Ex-RSL Players :: Where Are They Now? Pt.5

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yura has only played 7 of their last 9 games (or 592 minutes) and Randers are undefeated in their last 11 league games in a row, so the change has nothing to do with Yura, but with a new and tactically clever coach and a change to a style of play that suit the players they actually got..
    ---

youtube highlights from his last match and two goals against Silkeborg :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdmpCwQgL84"]YouTube- Silkeborg IF - Randers FC, 1-3 (14-04-2010)[/ame]

2. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait...Yura had a 1v1 with the keeper and didn't kick it straight at his chest?

3. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to do with Yura??
    I would bet that the Rander's fans see this a little differantly
    My bet he has become very popular with the fans and team

4. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Thanks. You make the point I was alluding to - that the turnaround correlated with Yura's arrival not that it was caused by his arrival.

5. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I think if Saborio adjusts to RSL properly AND lives up to his past performances he will be the best striker RSL has ever had... not a terribly high standard since RSL has never really had a true GREAT striker. However, Saborio has what it takes to be that guy in MLS.

Saprissa is a quality club and he produced there consistently and often. FC Sion is on par with MLS clubs and he also produced there consistently and often. He dipped in England but hopefully that was more about *wrong place/time* than him having lost something; and if so, RSL got a great MLS quality signing in him.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    his second sure was lucky to find the net...

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Perhaps after this match, but otherwise he has squandered way too many huge opportunities to become all too popular..

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't miss Seitz...

9. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    Do you think his bad luck between the pipes has anything to do with his team?

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a . . . display of sorts in today's game, for sure.

11. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal last week and tonights first goal were not his team's fault. They were major screw ups on Seitz's part. But nobody should give up on him yet he will only get better. If he can pick himself up from such huge mistakes he will only be better later.

12. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see Toronto's first goal tonight?

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the clip on White for the 2nd goal? Oy vey!

14. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His challenges are mental. Hopefully he'll get the playing time to grow into his talent. Right now he's gripping and it's tough to watch because I'm rooting for him to excel, but he's still young and keepers peak later.

15. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Only 9 rounds has been played after the (very long) winter break so Randers turnaround startet last year (long before Yura came to the club ) when they fired their coach and signed a more tactically clever one....

Still, Yura is only 22 so ther is no reason to write him off... He has time to learn and improve... and hopefully also become more consistent.

16. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I couldn't believe he didn't even get a yellow for that...

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I am embarassed to say I ever wanted Seitz to play for RSL... this guy blows

18. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Nuance dies a little bit every day on Bigsoccer, doesn't it.

19. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's interesting to hear you say this having NOT followed Yura specifically in MLS... for those of us who watched him over the past couple of years, we have the same criticisms. Huge potential, but unrefined and not quite there (yet... hopefully).

20. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else notice that Seitz's jersey was blank? No team crest, no MLS crest. What's up with that?

Terrible mistakes. Couldn't believe he let the ball bounce off him and in. Almost as bad as Bouna's OG last week.

21. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    Being a goalkeeper on an expansion side is difficult, and it won't end until the team gets better. Brad Guzan went through some struggles and was benched during Bob Bradley's year at Chivas. He recovered and went on to good things.

It's kind of a catch-22 situation for a young goalkeeper. I think Seattle made the right move and went with a veteran who could be a source of consistency and stability rather than a roller-coaster like the rest of an expansion team is likely to be. And to think, we almost got Keller when we first started. RSL certainly would have been better for his presence, but I wonder if his career could have survived that quagmire or if retirement would have looked like a better option after year 2 or 3.

Seitz's confidence is clearly rattled right now. Worse still, he wasn't hung out to dry by his expansion teammates the way he probably will be in some games. The first free kick was obviously poor, and the penalty he conceeded wasn't even in a very dangerous situation. Hopefully for Philly's sake, he finds some sort of mental relief in the coming weeks.

22. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Enjoyed an Austin Aztex game today featuring Jamie Watson, and Rochestor Rhino player Tino Nunez this evening. They appeared to be in their appropriate division...

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jamie watson... that guy was f-ing crazy

24. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!