FA WSL Season 3: The Elliptic Year

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by shlj, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Men nu har jag ångest!
    Vad är felaktig med ordföjld?? subjekt, finitverb, komparativ-adjektiv-som-predikatsfyllnad, bisats-inledare-infinitivmärke, infinitverb, partikel eller adverbial-(preposition+plats)...

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I have a feeling I opened Pandora's Box.... :eek:

jocasta, Smulan and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am afraid there was a little misunderstanding. It's not a costume. :oops:
    I am a teacher in real life, not just on BS... o_O

For records, I teach Italian, Latin, History and Geography in an high school in Milano. :p

So I guess I am allowed to do "teacher things", right? :laugh:

My Japanese is still very rudimentary.
    On the other hand, I studied French since the middle-school, donc j'aime que tu partages ton avis à toi, bien qu'il soit le tien. :giggle:

(and yes, you did open a Pandora's box indeed. I guess within the next ten messages no-one will remember what's the topic of this thread... :cautious:)

jocasta and Gromit06 repped this.
  4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    If you had made it a straight sentence and hadn't tagged it on to the German, it would have been fine. I think that's what jocasta may be missing ;-).

So if I happen to have a teaching qualification, I get to do "teacher things" too? Woohoo! OK, Gromit06, go stand in the corner - you've been a very naughty poster! :ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Er... it happens that I am a teacher too in private life... Can't we say that I was teaching you some French ? :p

although I teach Cinema and not French...

6. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Yeah, I'm English. :ninja: :alien:
    Of a fashion.
    Sorry, I thought this was a footie forum, I seem to have landed in a wierd Teachers.net 'Language Wars' closet. I'm going to open the door to let in some air...

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I see that you understand well which are the major benefits of being teacher... :cool:

Smulan and jocasta repped this.
  8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A confirmation that the FA WSL is just a tool for England in preparation for tournaments and not made for clubs and fans, a short twitter exchange :

@FAWSL Why so many midweek matches theis season? It makes it harder to get to games.We don't all live local and some of us work!
    Hi @ we have a number of midweek games to ensure we can complete the league programme with having a long break for the Euros

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lastest training camp squad list :

Karen Bardsley - Lincoln, Rachel Brown-Finnis - Everton, Siobhan Chamberlain -Bristol Academy WFC, Carly Telford - Chelsea, Dunia Susi - Chelsea, Alex Scott - Arsenal, Laura Bassett - Birmingham City, Sophie Bradley - Lincoln, Casey Stoney - Lincoln, Steph Houghton - Arsenal, Rachel Unitt - Birmingham City, Gemma Bonner - Liverpool, Kerys Harrop - Birmingham, Lucy Bronze - Liverpool, Anita Asante - Kopparbergs/Gothenburg, Jill Scott - Everton, Fara Williams - Liverpool, Jess Clarke - Lincoln, Jade Moore - Birmingham, Jordan Nobbs - Arsenal, Rachel Yankey - Arsenal, Ellen White - Arsenal, Eniola Aluko - Chelsea, Rachel Williams - Birmingham City, Toni Duggan - Everton

Other missing players are Kelly Smith, Rachel Brown and Karen Carney who are all working hard to keep themselves in contention as the Euros draws nearer.

You can bet she will select 21 players from the list above plus Smith and Carney if they are fit.

12. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Did we need this confirming? It has always been fairly explicit that this was one of its main aims. HP has a big say in most league decisions, I think?
    Other national team's supporters may well view this with a hint of envy, as surely it makes sense to have one designed to give provide the best possible preparation/advertising for the other.

The sad thing being that 3 years in, it doesn't quite seem to have worked itself out yet. (Too many games in a short period, too long a gap between Part 1 & Part 2 etc)

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Niamh Fahey from Arsenal out for the season with an ACL injury. No official news from the club tough. Information comes from another fan who is reliable.

14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Toni Duggan has been disqualified for one game because she received 5 yellows in 8 games......5 yellow for a CF that's unbelievable ...loooool:ROFLMAO:

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, Toni got a couple of bookings for dissent. 5 in 8 is shocking, referee dont like to book players in England so to reach that total...

