Ex-RSL Players :: Where Are They Now? Pt.5

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    With a win, Rangers would be out of the relegation zone (by 1 point) with 1 game to go...Amazing turn-around.

2. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice little crowd there @ Essex Park. Seems like Yura is doing well in this game!

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait...When did Yura move from Denmark to Scotland? ;)

4. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is now at 5 goals for the season, which puts him in second behind Beckmann, who has 7. Go Yura!

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm 5 goals would be nice...
    oh well, i'll take sabo

6. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder if any fans from Randers have started to appreciate Yura's effort?
    Or perhaps it has nothing to do with Yura and is simply the new trainer?
    Boy I sure am glad he is not in Salt Lake anymore!!

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point in time, I would take the form Yura is in over the form of Findley thus far...

8. Boanerges

Boanerges Member

Apr 13, 2007
    West Valley,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see any blogs with the video so I looked it up myself. I guarantee you his second goal would have been called off if he were wearing an RSL jersey!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVVK5OL0YU"]YouTube- Randers 2-0 Midtjylland[/ame]

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glad to see that the refs there are better than here. They likely would have either called that second one off or a hand ball, which it was neither. His arm was against his body and the ball hit into him from 2 yards away, not a handball.

In fact, I bet in the MLS they would have called the first goal a foul...

10. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hand to Ball? or Ball to Hand?

11. realsparta

realsparta Member

Jul 22, 2008
    All over
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugly goals> Crap first touch on the first goal, lucky the ball bounces back to him. Second goal, even uglier.

12. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Kinda reminded me of Conor Casey with the way he just plowed through everyone. Bull in a china shop, and he luckily got the ball in the net. Still, the result counts.

13. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    They would have called a foul on the first goal. The second they would have taken away because the ball bounced :rolleyes:, they would have called him offside. I know, I know. Somehow they would have figured that offsides.

14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Of course 5 goals in 9 games (752 minutes) look good on paper, but I'm still not convinced. I agree that he seem to lack the needed skills at this level and he misuse lots and lots of opportunities you normally should not miss, if you want to make it at this level...

If you look at how well Randers have done after the winter break :
    http://www.ligafodbold.dk/?cat=statsStandingsSeason&tID=130&cat_id=4

...then Randers are undefeated and have been the best team in the league, so he is also playing for a team that is on a roll and has never been better, which makes it easier for him to "shine" if you can call it that...

15. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceres, is there a site to look at statistics such as his shots taken and hisshots on goal since he has been at Randers?

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    show me a player outside javi that can finish a shot like yura did on his first goal lately?
    yeah, noboby
    bag on him all you want, we could use that form

17. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ask Barcelona about handballs!

Yura was VERY lucky not to have the second goal called off - it might have been ball to hand but he also gained control of the ball on the bounce as a result of it. Plus his arm out like that was not at its natural position.

However, I like the brutish nature that Yura gets goals at time - they don't have to be pretty, just go in.

Like Ceres, I'm not convinced by any means that Yura has what it takes to move up in Europe because he wastes too many of his good chances. Sure, he he occassionally makes something out of nothing but he more often makes nothing out of something. ;)

18. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree, We could use his play right about now. Yura may not finish all his chances but he has always been at the right place to get a shot at the finish.
    Yura is still young, has great speed, strength and a sense for goal! something that RSL is now seriously lacking in any of its forwards.

It looks like Rander's may do what seemed impossible a few weeks ago, they may avoid relegation. And with that Yura will enjoy another year with the club and if he continues with his recent play, he will see a chance with a bigger club in Europe.
    All of which is great for Yura but a loss for RSL.

19. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I fixed your post.

Also, you know there wasn't a snowball's chance that RSL would keep him, right? He wanted to play in Europe. Maybe if he'd been offered DP money he'd stay, but RSL would have been plain ol' stupid to do that.

I'd like to see Yura succeed as much as the next guy, but he wasn't the answer to our scoring problems when he was here, and he hasn't exactly blown the Danish league away either. Let's not spend too much time worrying that RSL was irreparably damaged by swapping Yura for Sabo.

After all, after playing 261 minutes, Yura would have averaged 1 goal and 0 assists, while Sabo has 1 and 1. Looks like a net gain to me.

20. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First paragraph, you are 100 % correct, Yura wanted Europe, got Europe and will now be able to stay in Europe. Thanks for correcting my post! I really needed your help expressing myself.

Second paragraph is plain wrong, Yura was a huge part of both of our playoff seasons! His contribution got us in two years ago! and his play helped us get a title last year.
    As to his contribution to Randers and his impact on Danish soccer?. Next year will see Rander's being paid a very nice transfer fee as Yura moves on to a bigger more established club in Europe. My guess is he ends up in Holland.

Third paragrhaph, As a huge RSL fan I really hope that Sabo contributes like we all hope he can.

Don't misunderstand me, this thread is "Ex RSL Player:: Where are they now? I am simply one RSL fan who really believes "Yura was a great part of RSL's success and would be a huge contributer to RSL's success if he were still here.

21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would trade findley for yura... at least right now

22. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Dude, I totally feel the same way about my man Matt Behncke!

[​IMG]

23. JJ1975

JJ1975 New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You must be having a laugh! The way he finished that 1st goal was first class. Are you blind!!! What does it matter how the 2nd goal goes in. If he gets lucky good for him. Good soccer players create there own luck. Yura is a fantastic player and a player we are missing greatly right now. I suspect that there is a sign of Jealousy that Yura wanted to leave for europe! We all said he was making the wrong decision leaving us for a team that were on their way to relegation in Denmark but WOW he has proved us all wrong and in the meantime showed us what we are missing.

24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yura played 90 minutes today before being subbed in injury time in Randers 1-1 tie with FC Nord(a lot of funny scanda-who-vian letters follow).

Ergo, Randers is now third from the bottom, but my danish is too limited to say if they are out of the relagation zone. But they are still undefeated since the Danish league restarted play and there are only three games left in the season. Their next game is against the next team up in the table, AGF.

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint Mathis should prpbably be in his own thread - ex-ex-RSL players - but he got in about 15 minutes with LA last night. His MLS trajectory: LA-NY-RSL-Colorado-NY-LA-RSL-LA.