FA WSL Season 3: The Elliptic Year

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by shlj, Dec 4, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They don't, everything is kept secret with the FA :rolleyes:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    fake.jpg ....:whistling:

blissett and debzy repped this.
  3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This picture is perfect Batfink , a good representation of the situation absolutely perfect :thumbsup: . waouw very surprised by Bristol , I only Del rio form that team who else is playing there ?
    Last but not least ,14 games a league is risible ....they really need to add teams .

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Natalia Sanchon another spanish forward. Jemma Rose a young center back and Natasha Harding a welsh winger with great pace.

5. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Any particular reason for that or just the attitude that unless there are a good reason to make it public we just keep it secret?

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think they just don't want people to know what is happening. For examplethey play many games behing closed doot at every level from u15 to seniors and they don't even disclose the players selected. The U23 are supposed to play Norway and Sweden in 2 weeks, no news on squad, timing and location of the games.

7. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Well Sweden only did the selection yesterday
    http://svenskfotboll.se/landslag/u23-dam/arkiv/landslag/2013/06/u23-dam-trupp-mot-england-och-norge/
    And haven't any dates (only at the end of June) and places (only in England) out yet.

Norway also did its selection yesterday:
    http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_t...23-kvinner/U23-troppen-til-privatlandskamper/
    And they have the date and places for their games
    25. juni kl. 15: England - Norge (University of Warwick)
    29. juni kl. 15: Sverige - Norge (University of Warwick)
    Unclear if they mean UK or Norwegian time

So that it is no news of the English selection can be that the FA is just slightly slower to get thier info out (one day if they let it be known today).

8. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry, the dates and places (but not time) was in the swedish FAs article but a bit hidden.
    Sweden plays England on the 27th and Norway on the 29th both at univeristy of Warwick.
    Could be that the FA don't understand the value of information (or think that like money you get interest by hording it :) ).

Sorry, I am getting of-topic will stop that now

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I will probably attend Norway v Sweden as no one will try to kick me out lol.
    I got an email from the FA and the games are played behind closed door.

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So not much activity on the transfer side. Actually no club has confirmed any departure/arrival.
    We know that Arsenal has gone for the Scottish border with Emma Mitchell and Caroline Weir. Chelsea has signed Yuki Ogimi and also a Japansese coach Kei Hoshikawa. Also Liverpool in talks with Libby Stout.

Doncaster will come Wembley today and present their appeal. I don't think the FA will overturn their own verdict. Probably a wate of time and money for the Belles.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So is Yuki Ogimi signing officially confirmed? At a recent Japanese TV talk show, Ogimi didn't want to confirm.

Kei Hoshikawa is former NTV-Beleza's and INAC Kobe Leonessa's coach, won Nadeshiko League multiple times with both teams and I guess he's one of the more renowned international coaches in women's football.

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No it is not official but it is a certainty ;)

blissett repped this.
  14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The transfer window in the UK is from the 5th of July to the 1st of August.

blissett repped this.
  15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The FA WSL is an FA toy, they do what they want with it, give a franchise to whoever they want, even newly formed teams like Notts County ladies.

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ogimi's arrival now official.

There will be a few changes at Arsenal a couple of Scottish arrival, one retirement and at least 2 players leaving if not more.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Birmingham City Ladies have released Marie Hourrihan , she will be replaced by Rebecca Spencer who is leaving Arsenal. Another Arsenal player is in talk to play in the Division 1 feminine.

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good move for Rebecca , she is too talented to be the eternal number 2 at Arsenal , ok she is not tall and not the most athletically gifted but she has got an impressive goalkeeping technique and she is a nice girl too , she lets a good impression among her ex-team mates at Soyaux . An Arsenal player in D1 ? I hope is Kim Little !!!:inlove:

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arsenal have now confirmed Jayne Ludlow's retirement. She was to retire in November but, there has been problem with the new manager who banned her from training and playing.

21. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    o_O Really ? How come ? What she did wrong?

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have no idea, all I know is she got kicked out around May. I think she got annoyed at the manager doing 0 subs or 1 sub every game and not getting a game.

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The beast is back in Scotland ? Why ?...I mean I don't know the Scottish league at all but I don't think is good for her development as a player to go back there at only 22.