Everton v. Crystal Palace 8/21/04 [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sarabella, Aug 21, 2004.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Anybody watching the game? No TV here in the States, but I'm listening through the Everton site. Keeps cutting out on me though, so it's hard to hear what's going on.

Marcus Bent appears sharp, from what I can tell. Comments?

2. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Where are all the Everton fans??? :(

I wish Graves would quit scoring, so it won't hurt so much when he leaves. Although, without him, our boys would not yet have a goal this season.....

3. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
  4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is audio free, Sara? Or are the Toffees charging for it again this year?

5. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    They're charging again. Sucks, but you can pay by match rather than the subscription. They definitely get thumbs down for charging. But I figure they need the cash more than I do. ;)

6. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I dunno if I'll spend the cash next time. The feed is good, when I can actually hear it. I lose connection every couple of minutes and have to reconnect. I think it's Real Player though. They won't let you use Windows Media.

If the connection was better, I'd do PbP but I'm having problems making sense of some of it.

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very generous of you.

I'm boycotting the website until they bring back the free audio. :)

8. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Graves just scored again! Damn him! :D

According to the commentators, it was a nice setup by Bent and a beautiful finish by Gravesen.

9. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everton need to beat up on the promoted teams. I still think they will stay up.

10. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The commentators are saying that Crystal Palace looks done. One more goal should put them away.

11. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Bent scores it, he's on my fantasy team :)

12. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Marcus Bent gets his first goal! yay!

13. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent!

A key to Everton's avoiding relegation will be to improve our record on the road.

Our 1 road win today ties, I think, our number of away wins last season. :eek:

14. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Looks like our boys actually want to win this one. They're up by two goals and they're pushing for another. And we're on our way to only our second road win in the last 24 away games.

15. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He must have read my mind :)

Anyway, this would be a very good result for Everton.

16. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Into stoppage time now. We're too close to blow it, aren't we?? :D

17. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    FT 3-1

At least we secured a must-win. MoM goes to Gravesen, for his two goals. Kilbane was steady, Bent was superb.

We needed this morale boost after last week.

18. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this will give the Toffees second thoughts about selling Gravesen.

Sure they need the money.

But what they really need are some goal scorers.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    they HAD to get all 3 points today, well done

20. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concerning that no one seems to want to play for them. They are still short on players.

21. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I don't think they want to sell him, I think Gravesen just wants out. Why should we keep someone who doesn't want to play for us?

EDIT: Wait, if we live by those rules, we might not have a team! ;)

22. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    wait...

we won?? :confused:

cool

23. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Three points on the road ... what a concept!

I'm glad to see Bent did himself proud today. If he can stay healthy (an apparently big ask around these parts), he could form a good strike partnership with Rooney. Whatever meds the training staff fed to Gravesen before the match, keep 'em coming!

Now we have West Brom at home, another chance to get some separation between us and the Prem's nether regions.

24. schoolofscience

schoolofscience New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    philadelphia
    i have a feeling he and moyes have an understanding. moyes just wants to win and gravesen wants to be in a winning team (or one thats going places). if reports are to be believed, then he will sign if he sees ambition/progress. moyes on the other hand, will not let him go for peanuts (even if gravesen's heart truly isnt with us) as its far better to stay up with his help and have him leave for nothing, than get 2.5-3m for him now. the price of relegation would be far higher.

this week is possibly the most crucial in our history. id imagine that once the russians money is assured (please god), then our most talented players will be more agreeable to building the club back up. aside from a paper-thin squad, a useless board and crippling debts, we have an incredible fan-base (i believe we averaged more per home game than arsenal last season), a true footballing genius who grew up blue and a history that puts most premiership clubs to shame.

abramovich invested in a club that had ONE top-flight title. in most ways, chelsea are and always have been, small-time compared to us. zingarevich may just be getting a bargain.

coyb!

nick.

25. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a good win, i was so pissed off, i was watching Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and it sounded like we had just luckily scrawned it back to 1-1 only to do a great Everton 'lose it in the dying seconds' trick.

Seein Gravesens 2nd goal makes me not want him to leave, 2 good games in a row how long can he keep it up, and if he does can we keep him?

Is Sara the only passionate Toffee poster here? She seems to be the only one keeping this forum going sometimes.