Eurotrash VI: Galliano Couture Edition

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, May 31, 2012.

1. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I thought Fernanda looked stunning and I'm not her biggest fan. Marta and Frau Neid looked great, as usual.

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #302 Smulan, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Really? Judging by the Eurosport broadcast, Marta had weird stripy skunk hair and Neid had a winter scarf paired with a sleeveless evening dress. She's not Kirsten Dunst. Glad to see that Fedora Angerer stuck to her established gala-wear, though.

(It's at times like this that I miss Bonnie's presence the most.)

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Neid fine to me. At least she made an effort...

Marta and her stylist take risks with her "award show" look and I appreciate that. Based on the Twitter pics I saw, Marta looked great in her dress.

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well Messi's suit was as ugly as you want it to be. And for once the women's award made more sense than the men's with the right player elected.

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Now, I love Messi as much as the next person (OK,perhaps slightly more so). BUT there was a shocking lack of velvet this year. He still looked like a wedding singer, but he wasn't velvety. Majorly disappointed by his fabric choices this year.

6. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    You didn't see his underwear.

exref repped this.
  7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Last night Nilla Fisher beat out some strong competition to be named as The Year's Homo/Bi/Trans, while high-jumper Emma Green Tregaro (who painted her nails in a rainbow during track-and-field's Moscow-hosted 2013 World Championships, to protest Russia's anti-anything-not-Strictly-Straight policies) wins The Year's Hetero. Please do click on the first link if you've always wanted to see Fischer looking all spangly!

8. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yay for her. :)

Did she get a car?:sneaky:

9. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ooooooo, don't go there... teehee... Actually, the article mentions specifically her strong public reaction to Ibrahimovic's idiocy before mentioning her contribution to the Euros. Don't know if the former played a role in the voting.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Why all the married women footballer have to change their name? I was looking at USA Algarve roster and wondering who was Van Hollebecke , I didn't know bulldozer get married.....same for that new German girls called Alushi and Sasic....we live in the 21th century girls , you can keep your real name , you don't "belong" to your husband.....:ninja:

ps: my thought goes to Rampone, Holiday , Franco, and too many others....

gricio61 repped this.
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Corinne Petit has gone back to her maiden name as seen at the Cyprus Cup.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hoda LL.png
    i couldn't find a picture of her from the back... it's a jerseyful!

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OL has only played a cup game (no names, and n°s 1-11) since then, but she's still called franco by olweb. we'll see against yzeure this sunday what name she wears.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #314 Smulan, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    petit.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I gues she said thank you to who you know :D

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    are you gonna eat that?
    r u gonna eat that.jpg

jocasta and Gromit06 repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    excellent :thumbsup: :whistling:

19. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think this picture can use some catty remarks...

[​IMG]
    first of all, why do some people think they're not going to fit in the picture if they don't squat down? thomis looks pretty uncomfortable but abily seems to be in real pain. cocotte has left off the glasses that she looked so great in, and of course, still looks great. if i was a woman i'd just have to hate her. henry has picked up the spectacles (some set trends, others follow) and they don't do a thing for her. she looks like the old guy in UP.

now, they're all pretty much dressed like you'd expect football players to dress: basketball shoes, jackets, caps... except for the youngest of them all. eve perisset is, like 18 but come on! she dresses like her mom!

21. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    It is probably more that they belive that the persons behind them will not be seen in the picture.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    in this pic you may be right, but there's one of öqvist after her last match at MHSC (that i can't find right now) that looks even weirder.

23. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    First, some information is needed, please. Who are these goons, and why is Lotta Schelin hanging out with them? From all the work going on in the background, I guess they're in Jersey and this is where they hide the bodies. Not very smart to pose a picture right there, is all I'm saying.

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #324 jocasta, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Hey! There's talk about transposition and diacriticals 'nshit up in the Team France thread! I invite you to bring it down here, where you might get more linguistically-appreciative traffic.

Problem is, what to do with names that include sounds that simply don't exist in your language? It took me literally years (well, and moving to Sweden) before I even could hear the 'sj' sound in important names like Sjöström and Sjögran (and let's not even talk about Schelin for the moment). I do not at all hold it against the poor English-speaking announcers who simply go with "Shoo-strum" and "Shoo-grehn". (I might secretly feel entitled to giggle a little at them, but I do understand.)

Good lord, now there's even Latin going on up there. I tried to learn my declensions my trying to put nouns in football terms: could the Swedish national team be reasonably called "pia feminarum"? Or should it be "feminae piae"? Depends on who's doing the owning, I guess.

kolabear repped this.
  25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Too bad there's no Latin teachers about; if there were, surely their writing hand would be itching for a red pen.