NSR: Everything but Football

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Cris 09, Sep 14, 2011.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Josh and other guys wouldn't appreciate that one man......

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stand proud, my friend, stand tall! No harm meant and no pun intended. :)

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The White guys do pretty well over there too bro. ;)

Where we were in charge, I think it is more of an "American" thing than a "Black" thing.

Although, there is a "Black Thing" there, it isn't limited to just Black Americans.

Just sayin' :cool:

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol @ the different meanings coming out of this

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After two weeks out due to work, I am finally heading home. I miss my girls so much and I am also happy to see that I got my upgrade to 1st. Bloody marys....come get me, bitches!!! :D

I should be pulling into the driveway right in time for the Turkey-Germany match.

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So for two weeks, you were out on the sea, in Florida?

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, I was at the company's new office...staying at a hotel.

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ...........in Florida though ;) How was teh weather?

12. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi, I'm gonna hang here now :D Officially unsubbed from the entire Bayern Forum :)

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome to the dark side. :D

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The..... DARK ...side............*evil cackling persists then slowly fades to the drop of a pin*......

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe we can get some more discussion going here now.....

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...but uncalled for.

Link with the video.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A little more help,

I updated iTunes when I was doing this whole transferring of songs. Yes, I found a way, but I had to pay $19.99 for the software. In the end, it is worth it as I was able to back up my iPod on an external drive as well and that has no price.

The issue I have now...is my laptop is running slow as shit...and I mean very slow. I ran all the diagnostics and everything seems ok. I tried to defrag over night and there is my issue. It won't do it. When I got back here in the morning to view the progress, it was still stuck a like 1.8%...the place I left it when I went to bed after the Colbert Report, last night.

I actually uninstalled iTunes because it was so freakin' slow and now my whole PC is slow. I haven't downloaed iTunes again yet either.

What gives?

18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Need to know:
    • Make/model of PC
    • OS version
    • size of hard drive and amount free
    • version of iTunes
    • # of processes running when you shutdown and then rebot your computer. Would help to know the top 5 processes using your core memory after reboot too
    I suspect you either 1) don't have enough space on your HD, 2) have way too many high-end processes running, 3) have programs causing memory bleeds, 4) have an old sucky computer and need to ask the wife for a new one for Xmas.

If the latter is true, let me know and I will send you a convincing PM that I have analyzed your system, it's hosed, and you need a new high-end desktop in order to feel whole again.:D

19. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well, he has a laptop, so I suspect that with all the stuff he's doing that he may not have enough memory for problem #2, which has resulted in problem #3. How much memory do you have on your laptop, Cris? If it's less than 4GB that maybe part of the problem.

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agreed. If it is a laptop [puke] then the apps may be bleeding memory. If he does not have a lot then that is an issue too. If he has too many processes running AND has enough disc space, we can at least shut some of the processes down, eliminate them from the start up commands and then defrag and kill off tmp files. But every time he uses those apps they will bleed again. Shutting down daily and defragging should help.

21. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Right on. I wonder if he's running Vista. ;):D

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys rock.

Seriously. :cool:

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't they though? Romario'sgurl disappears for months, ask a computer issue related question and she comes to your aid out of the freakin' woodwork, as does Gary and Nekki (in the Bayern thread).

I can't run the memory thing right now as i am doing a "check disk error" check. I can tell you that I have over 70 g of space and I believe 12-15 is the required minimum on my laptop. It has windows vista and it is a Sony Vaio.

The itunes is the latest version. Ironically, as i was looking for a way to transfer songs for my wives ipod, it was asking me to back everything from mine for this update. I was like wait a minute - creepy. I was doing this anyway. Glad I did, when i ran the update for tunes and the iPod, when it went to automatically recover my shit - I had an "recover error -50" msg that would not go away and it was unable to recover my songs. I would have lost it all if i did not download all my tunes a few hours before and simplyn trusted them to recover everything. Had to rebbot the iPod all over again.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    70BG of free space is more than enough. However, my guess is that your disc is badly fragmented.

What's more creepy is that I did not know you were Mormon. ;D

iPods and iTunes were not really meant to have a 1-to-many relationship with each other. In other words, those devices and sw work great 1:1, but when you try to sync more than one device to iTunes...and have it be bidirectional with multiple devices...then it gets tricky.

I always use iTunes as my baseline and keep my music there. I back it all up to a nice ix2-200 6TB home NAS drive. Then I pulg in my Apple devices and sync the playlists and stuff I want depending on the device...using iTunes as always my source and overwritting whatever is on my device. My iPhone is my main synced device so if I buy crap on iTunes from the phone THAT is my only bidirectional device. Keeps shit from happening like you have now.

I still think you have WAY too many processes running in the background. Tried Spybot yet? Download that, run in advanced mode and check how many processes are in your start up. Send it to my via PM and I can help you shutdown the unnecessary stuff.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Re: Everything about Cris's Apple Problems...

Oh, and an "error 50" is a time out error, meaning your iPod or the OS or the software is pulling an Arjen Robben and does not feel like playing right now and you need to try again.:D

Do this....

Error 13 and 14: These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:
    1. Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
    2. Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
    3. Try a different USB 30-pin dock-connector cable.
    4. Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
    5. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet-size modification for assistance. Or, follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to reset the packet size back to the default for Windows.
    6. Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
    7. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.