before considering a move.
    Agent Martin Schoots admits the youngster may then reject a switch to England and move to Italian club Roma.
    "I recently found out Christian has followed Roma since he was a child," Schoots told retesport.it.
    "Many clubs are still interested in Christian, although I must say Roma have an interesting project which I believe still has to flourish.
    "In the future you never know what can happen.
    "Christian is bound to Ajax until 2014 and then we'll see."

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would like any of them equally. Maybe Giovinco and Jojo a bit more because of their Serie A experience.

If Eriksen really likes Roma and the project, then why not.

I wonder though if he would resign a sympathy contract, as so Ajax get a transfer fee.

Him living up to his contract and not signing a new one though would hurt them a lot.

21. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Eriksen does not play on trequartista, but more Pjanic's role.

Ajax formation:

---------------Vermeer-----------------
    ----------------------------------------
    VDW--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Boilesen
    -----De Jong---Janssen---Eriksen-------
    ---Sulejmani-- Sigthórsson--Boerrigter---

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Eriksen can't play second point?

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think Eriksen is a young talented attacking player with the potential to play in a number of positions. He could develop into that role, the kid has got it all.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that's what I had thought. He is versatile.

25. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Isn't De Jong pretty good as well?