Fabio Borini

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah that is silly. He would be one of the most talented and goal-getting scorers in the Euro's if not the most.

2. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    age doesn't matter as much in intl football. look at forlan/klose during the world cup

3. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    We all expected Lamela, Bojan and Osvaldo (not much from Osvaldo from my side) to be our attacking force at the beginning of the season. Few or maybe none expected Borini to be performing like this! Amazing player with bright future.

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Cheers once again to Borini for proving to be the only real positive thing to come out of this season thus far.

5. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    9 goal in 12 games, probably the most in form italian player atm

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Osvaldo who? :cool:

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Whatever rehab program he was on everyone should be on it.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I expected him to have some big games, but nothing like the form we are seeing from him. He is still only 20, pretty incredible. just a baybe.

9. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Fixed it for ya ;)

10. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    lol Vucinic scored only 3 goals this season.

Bojan 4 goals
    Borini 9 goals
    Osvaldo 7 goals

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    alright the both of them! i think the youngster is making the osvaldo purchase look ever worse in my opinion he is so much more noble then osvaldo and he is showing what L.E system can really do.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I completely agree, for me Borini is by miles the best purchase of our transfer market. The only one that completely saves himself in a disastrous season.

Osvaldo has done okay, but I can't stand his attitude. While I see it impossible to upgrade that area this summer. I think in the long run we could do better there.

Although it will never happen, I also this Prandelli should play like this come Euro2012:

Giovinco - Balotelli - Borini

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giovinco would work well at Roma should ask parma about him im sure he would rather go to you guys then to juve.

14. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    IMO, he's very similar to Bojan(without the mental problems), so I don't think we would gain that much for a hefty price I believe we'd have to pay.

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes but bojon is more expensive and should get sent back to Barca to be honest if they really thought he'd be something they wouldn't of sent him off...

16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    He has to potential to be great, but his fragile mind is destroying him. If he could mimic what Borini does, he could surpass him easily because he has more talent.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Even if Bojan were to leave I see little room for Giovinco at Roma. I also don't think he is as good as people make him out to be. He's too small, and he's no Messi. However for the Euros with the absence of Cassano and Rossi I think him and Balotelli are our best bet.

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont see it he doesn't have the mentality and mentality is very hard thing to change. also the ammount of money that you guys would have to pay for him wont even be worth it you guys have Lamela who i can see becoming a better player for Roma than Bojan if Bojan didnt come from Barca nobody would of ever of heard of him...

19. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just hope he gets a good boost in Football Manager.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giovinco would be amazing in Rome. He is not similar to Bojan at all, and I have no clue where anyone gets off saying that he has a weak psyche or anything of the sort.

If you don't agree that he is what people make him out to be, then you have to ask the question: "What do people make him out to be?"

Is he an extremely talented fantista (spelling?) second point player that is extremely fast, has great passing, and is very composed in front of the net? Then yes, yes he is.

I pay particular attention to his games, because I am a big fan of him and have been since when he played at Empoli.

21. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We already have too much competition no need for him.

22. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    For starters, I never said Giovinco is weak mentally, I was talking about Bojan. And I said they are similar because they are both small and explosive players who are best on the second striker or the left side. Also, both of their goal scoring records are not all that impressive so far.

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had just quoted your page but I was referring to another post.

Bojan is not a playmaker, and Gio is. Gio has consistently put big teams down or at least scored against them and has a further record of assists. 9 goals and 5 assists in 23 games is not bad for playing on a not-so-great team. Give the boy the backing and he will flourish, he just got a good rating on goal.com (take it for what its worth) against USA, highest only behind Borini.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    also do not expect Totti's health to be as lucky knock on wood that it has been this year

25. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Only at this blog I hear things so stupid. He was cap on the spanish national team when he was 18. They wanted him to play for the 2008 spanish euro team. It's stupid for people to say he wouldn't be known if he didn't play for barcelona. Borini played for Chelsea. What is Chelsea a team in the United States or something?Barcelona didn't get rid of Bojan he asked to go on loan to follow LE.

I want to see Borini break into a squad that has: Villa, messi, pedro, Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez. Borini couldn't get off the bench at chelsea.