A quick recap of the 4 players out with an ACL this season :
    Rafferty Chelsea, Unitt Birmingham, Fahey Arsenal, Staniforth Bristol, 3 of them are left back.
    Plus Karen Carney who has been injured by a Canadian player and has not come back yet from her ankle ligaments injury. Kelly Smith has not been fit either for a while as well as Rachel Finnis-Brown. Not good for England.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We are on Game day 6 nearly half way through the season.

Lincoln 0 Doncaster 0
    Everton 1 Liverpool 4
    Birmingham 0 Bristol 2

1. Liverpool 12 pts (5) +8
    2. Bristol 12 pts (5) + 6
    -------------------------
    3. Chelsea 7 pts (5) +2
    4. Birmingham 6 pts (5) -1
    5. Everton 5 pts (5) -2
    6. Arsenal 4 pts (3) -3
    7. Lincoln 3 pts (6) -4
    8. Doncaster 2 pts (4) -6

Arsenal v Chelsea tomorrow evening live on ESPN. Liverpool and Bristol have a huge lead over the other contenders for the Champions League place.

Weltmann repped this.
  17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Time for the Euro 2013 break and halfway point in the FA WSL, the table looks a bit surprising compared to the previous years :

1. Liverpool 15 pts played 6 GD +11
    2. Bristol 15 pts played 6 GD +7 :eek:
    --------------------------------
    3. Everton 8 pts played 6 GD +1
    4. Chelsea 7 pts played 7 GD -2
    5. Arsenal 7 pts played 4 GD -2 :eek:
    6. Birmingham 6 pts played 6 GD -4
    7. Lincoln 3 pts played 7 GD -5
    8. Doncaster 2 pts played 4 GD -6

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even though I think Arsenal Ladies are in a very false position right now, I'm still seeing a very good competitive trend for this league moving forward over the next few years.

With the obvious short term negative effects of Man City's suitcases of money...:rolleyes:, for the first time in a very longggg.....hmmm no try forever, I can see bright light at the end of the previously never ending tunnel of obscurity for the English women.

Plus, it would have been interesting to see what a tiny 2% of the EPL's global TV revenues could have done for the WLS's domestic talents standards of professionalism/performance for the next decade too...:speechless:

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The Doncaster Belles appeal has been postponed untill the 25th of June.
    Fans are rallying behind the team, story about bells banner petition etc.

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ....and what happens to this whole ordeal if Doncaster actually finishes at the bottom of the table, where they are right now?

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nothing really relegation will be introduced at the end of the 2014 season with the bottom club going to Division 2 and the top club from Division 2 going up ( subject to having enough marketing and money to play in Division 1)

22. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I meant that since the restructuring is already "relegating" Doncaster for start of the 2014 season, then if they finish in the "relegation" position at the end of 2013, will their complaints about the restructure even be heard/worth hearing?

23. turbinchen69

turbinchen69 Member

Jun 6, 2013
    all over the world
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I might have missed something but why was Manchester chosen to replace Doncaster? I guess financial reasons played a factor here. I also wonder whether Sunderland actually applied for a place in WSL, since if I'm not mistaken they dominated their league over the past two seasons. Finally, did they consider expanding the WSL? I believe that having 12 teams in the league would result in more matches without reducing their quality.

All in all, the WSL is really entertaining this year: Liverpool crushing Arsenal in London and comfortably leading the table, Bristol wanting to secure a CL spot and both London teams underachieving. Seeing Arsenal in the bottom half (even if that's a result of their matches having been postponed) is particularly surprising, especially when I consider that this team managed to beat Turbine twice last fall.

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The 4 criteria for selection in the FA WSL 1 & 2:

1) Financial and business management
    2) Commercial sustainability and marketing
    3) Facilities
    4) Players, support staff and youth development

So basically Man City had finance and marketing acumen to be in top 8 while Doncaster did not have it. In term of richest clubs in the FA WSL here are the "estimated" budget from word of mouth and rumours as no real information exist

1. Liverpool 750 k£
    2. Arsenal 500 k£
    3. Lincoln due to big money paid for their 4 England internationals
    4. Chelsea 4 or 5 players are full time
    5. Birmingham just above 200k£
    6. Everton below 200k£
    7. Bristol below 200k£
    8. Doncaster around 140 k£ ie minimum requested

25. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    When do FA relase those budget (or summaries of them)?