FA Academy Premier League 2011/12

Discussion in 'England' started by Garibaldi11, Jul 20, 2011.

1. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Re: FA Academy Pemier League 2011/12

Plus the Liverpool U18s beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 over the same weekend. Lussey, Dunn and Morgan with the LFC goals. Rowbotham with a penalty for Wednesday.

Highlights here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPYVa00Zl0"]Highlights: Liverpool U18s 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday U18s - YouTube[/ame]

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

Another embarrassing hammering for Liverpool (6-0) in their Next-Gen home game against Ajax.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

Chelsea will be taking part in that tournament next season. Will be good for them because they have quite a few that will benefit from it.

4. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
  5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  6. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Don't get why Big Sam says Ravel does not have first team experience. You signed him to give him exactly that. What does he expect, an occasional young bench-warmer at United will bring in 100+ pro games experience with himself?

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

2-1 to Chelsea then in the first leg - good to see Pearson back fighting fit.

8. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Loftus Cheek indicated he might be fit for 2nd leg, unsure about him making start though & won't expect too.

9. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England

I thought Pearson really grew into the game as it went on, he impressed me a lot. Nice to see Wilson scoring and having a good game aswell.

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

His tackling was really to the fore - he flies in so fast they don't see him coming. And he's always on the move making himself available even though the pass rarely comes.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

Wilson is not really a striker so his impact was marginal for the most part until Byrne came on. Not having Lawrence is a definite miss.

Pearson was my MoM. Not just tackling but his positioning and understanding of when to drive forward was immaculate. Given he has been out for a considerable time, it is even more impressive.

12. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England

I thought he could operate as a striker though? Obviously it was going to be hard for him as an U16 upfront on his own against physically bigger players though. I agree that not having Lawrence was a miss for Man U.

He was my MotM too, he has impressed me each time I have seen him, including for England. I'm glad he is back from glandular fever and getting some much needed time on the pitch.

13. silva is gold

silva is gold Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

City beat Barnsley 2-0 this morning, goals from Hiwula (his 23rd of the season) and Meppen Walters.

England internationals in Bold
    Lawlor, El Fitouri (Facey 90), Kennedy, Plummer (Swann 78), Leigh, Meppen-Walter, Glendon, Huws (Clowes 70), Hiwula, Rusnak, Smith-Brown.

Unused subs:
    O'Brien, Bryan.

Nice to see Facey return for first game since September, was Eng U16 & U17 captain before his injury.

Think 3 wins from last 5 will seal group C.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

He has played as a striker a few times but that has more to do with the lack of options than anything. I think he will end up more of a wing-forward.

15. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England

Yeah I could see him becoming more of wing-forward too. It will be interesting watching his deveopment.

16. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

what is pearsons best role? ive not seen him much so i might be a bit off, but he looks similar to nico yennaris

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Chelsea beat Bristol City 2-0 on Saturday with eight schoolboys involved. Every single one of the 14 that played are England eligible (Bangura and Boga born abroad but will qualify for England under the five year education rule, Boga just doesn't meet it for another year).

18. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC

Boga is French through and through though, no?

19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Well yeah, but he moved to England aged 11 and so technically could qualify. Born abroad to two foreign parents in the same way Nathaniel Chalobah was, for example. Chalobah just moved at a younger age. The difference is that France are a recognised football power and Sierra Leone aren't.

20. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC

ahh. bon chance angleterre.

21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011

Hiwula has 23 goals already. Wow.You think he is going to make it big ? Is he as good as Afobe ?

22. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC

hard to say at this age at all. long way to go. he's on the right path though. needs 'that' opportunity/chance, however.

23. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

Man Utd signed a midfielder from Derby a few months ago. His name is Yussif Adam. Was schooling in Nottingham but originally from Holland I think but been in England for quite a few years. I belive he is U15 but playing for Man Utd u16s.

24. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

Who knows the players who have got scholarships from their or other clubs?

Would be good if we could list what we know and see what the intakes look like at some clubs.

25. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Arsenal:
    Jebb
    Akpom
    BOO
    Lipman