Eurotrash VI: Galliano Couture Edition

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, May 31, 2012.

1. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  2. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Aww, BigDog! It's been a while.

Not really long enough, though. Please don't suggest it to LdB, they might take it.

Thank goodness we're finally on the second page; I didn't really feel welcome on the first page of this thread, what with my comfortable scandinavian shoes and all... harrumph!

3. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bonnie Lass repped this.
  4. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Well, it was all ok when I thought it was just an amusing quirk limited to LdB's annual whims but it seems they are now directly 'inspiring' kit designs in other corners of Europe! A UEFA study trip from Northern Ireland incorporated a visit to Malmo and look what happened when one of the attendees got home to Derry!

[​IMG]

Btw, I'm hoping someone has remembered to bring the shorts? :eek:

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I assumed they were some kind of pants-optional onesie, like the BigDog t-shirt that starts this page. Just put a belt around 'em, where that light blue stripe is, and you're good to go. Modest types could I suppose just add compression shorts. The colors already match the clogs quite well.

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It's like there's a kit virus going around, infecting other poor, harmless jerseys ...

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm sorry to report that my almost brand-new "1. FFC Frankfurt" umbrella is not coping very well with the current insistent rain. :( I'm trying my very best not to read that as a sign for the coming (football) season. :eek:

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Bonnie Lass repped this.
  10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Thanks. Added to my wishlist. (Although, as of right now, I can only pre-order the Kindle version.)

11. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i suppose that this is as good a place as any to point out that today is saint amandine's day. and long may she wave!

[​IMG]

13. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    US WNT playing Quidditch at Hogwarts.

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

Oh come on. She's got a fine name for being a footballer in Sweden, the definite article nicknaming convention (eg Jossan for Josefina, Vickan for Victoria, Chippan for that chippy guy) is built right in.

Heh heh. Reminds me of when we were practicing phrases to express "I didn't understand you, please repeat that." The teacher listened to us say 'Hursa?' a number of times, then, with a slight look of pain on her face, recommended that we all stick to 'Va' sa du?' or 'Jag förstår inte' for a while.

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tw*t you say? c*nt hear you. bare ass me again.

Bonnie Lass and jocasta repped this.
  16. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Chippen not Chippan
    -en is the masculin ending -an is the feminin one, although Swedes in general is hardly aware of it.

17. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    *sigh* Those who speak Swedish are, in my experience, preternaturally grammatically aware. (dammit, I knew I shouldn't have thrown him in there...)

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the following tweets need to be put in the Eurotrash, they are not even ironic :eek:

@fawsl
    So @hopesolo has reportedly said she'd like to stay and play in #England but which #FAWSL would you love to see the #USA No.1 join?

Here come the Everton ladies fan reply :

@Who_Dat_Girl
    @EvertonLadiesFc @fawsl @hopesolo @rach_brown1 haha ofc keep rach, but it wouldnt be a bad addition for options, rach still number 1

Yes an Everton fan who rates Calamity Brown aka Dracula better than Hope Solo...she is not even joking. :p

19. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    So, here's a question for Team US fans. Does the player in question know about/approve of the nickname 'baby horse'? It strikes me as slightly... odd. By which I mean strange and not in a good way.

20. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she's just bemused by it. Does she know about it?

Yes.

21. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Can't remember in which forum Solo's claims of widespread Olympic sex was posted, but I think the Trash is the only place for it. A smirkworthy rebuttal of Solo's estimated "statistics" here (including a scathing "Yeah, she's got a book coming out").

One of his points is particularly thought-worthy: Olympic souvenir, sport-specific condoms? Easy to pack and for free? Even I'd have them in a bag before you could say "Hey, I wanted some!" My personal experience of working with public health campaigns of various sorts is that nothing gets legs like free condoms (if you'll pardon the imagery).

22. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Look, they are even to be had in Olympic ring colors. (grammatical gymnastics courtesy of not wanting to sound even more like an 8 year old than usual) Wait, what was that again, rogue condoms? Yes indeedy. Don't worry, this nefarious plot by Australians (condoms with better legs?) is being investigated.

23. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abby wore it. It.

[​IMG]

Doesn't look all that bad actually? I guess.

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, I can't believe I even care... but the slogan, though witty, seems ever so slightly fallacious? I've been led to believe that the glands of importance for male reproduction (for want of a better term) aren't actually to be found in the area intended to be covered by even an approved brand of condom. [Indeed, the pituitary gland is having a moment as I type: "'Down under'?! What are these people on?!"] Oh, well, I suppose the rogue marketers had a harder time making a joke out of "organ" than they would have at an international Bach festival.

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    She looks like a character from Little Britain.