Fabian Irigoyen in Uruguay?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 9, 2010.

1. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    This guy is certainly better than many of the low-energy keepers in MLS. Any luck getting him a trial?

2. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you try going to the MLS website and looking for trials?:confused:

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Played 9 minutes in a DCU reserve match against PDL Club - I wasn't impressed with his play.

Perhaps, I have the wrong player given that DCU has his name as "Fabian Irioyen". However, the agent who told me his name told me that he was a US citizen (or could easily get papers) and that he plays in Uruguay.

9 minutes isn't a lot of time, but he has "fat hips" - his passing wasn't sharp. I don't blame DCU from taking a look, especially given their injury problems, but I don't think he's near MLS quality.

5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Suprised to hear that. I think he was born in the US.

6. Players4Export

Players4Export New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Montevideo
    I'm who took him to the US, probably with the agent you talked to. Are you sure he only played 9 minutes... I was told it was about a half hour. On his last game in Uruguay he almost had a pulled hamstring and that was still hurting when he tried out.
    We'll see what happens. He is still young.

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Excuse me, they're called "child-bearing hips" and in some cultures they're considered an asset.

Show some sensitivity, gosh.

[​IMG]

That said, there are limits.

[​IMG]

8. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    This report says he came on as a sub in the 81st minute.

http://www.dcunited.com/blog/2010/05/khumalo-lifts-reserves-over-northern-virginia-royals

9. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    done with DCU after apparently not impressing

10. Players4Export

Players4Export New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Montevideo
    He just played those 9 minutes. I talked to Fabian and he was in pain on one of his hamstrings from his last match a week before the trial. He wasn't even able to run properly without thinking he could pull it.
    I heard the trial was bad but if Fabian was that bad I wouldn't consider sending him. I believe he has potential but needs to be fully fit and with a little more professional experience.
    I'm not too worried about this trial although the image he left at DC wasn't as good. Anyway, I would never judge a player based on 9 minutes of play.

11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to C. A. Fenix's website he is still at the club. C. A. Fenix are playing in the Copa Suamericana.

12. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States