FA WSL Season 3: The Elliptic Year

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by shlj, Dec 4, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ACL injury for Claire Rafferty. 3rd times on the same knee :cry:.

In other news, shock Liverpool win at Arsenal 4-0 :eek:
    Everton finally decides to start a WSL season up and running unlike the previous 2.
    Bristol level with Liverpool after Game day 2.

Table

1. Liverpool 6 pts pl 2 5-0

2. Bristol 6 pts pl 2 7-4

———————————

3. Chelsea 4 pts pl 2 5-1

4. Everton 3 pts pl 2 5-4

5. Birmingham 2 pts pl 2 2-2

6. Lincoln 1 pt pl 3 1-4

7. Arsenal 0 pt pl 1 0-4

8. Doncaster 0 pt pl 2 1-7 (R)

Sunday final game of Game Day 2 with a top of the table clash Chelsea v Liverpool (part-time professional v full time professional, the other teams are only semi-pro)

Gromit06 repped this.
  2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Poor girl. 24 years old and already three ACL ! :( I hope she's got a mental made with iron.
    Best wishes to her, anyway. :)

3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sad to hear Rafferty's problems , I hope she will be back stronger ,even though three times the same problem at the same place.....well the situation is definitely sad .
    Liverpool doesn't surprise me that me , well , it's always hard to win against the gunners and by four goals but from what I have seen against Liverpool is a solid team who is already ready to compete against top European club , the team has been built very well , strength , pace , technique , organisation they have it all and I LOVE Tasha Dowie , so underrated but so precious ...another one who has been black listed by Hopeless without a reason ....poor England .

ps : is any english person on big soccer ? ...:rolleyes: ..how come the people who contributed on this thread are mostly french .....lol..:thumbsup:

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As far as I know Dowie got told that she was a bit overweight in the past and too slow...that was a couple of years ago though. I have not heard anything recent on the subject. Obviously Hope Powell has promoted Duggan to the senior team and is happy with her.

5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok with Duggan but White and above all Rachel Williams are definitely not good as Sanderson , Jodie Taylor or Dowie in my opinion .

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hope Powell same bizzare choices as Bini, at least with Bini we know why players are excluded ;)

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England's Men go home early and...
    the men 2.jpg

England's Women impress and....
    Empty.jpg

any need to do the rest of the BS related math.....:whistling: lol.

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Latest results in the FA WSL :

from Day 3

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1

from Day 4

Everton 0 Birmingham 0
    Lincoln 1 Arsenal 1
    Bristol 2 Chelsea 0
    Doncaster v Liverpool postponed by the FA (unofficially to protect the pitch for the FA Cup final )

Table
    1. Bristol 9 pts, 3 games, goal difference +5
    2. Chelsea 7,4, +3
    3. Liverpool 6,3, +4
    4. Everton 4,3,+1
    5. Birmingham 3,3,0
    6. Lincoln 2,4, -3
    7. Arsenal 1,2, -4
    8. Doncaster 0, 2, -7

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Et hier Liverpool qui retourne jouer à Chelsea en Conti Cup et qui cette fois y gagne 4-0, se qualifiant pour les 1/2 ! Comme ils avaient gagné à Arsenal en championnat... Tandis que les Gunners battent Bristol 4-2 dans cette même coupe... avant de se retrouver à la fin de la semaine en Finale de Cup... On finit par s'y perdre :eek:
    En tout cas, les valeurs semblent un peu nivelées cette année, non ?

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Men är det någon som vet varför Mitchell sticker till Arsenal?

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Weil es da cooler ist als in ... Essen?

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ich denke dass als es viele Spielerin von Schottland und ein Trainenrin gibt, det är lättare att spela i England.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    We need some of Blissett's Italian now. And surely someone could break out the Japanese?

It's hard to know from everybody's profile, though regulars are more "fingerable" (so to speak), but it certainly seems like Jenson is the only Engerlander. She's from flat cap country, though, so she barely counts.

14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oooops.... I was wondering why suddenly people were writing in odd languages... I didn't notice I started it :eek::ROFLMAO:
    I had just posted several posts on various French forums and I posted this one in chain... i'm so sorry and confused... :confused:

So... I was saying... that Liverpool went back to Chelsea yesterday and won this time 4-0 for the Conti Cup, qualifying for the 1/2. They had the same win as at Arsenal in FAWSL (4-0 too)... At the same time, the Gunner Ladies beat Bristol (the current WSL leader) 4-2 for this Conti Cup and go to semi too... before re-playing the same match at the end of the week, but this time for the FA Cup Final... It's hard not to get lost...
    And I was ending by saying that it all seems a bit levelled this year...
    :unsure:

Micol repped this.
  15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Non c'è problema, ci posso dare una mano anch'io. :p
    Igirisu ni kotoshi Nihonjin ga hitori imasu. :) (Or so it seems.)

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    si si parlo un poco italiano

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And here we have Gromit06 admitting that French is an odd language... Well, we always knew, but anyway is cool to hear it from a French... :cool:

Mmmm, guys... if this is the best "Italian impression" you can make, you've still got to work a little... :geek: Micol, I am not sure if you wanted to say "I can help you out" or "I can help out about it", but anyway the use of "ci" here is extremely informal...

Shlj, "si", when meaning "yes" needs an accent mark: "sì". And, unless you're writing in a quite refined style, "un poco" quite always becomes "un po'" (for sure it's "un po'" in the kind of sentence you wrote).

Dovrò passare di qui ogni tanto per dare qualche lezione di italiano fuori orario... ;)

Gromit06, gricio61 and Micol repped this.
  18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    So you told Micol off for being too informal just before you told shlj off for being too formal? :D

gricio61 repped this.
  19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Regarding the Conti Cup games, well Liverpool gave a football lesson to Chelsea.4-0 could have been 10-0. Arsenal worryingly beat Bristol 4-2, Bristol had 7 players that came through the ranks and many 17-19 years old, while Arsenal made only 3 changes. Everton beat Doncaster and Lincoln drew at Bimringham.
    Semi-final will be Arsenal v Everton and Liverpool v Lincoln early August.

Next Sunday Arsenal v Bristol in the FA Cup final and again in the League in Thursday.

I was at Chelsea v Liverpool on Sunday and came across many players on the touchline with their dogs in the ground :eek: weird, one of them was a senior Arsenal player fit to play but not selected even to make the bench. She did not say why as she knew it would end up on twitter, facebook and football forums lol I obviously don't put everything I get told on internet.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, they were both quite far from standard, though in different directions: Micol's "ci" in that contest was well beyond simply "informal", I am afraid I've used an understatement; it basically belonged to the language of children or illitterate. :giggle:
    While Shlij's "un poco", although formally correct, it's really seldom used in everyday's language: 90% of Italian speakers would have used the abridged, more common form "un po'" in that sentence.

So yes, I can correct in both directions; that's what teachers are allowed to do... :cool:

Edit : for Micol: it's not that "ci" can't ever be used in sentences like yours; it's having it tied with the phrasal verb "dare una mano" that doesn't work at all.

Micol repped this.
  21. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Didn't you realise how difficult it is to get the tone right on BS? :D

jocasta repped this.
  22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    So... on BS you're the Teacher. I see. What kind of a costume do you have for that? I think it should be used in your avatar.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think Blissett is enough a very good pupil in Japanese on the Nadeshiko thread, to allow himself to be a good teacher in Italian here ;)
    Voilà mon avis à moi que c'est le mien que je partage (that is awful French for you :p)

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Does that mean I have duty to correct shlj's word order in Swedish? Right everybody - no more Swedish! :eek:

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I knew it google translate is rubbish !