Ex-RSL Players :: Where Are They Now? Pt.5

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealSandy

RealSandy Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, seriously... he left for that? Is that truly a better situation?

That play shows how extremely selfish he is.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no worries, Espy seems to be filling the role of "selfish, wont pass to an open teammate, so much potential yet so stupid" foward quite well.

3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    He he takes cheap shots! That's extra!

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yura left for one reason, the glory of Europe. Now that he is in Denmark, he should be able to move up and around in Europe. Although doing dumb-dumb things isn't going to help the situation.

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really? you think he is going to move around europe now? maybe around the lower danish/swedish/swiss leagues, but i cant see him moving up right now. seriously, every highlight i have seen of him in denmark so far has been miserable. he still plays the most selfish on the field (i mean i honestly dont think i have EVER seen a player completely take away a goal like that) and still cant finish shots to save his life. he's young, at least he's got that going for him, but i dont see him being anything other than a inconcsistent serviceable forward.

i also agree that the fields/stadiums i have seen so far from yura's highlights in denmark are f'ing pathetic. i mean those fields are AWEFUL, i have played on better rec league fields that get trampled by hundreds of people every weekend. all things being equal, i wonder how yura feels in that department. rio tinto is world class compared to those stadiums.

6. Immanuel Kant

Immanuel Kant Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yura may be selfish, but he seemed to make it work for us and was instrumental in providing some pretty clutch goals. I would welcome him back.

7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceres, fun to have fun but I would bet since Randers is starting to win and climb the league table they will be very unlikely to part ways with Yura. Watching the last RSL match against Houston I could not help but think? "Shit it sure would be nice to have a player that could pressure the opposing defenders like Yura did". We will pay the price for not having the aggressiveness that Yura brought to RSL.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You completely misunderstood me. I am not saying Yura is going to go from Randers to ManU for $5 million pounds next transfer. I am saying that Yura thinks/thought that he COULD make it big in Europe if he took a Danish job. Will it work out? I have no clue. I doubt it, but who knows.

9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree. It's very disappointing. Frankly, ever since he made that goal against SJ, he has been taking ridiculous shots.

10. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Ever since? That was 1 (maybe 1.5) games. Let's all hang on a sec before we throw Fabi under the bus, yeah?

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not consider the observation the same thing as throwing him under the bus. As you say, it's only been a little over 1 game. However, as I said, he has played differently since scoring the goal. The goal was needed for his confidence, but unreasonably overconfident is where it has taken him.

12. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. He took a few bonehead shots in Houston, but he also set up both of Javi's goals in San Jose. I'd say he's doing pretty good right now. Would I like him to pass more and not perform the DDP Diamond Cutter on players? Sure. But I'll also gladly accept the production he's gotten so far.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So how do Randers fans feel about Yura? Are they liking him? Do they want him gone?

15. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
  16. Crazy4RSL

Crazy4RSL New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Redondo Beach
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tino Nunez signs with Rochester Rhinos. Link

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
  19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he hires someone else to teach corner kicks. WOWZA!

20. ajr_RSL

ajr_RSL Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Mesa, Az
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, holy crap. I am taking Seitz's side on this though. I don't get how Moreno can even do that. Someone here is on crack.

Also,
    Luke Kreamalmeyer became a father.

[​IMG]

:)

22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are the rules on harassing a keeper in that situation?

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno, but I have to feel for Seitz on that one. Moreno stepped right in front of his swing. So instead of messing up his knee and swinging through im, Seitz pulls out (which probably is the reason it wasnt called).

Montero tried to pull this same thing against Rimando last night. Is there not a "halo" around the keeper when he has the ball secured?

24. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yeah. It was "iffy" for Seitz but COME ON!!!... he bungled it and unfortunately for him the ref didn't save him. Luckily it didn't cost them the game.

Also, for you Yura lovers out there, Randers FC is on an amazing rebound to avoid the drop in Denmark. They haven't lost since the winter break... they beat FC Copenhagen (1st place) today and are now 5 pts away from safety. They've scored more points in the last 5-6 games than they did in the first 20 combined.

25. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah