Explain this please

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by ballard45, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haven't posted on here for long time but as always have been suffering with all of us watching the way in which West Ham perform.

One of the most concerning things to me is observing how our so called professional management team of Karen Brady and the 2 David's ( I won't include SA although I'm sure he is part of it), operate. Let me give you my concerns.

Benni McCarthy. How on earth did we ever buy this guy and then not play him, then give him a payout. The guy was so unfit blind Freddy could have seen it.

Carlton Cole. How can you not renew his contract, effectively get rid of him and then because of our poor efforts at replacing him, finally give him a 3 month contract, not play him because he is not fit and then extend this to a new 18 month contract paying him £40,000 per week!

Various signings from last year such as Paulista. Who is the person that signs these people and then doesn't play them? If they are not good enough why get them in the first place?

Andy Carroll. How much due diligence was put into this. I think he is great and could yet be our saviour but really so far his return on the £17m plus his wages has been about £100......not great.

Now we have these loan signings. Do we make it a condition that when we sign players they can't be fit. It seems this way. Yet other clubs get players in and away they go.

Ravel Morrison. What genius would agree to the contractual terms as reported in the press. Ludicrous.

There are others but it does my head in to keep thinking about them! I just worry about the fact that people who are supposed to be professional and competent get it wrong so many times.

Do any of you feel the same way?

2. Stompa

Stompa Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Frederick MD USA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The West Ham way? I sometimes wonder if we have a scouting system. The thing is, its nothing new. We've been spending unwisely and buying crap for years. Its almost like something snapped when we sold the teenage Rio Ferdinand.
    You're right but I'm buggered if I understand it!

3. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #3 Madman1, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Yeah it just our ways, I think given injuries etc Carrol hasn't been given a chance, against Swansea he looked the biggest asset to us and totally controlled our game, but all other points gotta agree

4. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Totally agree 100%