Fabio Borini

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I really can not hide how much I like this player. I liked him from the first minute I saw him playing and saw the the intensity which he presses opponents when they have the ball.

I was really happy to see him return last night and confirm himself with such a solid performance. He's good speed, fighting spirit, a great sense of positioning, and most importantly discipline. He's a player that in my opinion despite some technical limitations is made for this coach and this style of playing. The best part is that the player is very much aware of this and is determined to do everything it takes to become a Roma players by the end of the season.

So forza Borini, I look forward to watching you in these next two months.

2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I totally agree with you. I'm glad that we have him and I really hope he stays with us after this season. How much do we have to pay Parma? 7 milion right? Give Okaka to them maybe that will reduce the price.. anyway he's worth it because IMO he's one of the most talented italian strikers.

[​IMG]

3. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A few days ago Borini's agent said his client's only aim this season was to make sure he would be part of our project for next season and we can see the kid is desperate to make that happen.

I think Bojan has been slightly unlucky in his time here so far but he doesn't help his case as he seems to have a whining moany quality to everything he does. Almost as if things don't go way and there's nothing he can do about it. Borini, although not as gifted a player as Bojan, looks as though he's giving every ounce of sweat in him to stay here beyond this season. Borini scored our third goal and was the reason why a chance was created for our second. He gets his head down without any complaint. Also seems to be very little negative ego about Borini either.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Agree, he will only improve and this is in many ways because he has the right attitude unlike so many young players of his age. A real team player and has so much potential. This was a very good move in the long term to get him on loan. He wants it

5. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I echo all of DDR's statements, I was excited about him as soon as we signed him, I was talking about him all summer and couldn't believe we got him. Bojan is more skilled on the ball but Borini keeps his head down and gets on with it something I admire in a player, he's also a great goalscorer. He reminds of Paolo Rossi in a certain way, not the most skilled on the ball but is a hard worker and gets his goals.

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I absolutely love the guy, and I'm very happy he is part of our team. He has already done more than enough to persuade the club to sign him, so I'm sure it will be done soon. And, once he starts getting more play time with this squad he will play even better. The only thing that he lacks atm is in passing, but I'm sure he'll work on that as much as possible.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    but yet half this forum was bashing him 2 months ago, saying he barely did anything and that "The highlight reel doesn't tell everything" which it doesn't, but still.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    but yet half this forum was bashing him 2 months ago, saying he barely did anything and that "The highlight reel doesn't tell everything" which it doesn't, but still.

9. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I think maybe one or two people did that.

10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Co-sign on wanting him here.

11. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    apparently I am a fabio borini basher because I don't think he is better than bojan. I think borini is a high work rate guy that applies defensive pressure. He adds a different element which I like about him. I am not convinced he is a starter but I definitely think he is an essential player. He brings instant energy but I think he needs to work on general play.

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not to hurt your feelings, but if Bojan doesn't show great improvement, then he will stay at Roma and maybe develop.

However if he does do good, it's worse for Roma because he will then be bought-back out of Roma and back into the similar system of Barca.

It's a lose-lose for Roma, and that's why I don't like Bojan being in Rome

13. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think this ^ is just speculation.

If Bojan does well and wants to stay at Roma he will stay. I think if he does well he will choose to stay at Roma. Barca isn't a selling club and isn't keen on squeezing money out of players. If he wants to stay he'll be sold at a reasonable price and nothing close to the amount stated in the "deal" both clubs seem to have in place now.

By the way, that ^^ is also just speculation :D:D

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Borini is a great player like him more then Bojan and to be honest if Bojan never played for Barca i dont think anybody would of cared about him...

15. Lxsx

Lxsx New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    does anybody know what does his goal celebration mean?

16. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol Seems like a player is only as good as his last couple of games. A player has a good game and he becomes the messiah. He has a bad run and he should be shot dead. Same for coaches.

Gotta love football. :D

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Actually Barcelona has to buy him back at the end of the 2013 season. That's why I've always insisted that it's really a masked loan deal. Roma has to pay them 12 million and they have to immediately buy him back for 13 million. In all likelihood the money will never even change hands. So if Bojan flops we really don't lose anything at all. The only situation where I think we could lose is if he sets Serie A on fire in his second season. Then we are stuck trying to buy out that remaining 28 million, which is awful for a player that's been in your squad for two years and you've waited on.

For me Bojan was the biggest question mark of the transfer market, I saw a lot of people get overtly excited just because he was a Barcelona player. However I was always afraid that he might be player that can only exist and thrive in Barcelona. Right now I feel like my feelings have proved right. At the same time we got an entire other season with him and he might be able to breakout then. As long as he's wearing our jersey I want him to do well, even if his doing well might not be super beneficial to us. Plus you see he has quality, that much is hard to deny. The question is can he adapt to Serie A where the marking is so much tighter.

18. jamboree

jamboree Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Lithuania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luis Enrique: Now you are all surprised as Borini did something out of ordinary, but he did what he always does, that's why we took him.

19. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree in thinking of the Bojan deal as a loan however it may help to also consider its positives from a broader perspective.

Even if Bojan returns to Barca after improving over the next two seasons (or what's more likely: Barca doesn't want him back but enough other clubs do and drive his price too high even if it's still not close to that 37 or so million):

We were still in need of depth and it may have also helped in ways that we don't realize that Enrique could have a player more familiar with the system he was installing.

Who else were we going to get without money really changing hands that had as much upside to help right away?

I'd imagine if a better deal were around to fill that gap we'd have made it.

I love Borini too but until I hear that we can only keep one of them it's really just for conjecture as to which one offers more right now. It was pretty great that one could sub the other against Fiorentina and both contribute.

I love talking shop on message boards but sometimes we fans tend to get too set on naming our ideal starting 11s and overlook that to be a Scudetto caliber team we need a roster that's deeper in quality players offering different skill sets.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is mandatory that Barca buys him back? What Roma loses, from what I understand, is incorporating a player, having him grow, and then seeing him get shipped right back to Barca. Unless, unless Roma comes up with that extraordinary amount of cash for his full purchase.

It's just a sucky deal and doesn't work out for Roma at all. Caprari is 17, lets see what he can do.

Honestly, I'd rather bring D'Alessandro back from Hellas and see what he can do first.

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Caprari is going to Pescara on a loan. If he plays good there then we have ourselves a pretty good player, and don't need to hope Bojan somehow stays.

22. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like caprari. I don't think there is anyway Bojan stays at barcelona regardless. They have alexis sanchez, pedro, messi, cuenca, affley, delofelu and others coming up through their ranks. I really think even if bojan scored 15 to 20 goals for us this year and next year we would be able to negotiate the end price. I think barcelona set it high just in case he became a mega superstar like fabregas.or messi.

Bojan was a star for the spanish youth team and in his first year as a professional. He scored 10 goals in a season at 17. So, I think the attention was warranted. I like Borini and I don't know why people can't be a fan of both players. Next year we will hopefully be playing in europe, league, and in the coppa italia. We honestly have five players(with osvaldo) for three spots right now which is very thin. Caprari is at least two years away from being productive for us.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nice interview with Borini:

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he seems very happy.

25. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    <3 Borini such an honest hard working player.